SportsWrath

Day two wish list?

Sephiroth

I'm kindda hoping the Giants trade up.

I just named 10 very good players... guys that can make a huge impact for the Giants immediately. Meaning at least one of them WILL be available at 40. We only have 6 picks this year... and we can't keep trading up and sacrificing picks with a very shallow roster.... we need numbers. I wish the Giants could add a pick in the top 75, I wish they had traded down in the first to get 1 or 2 extra picks. But I certainly wouldn't want to see them sacrifice any more picks.

I just named 10 very good players... guys that can make a huge impact for the Giants immediately. Meaning at least one of them WILL be available at 40. We only have 6 picks this year... and we can't keep trading up and sacrificing picks with a very shallow roster.... we need numbers. I wish the Giants could add a pick in the top 75, I wish they had traded down in the first to get 1 or 2 extra picks. But I certainly wouldn't want to see them sacrifice any more picks.

This is the way I feel too. It's great that we got that punter last year but he cost us a pick, and we traded last year for Collins too.

Not my wishlist, just what I think the Giants will draft. I say what and not who because I thought they would draft Heargraves, but only because he was the only guy I figured around then that warranted the pick in that position. I just figured they were picking the position.

I don't know who it will be, and it is not my wishlist, but the Giants will select a DE in the 2nd round.

There are a handful of DEs available worth the pick in Spence, Dodd, Bullard, and Ogbah...maybe even Calhoun depending on who you talk to.

At the same time, there are LBs too in Jack, Ragland, Correa, Cravens, and Jones that some could argue are worth it at 40.

Notice I didn't say Myles Jack... I don't think he's on the Giants board. If they were too gun-shy to take him at 10, I don't think he'll be a consideration at 40. There isn't a lot of difference in the talent from the back half of the first round up to pick 40 or so. So we should get a guy that in other years might be a first rounder. Giants can't gamble... the time for your gambling picks this year is in the 4th and later, on Day 3.

Hmmm... I'll sit back and watch.

Yup, the traded that one away. That's why we only have 6 picks this year, and more holes/good players needed, than draft picks. Can't keep doing that. Depending on how the first 8 picks of the 2nd round goes, I'd still prefer another trade back. But not at the expense of being out of the running of landing Dodd, Chris Jones, Spriggs, or Michael Thomas.

WR Sterling Shepherd, DE Kevin Dodd, or if he falls to us I would have no problem taking CB Mackenzie Alexander.

For defensive line, this draft is still incredibly deep at that position and there still a huge backlog of players to take in the third or fourth round potentially. I'm quite surprised those Alabama lineman didn't get selected.

WR Sterling Shepherd, DE Kevin Dodd, or if he falls to us I would have no problem taking CB Mackenzie Alexander.

For defensive line, this draft is still incredibly deep at that position and there still a huge backlog of players to take in the third or fourth round potentially. I'm quite surprised those Alabama lineman didn't get selected.

Both of them suck. I had a 4th round grade on both