SportsWrath

Anyone going?

ppodlesny

Anyone going to tonight's game?

Unless tickets are free, I don't think I'm ever going to a home game again... and my folks had season tickets for 50 years.

Every time I see empty seats at the stadium I think John Mara is getting exactly what he deserves.

Unless tickets are free, I don't think I'm ever going to a home game again... and my folks had season tickets for 50 years.

Every time I see empty seats at the stadium I think John Mara is getting exactly what he deserves.

because of the seat license?

because of the seat license?

That's the biggest part. The way the team treated my family was disgraceful.

But also it's the execution. The new stadium is somehow WORSE than the one it replaced. It's big, but it's ugly, and it's set up really poorly, funneling all the patrons through the same escalators/staircase system instead of having individual ones by tiers. It takes about three times as long to get to the seats as it used to (though I will say, the bathroom lines seem shorter).

And don't get me stated on the concessions. A 10-dollar Budweiser? Eight-dollar hot dogs? C'mon man.

My dad is convinced the Giants' recent failures is karma coming back to bite the Mara's and Tisches in the ass. They wanted to corporate crowd and now they've got it... in a 3/4 filled stadium where everyone leaves at halftime.

But also it's the execution. The new stadium is somehow WORSE than the one it replaced. It's big, but it's ugly, and it's set up really poorly, funneling all the patrons through the same escalators/staircase system instead of having individual ones by tiers. It takes about three times as long to get to the seats as it used to (though I will say, the bathroom lines seem shorter).

And don't get me stated on the concessions. A 10-dollar Budweiser? Eight-dollar hot dogs? C'mon man.

My dad is convinced the Giants' recent failures is karma coming back to bite the Mara's and Tisches in the ass. They wanted to corporate crowd and now they've got it... in a 3/4 filled stadium where everyone leaves at halftime.

I was called about a year ago for season tickets .... I have been on the waiting list for a long long time ... I was stoked, until they told me the PSL was $25k per ticket. I said no thanks.

I can get tickets on Stubhub for $150 a piece, go to whichever games I want without having to shell out that kind of cash

Eh I dropped like 400 a piece for tickets for my dad's 50th (he's a skins fan), and we were pretty close to front row, dead center...it was most excellent. I'm not a big critic of the stadium itself but I think the parking and tailgating suck balls.

Seph, finally something we agree on! My father and uncle had their first season tickets in the Polo Grounds, in the 40s. I saw my first games at Yankee Stadium. We endured the Shea Stadium & Yale Bowl years and absolutely loved the old Giant Stadium. Those were the best years for me. Then came the new place and seat licenses, just as my daughter was getting ready for college....and I was getting ready to write checks and take out loans. It was an easy decision to give up the tickets, especially since the new place SUCKS! Put aside for the moment that it's a generic, butt ugly place, void of any hint of personality. The site lines suck!

We were in the front row of Section 329 in the old place - visitors side, 25 yard line, first four off the aisle - great seats! The new place has all the luxury suites and concessions between the 2nd and 3rd levels and the "same" seats are MUCH further from the field! It's roughly the equivalent of being half way up in the old place, at least. And the hallways, bathrooms and concessions up there are the same old cinder block - all the charm of Rahway! Throw in the $10 beer and worse, parking that went from $3 to $5, to $10, to whatever it is now (afraid to ask!) in the span of maybe 5 years! The greed is palpable! My uncle used to say (he passed last year) it all started changing when Tisch bought in.

But you know what? I don't miss it at all. Thankfully, high def, big screen TV came into existence right about the time I was walking away in disgust....and I haven't looked back. Mrs Gman and I moved to the Florida Gulf Coast earlier this year (love that Direct TV Season Ticket!) and I'm going to the Tampa game in November - my first game in years. I'm sure I'll enjoy it but really, I prefer my recliner (though I pace more than sit), cheap beer and no lines to piss!

Seph, finally something we agree on! My father and uncle had their first season tickets in the Polo Grounds, in the 40s. I saw my first games at Yankee Stadium. We endured the Shea Stadium & Yale Bowl years and absolutely loved the old Giant Stadium. Those were the best years for me. Then came the new place and seat licenses, just as my daughter was getting ready for college....and I was getting ready to write checks and take out loans. It was an easy decision to give up the tickets, especially since the new place SUCKS! Put aside for the moment that it's a generic, butt ugly place, void of any hint of personality. The site lines suck!

We were in the front row of Section 329 in the old place - visitors side, 25 yard line, first four off the aisle - great seats! The new place has all the luxury suites and concessions between the 2nd and 3rd levels and the "same" seats are MUCH further from the field! It's roughly the equivalent of being half way up in the old place, at least. And the hallways, bathrooms and concessions up there are the same old cinder block - all the charm of Rahway! Throw in the $10 beer and worse, parking that went from $3 to $5, to $10, to whatever it is now (afraid to ask!) in the span of maybe 5 years! The greed is palpable! My uncle used to say (he passed last year) it all started changing when Tisch bought in.

But you know what? I don't miss it at all. Thankfully, high def, big screen TV came into existence right about the time I was walking away in disgust....and I haven't looked back. Mrs Gman and I moved to the Florida Gulf Coast earlier this year (love that Direct TV Season Ticket!) and I'm going to the Tampa game in November - my first game in years. I'm sure I'll enjoy it but really, I prefer my recliner (though I pace more than sit), cheap beer and no lines to piss!

great post .......good on you Gman 329

If I weren't in the process of selling my current house and buying a different one, I'd be all about heading up to Buffalo this coming week. Anyone ever been to Ralph Wilson for a game? Is it worth it?

It's much better than watching a game at giants stadium. More of a high school, Friday night, hometown feel to it as opposed to the hollow, corporate feel of MetLife.

People open up their backyards for parking and tailgating. Grass instead of concrete.

It's much better than watching a game at giants stadium. More of a high school, Friday night, hometown feel to it as opposed to the hollow, corporate feel of MetLife.

People open up their backyards for parking and tailgating. Grass instead of concrete.

Thanks, sounds like a good time. But, given it's not gonna happen for me this year, I'd have to wait, what, 7 or 8 years until Giants are back in Buffalo? Eh, I'll forget about it until then.

Thanks, sounds like a good time. But, given it's not gonna happen for me this year, I'd have to wait, what, 7 or 8 years until Giants are back in Buffalo? Eh, I'll forget about it until then.

The other thing that I'll mention is that there is nothing worse than a drunk Bills fan. Especially now since they are perceived to be pretty good...those folks tend to think the Bills are heading to the Super Bowl every time they string a couple wins together. They better hope for a wild card berth because they aren't winning the division while Belicheck and Brady are in New England.