SportsWrath

What a horribly coached team.

Virginia Giant

You mean bringing in a D coordinator who's on his fourth team who cant sheme besides "send more blitz's" wasnt a good idea?

Or letting your O coordinator try to play a game like it's fucking Madden instead of trying to call a football game.

lol

People here fell down to worship the graven image of Spags... this so fucking sucks...

I don't see what Tom had to do with it other than the defense stopping to clock constantly with penalties and MacAttack not running 40 seconds off the fucking clock.

All three can go, but as the saying goes, the buck stops here. That 3rd and goal pass had to through tom, and if it didn't, he needs to go anyway because I want my head coach being involved in that decision. You have a three point lead with a minute and a half to go, the head coach nees to be in the OC's ear telling him the worst thing we can do is stop the clock.

It is just incompetence at the senior level. I figured we'd lose, but we got man handled tonight. The fact we were leading nearly the whole time was a fluke, but we could have stolen one, should have stolen one, and the entire coaching staff found a way to make the absolute worst decisions to stop the clock, allow huge plays and just in general act like they were afraid of winning.

Nobody without a horse in this race watched it and think the Giants are well coached.

All three can go, but as the saying goes, the buck stops here. That 3rd and goal pass had to through tom, and if it didn't, he needs to go anyway because I want my head coach being involved in that decision. You have a three point lead with a minute and a half to go, the head coach nees to be in the OC's ear telling him the worst thing we can do is stop the clock.

It is just incompetence at the senior level. I figured we'd lose, but we got man handled tonight. The fact we were leading nearly the whole time was a fluke, but we could have stolen one, should have stolen one, and the entire coaching staff found a way to make the absolute worst decisions to stop the clock, allow huge plays and just in general act like they were afraid of winning.

Nobody without a horse in this race watched it and think the Giants are well coached.

Wasnt the common theme last year on this board about how much Tom SHOULDNT be involved in play calling since you know MacAttack is the guy calling the plays.

lol

Wasnt the common theme last year on this board about how much Tom SHOULDNT be involved in play calling since you know MacAttack is the guy calling the plays.

lol

I don't know. I'm not saying Tom should be calling plays, don't be simple, but a head coach of a couple decades should tell his second year OC the worst thing we could do is stop the clock.

and like storm said in the other thread, eli needs to know that he has to take the sack there if no one is open. you can't throw it away

That's the difference between a guy like Eli and a guy like Tom Brady. And we just paid that dude, who continues to make boneheaded, rookie mistakes and plays inconsistently more often than not, 84 million fucking dollars. He simply lacks the cerebral element that other QBs who make similar dollar amounts have. Outside of the Super Bowls, I have never been comfortable with Eli or even Coughlin and company with the game on the line because I KNOW that they will dick around, playing not to lose, and fuck themselves in the end.

and like storm said in the other thread, eli needs to know that he has to take the sack there if no one is open. you can't throw it away

I find it hard to fault a qb for not taking a sack, it would have been better to take the sack, but throwing the ball away is in a qb's genes.

The Giants acted like they didn't know how to protect a lead, something that was evident last season as well.

I don't know, VG, they aren't dealing with too much talent right now. I thought the coaches did ok. There is zero pass rush, that's the big issue.

Any Giants fan worth their salt knew we were losing when we didn't score.

Talent really didn't factor into it. They had the ball on the goalline with just over a minute to play after running the ball up the middle all the way down the field. Like Jim said, you run the ball twice there, if you don't score you make Romo drive 99 yards with :40 to go. I could have lived with that. The defense, other than 2 or 3 lucky plays, was horrible tonight. They were driven on multiple times, just lucky Dallas couldn't put t in until it counted, without maybe the best wr in the league no less.

Shallow roster played a part, but the coaching decisions in crunch time and the PI call on DRC cost us the game. Even with Dallas' bad and boneheaded play.

Talent really didn't factor into it. They had the ball on the goalline with just over a minute to play after running the ball up the middle all the way down the field. Like Jim said, you run the ball twice there, if you don't score you make Romo drive 99 yards with :40 to go. I could have lived with that. The defense, other than 2 or 3 lucky plays, was horrible tonight. They were driven on multiple times, just lucky Dallas couldn't put t in until it counted, without maybe the best wr in the league no less.

Shallow roster played a part, but the coaching decisions in crunch time and the PI call on DRC cost us the game. Even with Dallas' bad and boneheaded play.

Doesn't that speak to talent?

I agree on the final play but that's all on Coughlin. That's a head coach decision based on strategy.

Give me a break with this shit. There is major culpability on the part of McAdoo for this loss because of clock management. They had a 3 point lead and they should've been in clock kill mode... Final drive... They snapped the ball with 11 seconds left, 17 seconds left, 10 seconds left, 5 seconds, then after the personal foul that gave them the first down... There was a defensive penalty at 2:12, on a run play. The clock stopped and both Gorilla and I was wondering why it was not wound when the ball was set. Then the Giants have a first and goal from the 4 and 2nd and goal from the 1 and a half.then with 1:43 on third down from the 1 the Giants throw it with the Cowboys having no timeouts. They could've killed another 1:18 off the clock with proper clock management. Cowboys could've had tbe ball at their own 20 with 16 seconds left and no timeouts and the ONLY FUCKING REASON they didn't was McAdoo. And that's with them kicking the FG which I didn't agree with. Hell or high water... They can't WIN the game unless they go 99 yards in 50 seconds with no timeouts. Could they have gone 60 yards in that time and tied it? Sure... But I'd take my chances.... Besides the fact that they took away their only chance to put the game away and slam it shut by scoring the TD.

the OC is responsible for clock management? In that case, you're right.

Manning fucked up a lot with snapping the ball with several seconds left quite often. A veteran qb should know better, and a veteran hc should make the entire team aware of the situation, that dallas has no time outs left and we need to eat clock.

Bottom line, someone, somewhere, has to know the situation. If the HC isn't calling plays, he isn't throwing/running/catching the ball, he needs to be aware that dallas is out of time outs and make sure everyone knows that more than scoring we can't give the ball back to the offense down 6 with nearly two minutes to go.

Manning fucked up a lot with snapping the ball with several seconds left quite often. A veteran qb should know better, and a veteran hc should make the entire team aware of the situation, that dallas has no time outs left and we need to eat clock.

Perhaps he didn't trust his young line to hold their positions that long. I thought Eli played a very smart game. Patient and mostly accurate- no turnovers.

Perhaps he didn't trust his young line to hold their positions that long. I thought Eli played a very smart game. Patient and mostly accurate- no turnovers.

I agree, which is why I don't fautl him for throwing the ball away, I thought he did great tonight not forcing balls, throwing it away when he had to. I put the blame squarely on Tom's shoulders, more than anything he should have been in charge of clock management. Our final drive was completely mismanaged in terms of clock management.

I'll tell you what really happened. My fiancee came over to me and said she got a text from this guy who is our friend (49er fan) saying tell me he is glad the Giants are beating Dallas. I said "DO NOT TELL ME THIS NOW!" sure enough, the Cabash was in. Not speaking to either of them right now