SportsWrath

What a horribly coached team.

Virginia Giant

I'll tell you what really happened. My fiancee came over to me and said she got a text from this guy who is our friend (49er fan) saying tell me he is glad the Giants are beating Dallas. I said "DO NOT TELL ME THIS NOW!" sure enough, the Cabash was in. Not speaking to either of them right now

Yeah my gf was on the phone, came out on that goalline shit. Asked me how it was going, I honestly told her if the giants score a TD, we win, if we don't, we will lose.

Predictable.

This is part of what I posted in a different thread:

there are really two ways to play that 3 rd down

1 run the ball take more time of the clock

2 roll out look for pass if not there take a sack or knee....

Eli rolled out and the pass was there ( no way was there going to be a completion ) but a defensive holding call was clearly there had the ball been in the vicinity,

which I don't understand because I see Defensive holding calls on WRs away from the ball too.

DRC got a bad call led to Dallas TD

Fells was raped got a no call led to a Dallas TD.

that's 14 points right there.

Carl Banks retweeted Ralph Vacchiano

What was, missed was the fact the Fells was mugged in plain sight the majorty of that play.. surprised ref missed it

Carl Banks added,

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN
Tony Romo on Tom Coughlin's play call on that third down: "It's a good call. It really is." He said Cowboys would've been ready for a run.

Either way, forget even the last call. Snapping the balls with 13-15-17 sec left on the play clock itself was fucking shitty enough. I could not fucking believe my eyes. The rest of it well - I wont look too much into throwing the ball away - its in a QBs DNA and trying to get that holding call and a fresh set of down which would have ended it right there. We should have just rammed it in.....then kicked it and then just send a booming kick - not that squib shit. This was a game which had W engraved in the books. We took a chisel and fucking erased it and welded an L on top of it.

But yeah.....Im glad Spags is back. He took these no-names talentless bunch of apparently dumbshits who were supposed to get torched by Bryant and Romo and made them give a rock solid performance. This is gonna be a D that is on a sharp improvement incline. If only our offense and our coaching brains came out of respective asses.

Defense didn't even touch Romo, if not for the turnovers...things would have been way worse. Too many dropped passes, OBJ needs to stop living off that one stupid catch and start playing ball with both hands too!!

If you can't get TD's you're wasting your time because the defense can't get off the field on 3rd down for shit. that PI call on DRC was complete BS also.

I guess we've officially entered bizarro land.

You guys are all saying how bad the team was and I actually think there were lots of positives to build on. Yeah that playcall was terrible but the Giants D held one of the league's best offenses to mostly field goals (despite the QB having all day to throw), the defense also made big plays, and Eli was only hit once all night. Yeah the running game is still terrible but lets not forget if the refs don't blow the fucking DRC pass interference call the Giants win.

With four very winnable games coming up, I'm actually feeling pretty good about the team's chances.

I guess we've officially entered bizarro land.

You guys are all saying how bad the team was and I actually think there were lots of positives to build on. Yeah that playcall was terrible but the Giants D held one of the league's best offenses to mostly field goals (despite the QB having all day to throw), the defense also made big plays, and Eli was only hit once all night. Yeah the running game is still terrible but lets not forget if the refs don't blow the fucking DRC pass interference call the Giants win.

With four very winnable games coming up, I'm actually feeling pretty good about the team's chances.

Yeah I honestly expected that our secondary was going to be lit on fire(scorched) to the tune of 42 points last night. We build a pass rush and stop those god damn RB flare passes for 20 yards (with a pass rush RB has to stay in and pass Protect). that would also take some pressure off of our Secondary. Then our D is looking pretty good. On the other side of the ball we need to work on creating holes for the running game and get the running game going ( get cruz back) and that will open up our WRs. th OL actually did a pretty good job in Pass protection last night.. I agree we have a lot of positives things to work off of and a couple things to tighten up on and we might be right there.

I am feeling pretty positive about our team going forward. we are slowly building up and gelling. Lets see where we are after week 6.

People here fell down to worship the graven image of Spags... this so fucking sucks...

I am one of those.. and still is. Because the moron we had before was just that... a fucking moron. I saw a defense that played lights out yesterday given a lot of the personnel are very young... a defense that accounted for 17 of our points.... Idk if we went to "prevent defense" late in the game but that part was maddening... I think the bone head non-play was passing on 3rd down near the goal line when we could've taken another 40 seconds off the clock... that's on MacAdoo... and honestly of of us didn't know Romo was going to throw to Witten in the end zone anyway?

I am one of those.. and still is. Because the moron we had before was just that... a fucking moron. I saw a defense that played lights out yesterday given a lot of the personnel are very young... a defense that accounted for 17 of our points.... Idk if we went to "prevent defense" late in the game but that part was maddening... I think the bone head non-play was passing on 3rd down near the goal line when we could've taken another 40 seconds off the clock... that's on MacAdoo... and honestly of of us didn't know Romo was going to throw to Witten in the end zone anyway?

I knew you were a hill billy at heart. LOL

It is really time for Tom to go. Clocl management was as bad as I have seen. Horribly coached.

Yeah, and beautiful time management by Dallas. We handed that game over on a silver platter at the end. Fucking bullshit

I find it hard to fault a qb for not taking a sack, it would have been better to take the sack, but throwing the ball away is in a qb's genes.

The Giants acted like they didn't know how to protect a lead, something that was evident last season as well.

The whole play was a bad idea. The only receiver on that side was Fells, who had two defenders lined up over him. I'm not sure if it was designed for Eli to roll out or if the blocking was just pitiful...I just have a flash of white-hot rage burnt into my mind at that point.

Yeah, and beautiful time management by Dallas. We handed that game over on a silver platter at the end. Fucking bullshit

Eli's time management was horrible. Somebody said it over in the other thread... when the game's on the line, you wait until the clock reads :02 to snap the ball, you don't snap it with 11 second on the clock. Dude left seconds on the clock multiple times on that final drive.

This game came down to a handful of plays.

1. The 3 drops by Parker. One of them I remember being a pretty tough grab. But two of them were outright drops that killed drives. Looking at James Jones in Green Bay is enough to make you question the GM even more than he's already been questioned.

2. The play after Flowers drew the personal foul penalty. Eli snapped the ball with something like 20 seconds left on the play clock. The game clock was running if I'm not mistaken. Theoretically, that's 20 seconds Dallas would not have had at the end of the game.

3. The 3rd and goal from the 1 where for some inexplicable reason, we ran a pass play...knowing fully that Dallas had no timeouts remaining. You run the ball and at a minimum, take another 40 seconds off the clock. If you score on the run, you ice the game. If you don't score, you're still in high probability FG range. Taking 40 seconds off the clock at a minimum, would've taken another 40 seconds off Dallas' game winning drive. With #2 above, you're looking at a full 60 seconds. Hell, on 3rd down, you could've direct snapped it to a RB and let him run around a little bit without getting out of highly makeable FG range and probably shave off another 5 seconds. So Dallas could've had less than 45 seconds or so instead of 1:45.

This was a game that I expected the Giants to lose. That said, the Giants played well enough and took enough advantage of Dallas' miscues to win the game. And in the end, the Giants literally handed the game to the Cowboys through stupid, stupid decisions. The clock management at the end would've erased a miserable outing by Parker.

Agree with all the obvious - should have run on 3rd & 1, Eli can't snap it with 20 seconds left on game clock, two brutal PI calls - one made on us, one not made on them - Parker killed us with drops, we still can't run the ball (going into that last drive, we had about 60 yards on the ground), Romo was never touched, never pressured....and yet, somehow, we almost won the goddamn game.

There's a big diff between a bad call and a horribly coached team. Given how much better Dallas' personnel is than ours, especially the mismatches they enjoyed along both fronts, the coaching was the only reason we were in position to win the game!

BTW, given all the time Romo had, our DBs, especially the corners, played a great game.

Given how many times they dropped 8 in coverage last night, I think you need new material.

On the final drive.

Sure.

Go watch the game again and see how many times Romo checked out of an obvious blitz play after play just to drive the length of the field in under two minutes.

This game came down to a handful of plays.

1. The 3 drops by Parker. One of them I remember being a pretty tough grab. But two of them were outright drops that killed drives. Looking at James Jones in Green Bay is enough to make you question the GM even more than he's already been questioned.

The coaches make the cuts, not the GM. He might have weighed in on Weatherford due to his contract price, but you can't put the final roster decisions on Reese. That's all on Coughlin.

Spags tried to change it up a little but when your DL can't get within shouting distance of the QB and your blitzers don't come close to getting home, there's not a hell of a lot you can do.....except try to keep everything in front of you, make them be patient and hope that the more plays you make them run, eventually, they'll make a mistake and you get a turnover. For a while there, that looked like it just might work. Given the massive mismatch of their OL Vs our DL, if Dallas lost that game, which we know they should have, the scrutiny today would be on the Dallas coaching, instead of the Giants!

Spags tried to change it up a little but when your DL can't get within shouting distance of the QB and your blitzers don't come close to getting home, there's not a hell of a lot you can do.....except try to keep everything in front of you, make them be patient and hope that the more plays you make them run, eventually, they'll make a mistake and you get a turnover. For a while there, that looked like it just might work. Given the massive mismatch of their OL Vs our DL, if Dallas lost that game, which we know they should have, the scrutiny today would be on the Dallas coaching, instead of the Giants!

Plus it would help if the offense could score a TD too. this will be all year long watching the defense getting ran over if this is the case.

The coaches make the cuts, not the GM. He might have weighed in on Weatherford due to his contract price, but you can't put the final roster decisions on Reese. That's all on Coughlin.

That's a fair point. But the GM signs the contracts, no? I'm sure Reese puts a lot of faith in the coaches when it comes to those decisions, but I'm not going to excuse the GM altogether. At the VERY least, Parker just dropped down the depth chart.