SportsWrath

Andrus Peat

Bigblue25

Remember when I told you guys he's a pansy and Jonathan Martin 2.0

The Saints are concerned with first-round OT Andrus Peats conditioning.

"In 15 years of covering the NFL, I've never seen a player struggle as much as Peat did on Friday," reporter Jeff Duncan said. Peat also dealt with conditioning issues at OTAs. Hes been a disappointment in training camp, working mostly with the second team. Zach Strief remains comfortably ahead of Peat. Aug 8 - 7:35 PM

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/08/defensive_substitution_issues.html

Yeah, it's August. He hasn't had one single preseason game, even. You could have this same conversation this time next year and it would still be way too premature to be suggesting he's a bust. We got the pro-ready tackle and I'm happy about that. Doesn't mean Peat, who most considered a bit of a project, isn't going to have a great career.

Yeah, it's August. He hasn't had one single preseason game, even. You could have this same conversation this time next year and it would still be way too premature to be suggesting he's a bust. We got the pro-ready tackle and I'm happy about that. Doesn't mean Peat, who most considered a bit of a project, isn't going to have a great career.

My guess is he quits football by then. Heard the same reports from people at Stanford

My guess is he quits football by then. Heard the same reports from people at Stanford

I highly doubt it unless he suffers some horrendous injury. I also heard reports that his work ethic was no problem at all. Plus, his father was an NFL OT for seven seasons... he knows what to expect.

Personally I think even the suggestion of this is flat out silly in August of his rookie season, and basing it off of draft reports... really?

I highly doubt it unless he suffers some horrendous injury. I also heard reports that his work ethic was no problem at all. Plus, his father was an NFL OT for seven seasons... he knows what to expect.

Personally I think even the suggestion of this is flat out silly in August of his rookie season, and basing it off of draft reports... really?

Well, it's not just draft reports and work ethic is different than being soft. Soft is possibly the worst thing to who can be in the NFL

Peat will have a good NFL career. He is different than Flowers, that's for sure. Both huge and future Pro-Bowlers. Peat is a technician who needs to add upper body strength, Flowers relies on strength and intimidation and needs to learn better technique.

I liked Peat and was somewhat relieved when we took Flowers because ultimately, in the trenches you want mean mother-fuckers that are stronger and meaner than the guy across the line.

I am particularly curious how Scherff will be as I believe he was the apple of the Giants' eye. Glad he was off the board before our turn to pick, taking that call out of the Giants' hands.

Scherff was projected to start out at OG by most analysts/scouts in the beginning of his career, anyway. I think Scherff could still be a great pick as long as he excels at either position.

Again, I'm more than happy with Flowers and after I watched some of his game tapes I came away thinking this guy was going to be a dominant run blocker at bare minimum, and has much better feat than most were giving him credit for.

That said, I believe Peat has phenomenal LT potential, but we'll see if he is able to reach it.