SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread

Mr. P

Chickilo is gone to the Steelers. Must be they were reading my notes the last few weeks. They took both Jesse James and Chickilo. Now my last hope for a sleeper pick is Zach Zenner.

I don't consider Sean Hickey or Durrell Eskridge as "sleepers", but maybe they'll fall in the Giants' lap. That is, if they don't have their eyes on some undraftable safety out of a community college in Montana

From what I found out, CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was injured in last game of the season and shredded his knee (much worse than just a torn ACL). Hence his fall in the draft. Smallish CB with career ending injury.

Bobby Hart OG - FSU 6'5" 329 lbs

OVERVIEW

2014: Third-team All-ACC. Started all 14 games at RT. 2013: Honorable mention All-ACC. Started all 14 games at RT. Blocked for a Heisman Trophy winner in Jameis Winston and helped lead FSU to an ACC championship and BCS national championship. 2012: Played in eight games as a backup guard and member of the field goal kicking team. 2011: Played in 11 games, serving as a reserve in the first two weeks and starting in the final nine games of the season at LT. Replaced injured senior Andrew Datko and maintained his starting role.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 5.67 seconds

Vertical jump: 27 inches

Broad jump: 7 feet, 11 inches

Short shuttle: 5.07 seconds

3-cone: 8.08 seconds

Bench press: 22 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Bubble butt with power in his lower half. Improved from being a neutralizer to run-block winner in 2014. Can reestablish line of scrimmage when asked to maul. Wins in short yardage and near goal line. Gets hand on defender first and can latch on in pass protection. Turned 20 years old in August and body is still developing.

WEAKNESSES Stiff knees and hips limit his bend and leverage. Comes out of his stance too high. Shuffles feet rather than chops in pass pro, causing his base to narrow. Struggles to make his back-side cutoff blocks. Frenetic hands with too much wasted motion. Limited, small-area, guard-only prospect. Lethargic feet after contact.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 6

NFL COMPARISON Ramon Foster

BOTTOM LINE Young, soft-bodied prospect who is best suited to play guard in the NFL. Tape doesn't always treat Hart kindly, but his issues in pass protection as a tackle won't be same issues he faces in the NFL as a guard. While he has physical limitations, Hart is a competitive player who flashes NFL power potential.

G Bobby Hart

OVERVIEW
2014: Third-team All-ACC. Started all 14 games at RT. 2013: Honorable mention All-ACC. Started all 14 games at RT. Blocked for a Heisman Trophy winner in Jameis Winston and helped lead FSU to an ACC championship and BCS national championship. 2012: Played in eight games as a backup guard and member of the field goal kicking team. 2011: Played in 11 games, serving as a reserve in the first two weeks and starting in the final nine games of the season at LT. Replaced injured senior Andrew Datko and maintained his starting role.
PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 5.67 seconds
Vertical jump: 27 inches
Broad jump: 7 feet, 11 inches
Short shuttle: 5.07 seconds
3-cone: 8.08 seconds
Bench press: 22 reps of 225 pounds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Bubble butt with power in his lower half. Improved from being a neutralizer to run-block winner in 2014. Can reestablish line of scrimmage when asked to maul. Wins in short yardage and near goal line. Gets hand on defender first and can latch on in pass protection. Turned 20 years old in August and body is still developing.
WEAKNESSES
Stiff knees and hips limit his bend and leverage. Comes out of his stance too high. Shuffles feet rather than chops in pass pro, causing his base to narrow. Struggles to make his back-side cutoff blocks. Frenetic hands with too much wasted motion. Limited, small-area, guard-only prospect. Lethargic feet after contact.
DRAFT PROJECTION Round 6
NFL COMPARISON Ramon Foster
BOTTOM LINE Young, soft-bodied prospect who is best suited to play guard in the NFL. Tape doesn't always treat Hart kindly, but his issues in pass protection as a tackle won't be same issues he faces in the NFL as a guard. While he has physical limitations, Hart is a competitive player who flashes NFL power potential.

Pick 186

giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants: Geremy Davis, WR, Connecticut: C Grade
Geremy Davis is a borderline draftable prospect, so the Giants could have waited a round to take him off the board. Davis has good size and nice hands, but that's about it. He can't get open, so that may remind New York of a former receiver with similar issues, Ramses Barden.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php#4yWl3AkIIdvugyQH.99

Pick 186

giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants: Geremy Davis, WR, Connecticut: C Grade

Geremy Davis is a borderline draftable prospect, so the Giants could have waited a round to take him off the board. Davis has good size and nice hands, but that's about it. He can't get open, so that may remind New York of a former receiver with similar issues, Ramses Barden.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades6.php#4yWl3AkIIdvugyQH.99

When I see statements like that I'm not so sure.

If we had drafted Gurley I bet a bunch of guys would have said that we could have traded down and picked him later. But the rams ended up drafting him right after us.

Nobody knows.

Lol, I guess I got an FSU guy to root for, although it was the last guy on my list. Thud. Draft goes out with some suckage. I know this is ridiculous, but you look at guys on the board where we took some players, and you have to wonder what these guys are seeing. You got a receiver at UCONN who didn't really have a lot of production and you take him in the 6th? Come on. We need some turnover in the scouting department. I think the scouts weigh real heavy on the later round guys.

When I see statements like that I'm not so sure.

If we had drafted Gurley I bet a bunch of guys would have said that we could have traded down and picked him later. But the rams ended up drafting him right after us.

Nobody knows.

Nobody knows, but a receiver like this with our roster is going to likely end up on the practice squad... And if someone else likes him, oh well, you take a different guy, no big deal. Again guys like this UCONN receiver are a dime a dozen UDFAs.

Nobody knows, but a receiver like this with our roster is going to likely end up on the practice squad... And if someone else likes him, oh well, you take a different guy, no big deal. Again guys like this UCONN receiver are a dime a dozen UDFAs.

Maybe he will be the best receiver we've drafted since Homer Jones.

ehh with these later round guys I'll be happy if one of them ever contributes.

Reading this on another site:

"We can only keep 6 WRs on the 53 man roster. OBJ, Cruz, Randle, and D. Harris are absolutely going to be there. Then they have veterans Parker and Ogletree who have both demonstrated that they can play in the NFL, and prospects Corey Washington and M. Harris, both of whom looked really good last summer. That's 8 WRs for 6 jobs right there.

And then they still have Criner and Harper behind all of these guys, both of whom were good enough to get drafted coming out of college. And finally they still have J. Talley. They needed another WR like a fish needs a bicycle. There is no room for him on what is the deepest position on the roster".

I don't necessarily agree with this guy. I wanted a slot receiver in case Cruz isn't back up to speed. Regardless, this guy Geremey is going to have to look pretty sharp in preseason to break into the group. I hope he does, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it.

I think our lines are pretty well set and our RBs and WRs are pretty well set. My only real concern was the backfield with safeties and corner backs my biggest concern. Surprised they didn't go after a corner somewhere. I would have loved for them to pick up a big ass TE.

It's personal Jim and I don't want to go back to where he went off on the deep end over me. I thought he'd be over it. He apparently isn't. I'll leave it at that.

Jesse James is huge 6'7" 270, and would be the top TE in the draft next year if he hadn't come out early. He's a freak athlete for his size. Fast, strong, pushed up 1 less bench rep than O'Leary who had the most. However O'Leary is 6'3 with shorter arms. James is a great blocker and has great hands. He needs seasoning and could've used one more year in school.

and since I didn't have time to defend myself, I'll just post the thread and everybody can decide for themselves who it was that went off the deep end:

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=41045&hl=%2Bmasty+%2Bhuba

You don't know the history. Pdub trashed him and me last year over my feelings that Kennard was a damn good pick. He thought Kennard was going to be a bust then went after me as if I was a fool for believing in Kennard. It's one of the reasons I left the board for nearly a year. I didn't need the bullshit of some kid following me around criticizing every opinion I had whether politics, songs, cars, or anything football. He became obsessed with me and was very sneaky in making little digs so that only I would know what he was up to. Reminds me of the catty girls in high school. Hell, he used to research everything I said just so he could respond with a criticism even if it made no sense. So I'm sure you don't know our history, but Pdub has contempt for me and for some reason feels the need to disparage me and follows me around like a puppy dog hoping to find a way to throw a dig at me.

So...it may not be obvious to anyone on this board, but the minute I said something positive about Kennard and someone replied with, "don't get ahead of yourself", he shot his wad in his pants and within seconds posted a picture of Lebowski with a specific intention. He couldn't wait to post the pic. And it wasn't intended for you and had absolutely nothing to do with you even though he attached it to a response to you. You must have been confused why he responded to you with that. Anyway, he's got some shit in him for some reason. He knows it, I know it. One of these days I'll run into him in Binghamton and I'll have it out with him. Last time I met up with him in Binghamton, I bought him a beer. But since then, I really don't know what his problem is, but he has issues with me. You just happen to stumble into something you weren't aware of.

Pdub hates two things. Kennard and Me. Pretty much sums it up.

and heres that thread so people can decide for themselves, I never said Kennard would a bust.

and as far as the second part, I guess I better watch my back lololol.

and since I didn't have time to defend myself, I'll just post the thread and everybody can decide for themselves who it was that went off the deep end:

This is the one time I think I've ever seen someone like Bleedin get so hurt and worked up over nothing, outside of talking about Obamarama.

Bleedin, come on man, you know this is just an internet forum.

I still don't understand how anyone can get worked up by something said online.

LMAO - if ever there is proof of a guy following you around with an obsession, is his ability to bring up a thread from a year ago or more.

I wouldn't bring up a thread from yesterday let alone bring back something from moons ago. It's like a woman who remembers when you got home late a year ago and she will never let it go because she's obsessed.

Regardless Pdub. If you still admire the homeless and shit on people like me who worked with the homeless and don't find them funny and admirable, then by all means....bring it back up and make a big deal about it. It obviously hurt your feelings when I didn't share your admiration for a drunk who slept behind trash bins and when his body was found, nobody claimed it....then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I have a big heart for the homeless and never found their situation funny or admirable. I've worked too closely with the families and the homeless themselves to find the humor....and I especially do not understand your admiration of someone who chooses to leave his love ones, swear to never work again, and tell stories so people would buy him drinks.

Let it go

Back on topic though.

When was the last time you heard "bubble butt" being used as a positive for a player?

During the combines, Mayock went on and on about Peat having that big perfect bubble butt. The others asked him, "are you sure you can say that on TV"? and he said, "why not - look at that bubble butt - it's perfect". LMAO

I guess it probably means good strength in the lower region.

Remember Kevin Boothe's butt? He was a solid player, but an awful looking body. I didn't think it was possible to have that big of a butt and it was still flat.