SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread

Mr. P

Jean Sifrin from UMass intrigues me. 11" hands, 6'5" and 245 lbs, so he's slight of build. But ran a respectable 4.87 40 against the wind, 4.77 with the wind. Good 3 Cone. Hasn't played a lot of football, so he could be a diamond in the rough.

Ben Koyack from Notre Dame is still available, too. And he would be a good pick in the 6th. I would take him before Sifrin, obviously. Ben is in the 4.7 range in the 40, thicker guy. Also has big hands at 10 3/4". I like this guy, you know he's going to have NFL tools coming from Notre Dame, and Notre Dame Tight Ends have a good track record in the NFL.

Jean Sifrin from UMass intrigues me. 11" hands, 6'5" and 245 lbs, so he's slight of build. But ran a respectable 4.87 40 against the wind, 4.77 with the wind. Good 3 Cone. Hasn't played a lot of football, so he could be a diamond in the rough.

Ben Koyack from Notre Dame is still available, too. And he would be a good pick in the 6th. I would take him before Sifrin, obviously. Ben is in the 4.7 range in the 40, thicker guy. Also has big hands at 10 3/4". I like this guy, you know he's going to have NFL tools coming from Notre Dame, and Notre Dame Tight Ends have a good track record in the NFL.

Yeah Sifrin was on my list. I like Faysal Shafaat TE UTC

Faysal Shafaat #88 2 time All American 2015 NFL T: http://youtube/sxA3PNajefA

See, I thought he sounded humbled by the whole ordeal. I guess that's just me, though. Humility doesn't preclude one from future mistakes.

Humble???? You didn't hear him say he was hands down the best DE in the draft and when he was walking down the fire escape saying "yeah yeah Superbowl baby"...humble my ass.

I know you love Kennard, Pdub! Me too. :P

Haha its funny, I do like kennard and never actually have said otherwise.

I keep hearing the giants like berhe a lot too. But it seems Reese is better at the undrafted guys than the later rounds.

OL still available, my guy OG Josue Matias from FSU and big OT Tyrus Thompson from Oklahoma, could be good depth, developmental tackle.

There's a few good looking picks left, but my faith in Reese is more than a little shaky now. I would have been happy if he flushed the 5th pick on La'el Collins just in case he is innocent. That's a risk worth taking.

I went to the Texas Longhorn's page and the team lists 3 players that will be drafted: DT Malcom Brown, CB Quandre Diggs, and DE Cedric Reed. They don't even list Mykkele Thompson as draftable.

I love the Giants, I respect the front office and coaches.....but man am I ever scratching my head over that pick. I am trying to convince myself that they know a secret that no one else knows. But you'd think the team he played on for 4 years would have known that secret. The thing that sticks out to me is his teammates telling him he has to get more physical. I am at a complete loss with this one. Maybe they owe somebody in Texas and are doing this as a favor for a friend. Who the hell knows. Maybe he's the next Sean Taylor and spent 4 years playing soft so that he wouldn't be taken ahead of the Giants.

Or CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu would be a great fit for the Giants for obvious reasons.

Haha yeah I mentioned him earlier. Crazy name and it's hyphenated. A 2 for 1. Just typed this on my phone 3 times the coverage in the breakroom here at work is balls.

There's a few good looking picks left, but my faith in Reese is more than a little shaky now. I would have been happy if he flushed the 5th pick on La'el Collins just in case he is innocent. That's a risk worth taking.

I went to the Texas Longhorn's page and the team lists 3 players that will be drafted: DT Malcom Brown, CB Quandre Diggs, and DE Cedric Reed. They don't even list Mykkele Thompson as draftable.

I love the Giants, I respect the front office and coaches.....but man am I ever scratching my head over that pick. I am trying to convince myself that they know a secret that no one else knows. But you'd think the team he played on for 4 years would have known that secret. The thing that sticks out to me is his teammates telling him he has to get more physical. I am at a complete loss with this one. Maybe they owe somebody in Texas and are doing this as a favor for a friend. Who the hell knows. Maybe he's the next Sean Taylor and spent 4 years playing soft so that he wouldn't be taken ahead of the Giants.

The Giants were the only he visited and told he hopes they sign him has a free agent. I'm thinking they meant to take Cedric Thompson FS Minnesota and accidently put Mykkele on the card

I think Vendetta was right about this guy. They saw the 3 blocked punts and got excited about special teams ability. But damn, they probably would've gotten this guy in the 7th round or UDFA, because it sure seems like there was a consensus that he wasn't a draftable player, and a lot of safeties, even free safeties, were still on the board, some with a pretty decent grade.

Watch for Taiwan Jones, ILB from Michigan State. The Giants love their Big 10 linebackers, drafted Greg Jones from MSU a few years ago who didn't pan out. But Taiwan Jones seems like a Giants' kind of pick. Would also fit with the toughness theme of this year's draft. Long arms, 34" on a 6'3" frame, 245 lbs, 10" hands. A lot of TFLs, 2nd Team all Big 10. NFL draft profile says he is "Physically imposing "Hulk smash" linebacker". LOL, I like that.

Top guys (in order) left on the board:

La’el Collins, 6’4 5/8, 308 pounds, OT, LSU

Ellis McCarthy, 6’5, 325 pounds, DT, UCLA

Hayes Pullard, 6'0 1/4, 236 pounds, ILB, Southern California

Kevin White, 5’9 3/8, 180 pounds, CB, TCU

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, 5’10, 185 pounds, CB, Oregon

Josue Matias, 6’6, 325 pounds, G, Florida State

Joey Mbu, 6'2 3/4, 315 pounds, DT, Houston

Gerod Holliman, 6’2, 213 pounds, S, Louisville

Zack Hodges, 6'2 5/8, 242 pounds, OLB, Harvard

Cody Prewitt, 6’2 1/8, 212 pounds, S, Ole Miss