Top Performer

BLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER

• 6'2"HEIGHT
  • 32 1/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 216LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 1/2"HANDS

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Broad-shouldered target who makes himself presentable for the catch. Proficient route runner. Good use of leverage in his routes to create room at top of his routes. Makes heavily contested catches in the middle of the field. Keeps cornerbacks posted up on his hip. Plays with extended catch radius. Not a physical blocker, but walls off and shows flashes of getting after it with defender.
WEAKNESSES
Lost snaps to younger players during 2014 season. Slow receiver lacking necessary timed and play speed for an NFL wide receiver. Doesn't have foot quickness to free himself from press coverage. Tight-hipped with prolonged gear-down into his break. Struggles to separate against quality cover corners who mirror and match him. Leans into routes, giving away his intentions. Won't do much after the catch.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Undrafted
BOTTOM LINE
Davis is a big, reliable target who simply falls well below the NFL standard for functional play speed at the wide receiver position. Maybe he will surprise at his workouts, but the tape doesn't show a player who can get much separation with necessary athleticism. He might not be strong enough to handle it, but additional weight on his frame could make him a candidate for a shot as a move tight end.

the last 2 picks were going undrafted. Jr must be going diamond digging in the septic tank.

According to NFL Scout.com, Geremy Davis was expected to go in the 4th or 5th. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=106656&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR Better than Mykklee (whatever)

make that 6th or 7th....the 4th or 5th was their "high pick"

According to NFL Scout.com, Geremy Davis was expected to go in the 4th or 5th. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=106656&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR Better than Mykklee (whatever)

We could of picked a TE in Nick Boyle instead of mykeel..... whatever his name is...... and then not have to pick a project TE. We wasted 2 picks on projects

Re-posting because my previous post is a mess:

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Broad-shouldered target who makes himself presentable for the catch. Proficient route runner. Good use of leverage in his routes to create room at top of his routes. Makes heavily contested catches in the middle of the field. Keeps cornerbacks posted up on his hip. Plays with extended catch radius. Not a physical blocker, but walls off and shows flashes of getting after it with defender. WEAKNESSES Lost snaps to younger players during 2014 season. Slow receiver lacking necessary timed and play speed for an NFL wide receiver. Doesn't have foot quickness to free himself from press coverage. Tight-hipped with prolonged gear-down into his break. Struggles to separate against quality cover corners who mirror and match him. Leans into routes, giving away his intentions. Won't do much after the catch. DRAFT PROJECTION Undrafted BOTTOM LINE Davis is a big, reliable target who simply falls well below the NFL standard for functional play speed at the wide receiver position. Maybe he will surprise at his workouts, but the tape doesn't show a player who can get much separation with necessary athleticism. He might not be strong enough to handle it, but additional weight on his frame could make him a candidate for a shot as a move tight end.

Let me just say this.... guys like Davis and Thompson are dime-a-dozen UDFA's. You can get 5 Davis' if you want in the UDFA period. Of course, I could be way off, but this is a huge head scratcher, when you have the guys on the board that are there. I saw zero positional value on the board at WR for the Giants with this pick. Matias would give them a OG that could start in the NFL pretty early.

Or Ben Koyack, a pretty polished TE that would really compete and push Donnell. Just don't get this, man.

WR GEREMY DAVIS CONNECTICUT AAC
2552654.jpg
fb-like.png
share-button.png
View Prospects By Name By Position By College By Grade
COMBINE RESULTS GRADE 4.82?
  • 23 REPS Top Performer
  • 36.5 INCH
  • 124.0 INCH
  • 6.86 SEC
  • 4.18 SEC
  • 11.28 SEC Top Performer
BLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER
  • 6'2"HEIGHT
  • 32 1/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 216LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 1/2"HANDS
ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Broad-shouldered target who makes himself presentable for the catch. Proficient route runner. Good use of leverage in his routes to create room at top of his routes. Makes heavily contested catches in the middle of the field. Keeps cornerbacks posted up on his hip. Plays with extended catch radius. Not a physical blocker, but walls off and shows flashes of getting after it with defender. WEAKNESSES Lost snaps to younger players during 2014 season. Slow receiver lacking necessary timed and play speed for an NFL wide receiver. Doesn't have foot quickness to free himself from press coverage. Tight-hipped with prolonged gear-down into his break. Struggles to separate against quality cover corners who mirror and match him. Leans into routes, giving away his intentions. Won't do much after the catch. DRAFT PROJECTION Undrafted BOTTOM LINE Davis is a big, reliable target who simply falls well below the NFL standard for functional play speed at the wide receiver position. Maybe he will surprise at his workouts, but the tape doesn't show a player who can get much separation with necessary athleticism. He might not be strong enough to handle it, but additional weight on his frame could make him a candidate for a shot as a move tight end.

BOTTOM LINE

Davis is a big, reliable target who simply falls well below the NFL standard for functional play speed at the wide receiver position. Maybe he will surprise at his workouts, but the tape doesn't show a player who can get much separation with necessary athleticism. He might not be strong enough to handle it, but additional weight on his frame could make him a candidate for a shot as a move tight end.

I don't think I have the desire to stick around until the 7th. So many options that they just don't seem to care about: Sean Hickey, Durrell Eskridge, Zack Zenner, Anthony Chickilio, the list is endless. I have no idea what they are thinking. Nick O'Leary is short for a TE, but at least he can block and catch out of the slot.

I just don't get it.

I don't think I have the desire to stick around until the 7th. So many options that they just don't seem to care about: Sean Hickey, Durrell Eskridge, Zack Zenner, Anthony Chickilio, the list is endless. I have no idea what they are thinking. Nick O'Leary is short for a TE, but at least he can block and catch out of the slot.

I just don't get it.

I dont get it either Hell if you want to reach go Crockett at RB

I found this so maybe there's more here than I thought. Truth is, I know nothing about the guy and have never heard his name. Anyway, here's what is said:

"Led the Huskies in receiving the last three seasons, serving as senior captain in 2014. Most productive receiver in school history"

Maybe he was stuck on a really bad team and it had something to do with his own play. I guess the QB was really bad, yet Davis had "Zero drops"...must have good hands.

Here's a link to a little rosier summary of him: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/connecticut-wide-receiver-geremy-davis-runs-4-47-at-pro-day/

Yeah JR is taken a stretch for these "prospect" guys.

They might turn into something but they also are probably just gonna fall out into the practice squad.

I thought there was more value sitting there, a WR like the one the Redskins took a pick after is ready to come in and play the slot.

Why go for a guy who is just going to be Travis Bechham 2.0?

He would need to add significant weight to play TE. I would think around 20 lbs, minimum, and he'd still be an undersized TE who would only be a slot TE or outside receiver.

but additional weight on his frame could make him a candidate for a shot as a move tight end.

what is a move TE? just a decoy?

Nick O'Leary just went to the Bills. Saying that he's small for a TE and might end up being a FB who can go out and catch a ball now and then. That's actually a smart idea because he is known as a good blocker.

Yeah JR is taken a stretch for these "prospect" guys.

They might turn into something but they also are probably just gonna fall out into the practice squad.

I thought there was more value sitting there, a WR like the one the Redskins took a pick after is ready to come in and play the slot.

Why go for a guy who is just going to be Travis Bechham 2.0?

As far as I'm concerned after Round 3 this draft is pretty much over.....I think Reese got 3 guys who address huge needs (run blocking, safety, and pass rush), and all 3 can play right away (especially since we finally have a DC with the courage to give rookies a shot).

As far as I'm concerned after Round 3 this draft is pretty much over.....I think Reese got 3 guys who address huge needs (run blocking, safety, and pass rush), and all 3 can play right away (especially since we finally have a DC with the courage to give rookies a shot).

I agree that the later rounds are generally for players who wont even make the team but why not go for players who atleast are ready to contribute?

You draft guys like Bradshaw in the 7th, not project players who might become football players one day.

I am conflicted. It's a weird feeling. I was so elated after the first 3 rounds, I had a very difficult time sleeping. Now, I'm so deflated from today's picks that I probably can't sleep.

To be honest, I absolutely had my heart set on Jesse James. He was the only player not expected to go in the first 3 rounds that I simply wanted. I watched every move of his during the combine and he matched Maxx Williams catch for catch, cut for cut....only a lot bigger. In the bench press, he had 9 more reps that Maxx Williams. In my mind, he was the "sleeper in the draft" and a future Gronk-style TE. It sickens me that we could have had him, but instead chose a guy whose own team said he wasn't going to be drafted.

I have two more players that really, really intrigue me as sleepers. Anthony Chickilo and Zach Zenner. But I don't feel like watching anymore of the draft just to find out we drafted Brancardo Yeaztles from East Bugfuck, Alaska.

There goes another sleeper off the board to the Patriots of all teams. I had mentioned him in an earlier post as a potential steal towards the end of the draft.

Darren Waller - WR (Georgia Tech) 6’6”, 238 with a 4.46-second 40 and a 37-inch vertical jump - good hands, high character, productive WR on a mediocre team.

How many 6'6" guys have you ever seen that runs a 4.46?

I am conflicted. It's a weird feeling. I was so elated after the first 3 rounds, I had a very difficult time sleeping. Now, I'm so deflated from today's picks that I probably can't sleep.

To be honest, I absolutely had my heart set on Jesse James. He was the only player not expected to go in the first 3 rounds that I simply wanted. I watched every move of his during the combine and he matched Maxx Williams catch for catch, cut for cut....only a lot bigger. In the bench press, he had 9 more reps that Maxx Williams. In my mind, he was the "sleeper in the draft" and a future Gronk-style TE. It sickens me that we could have had him, but instead chose a guy whose own team said he wasn't going to be drafted.

I have two more players that really, really intrigue me as sleepers. Anthony Chickilo and Zach Zenner. But I don't feel like watching anymore of the draft just to find out we drafted Brancardo Yeaztles from East Bugfuck, Alaska.

PF-deflation_1116125c.jpeg