SportsWrath

Giants Sign RT Marshall Newhouse

Mr. P

Marshall Newhouse was solid for the Packers. He's started 36 games since 2010, 13 when the Pack went 15-1 in 2011, 16 the following year. Getting an experienced player who can come in and start for you with minimal drop off. Experience protecting Rodgers blind side, he was a left tackle in GB.

Depth signing, and new blood needed on the already anemic O-line.

Cheap to boot.

Experience with McAdoo too...reading he won't push Pugh inside or anything like that. Read that he's received negative PFF grades every year he's played, for whatever that's worth. He has the size of a guard, despite not playing that position...so there's that to consider too.

That said, experience and depth seem to be the attractive attributes.

Marshall Newhouse was solid for the Packers. He's started 36 games since 2010, 13 when the Pack went 15-1 in 2011, 16 the following year. Getting an experienced player who can come in and start for you with minimal drop off. Experience protecting Rodgers blind side, he was a left tackle in GB.

He looks to be a decent backup, and since we're short on decent starters, I guess that's a step up. Tough to imagine him being worse than James Brewer.

He looks to be a decent backup, and since we're short on decent starters, I guess that's a step up. Tough to imagine him being worse than James Brewer.

Yeah he's not going to come in and compete for a starting spot, but when one of our lineman go down, he can fill in for a couple weeks. Back in his packers days I remember him as a pretty solid starter...I have to admit, I watch a lot of packers games