SportsWrath

Giants v. Antiques Road Show Game Thread

JMFP

Lol, I'm only watching to see if the Giants will be bad enough to get Fewell fired and a top 5 pick. Also would like to see how good Beckham is going to be and also Corey Washington.

Beckham looks like the real deal. I love the way he goes up for and fights for the ball. And the run after the catch is impressive. There's no reason Eli should be targeting anyone else other than Beckham and Donnell and Daniel Fells in the red zone. No one else has proven they can make a play on the ball. Corey Washington should get more playing time, as well.

Beckham looks like the real deal. I love the way he goes up for and fights for the ball. And the run after the catch is impressive. There's no reason Eli should be targeting anyone else other than Beckham and Donnell and Daniel Fells in the red zone. No one else has proven they can make a play on the ball. Corey Washington should get more playing time, as well.

Ruben Randle needs to be gone next year.

That entire draft totally fucking sucked. Way to whiff, Reese.

Lol, I'm only watching to see if the Giants will be bad enough to get Fewell fired and a top 5 pick. Also would like to see how good Beckham is going to be and also Corey Washington.

- Fire Fewel

- Hire Rex

- Top 5 Pick better be a big lineman... but I think the Giants will have a few "pride" wins so they can fuck up the draft positioning again. but I'll take 2 out of 3.

Fewell did exactly what you guys were crying about for the last two weeks. This game isn't on him.

I noticed that too (at least in the short amount I watched the game).

Lots of blitzes, and hits on Luck. And look at that... they still hung 40 on us.

yeah, can't fault Fewell at all, he had a good game plan. DRC and Prince didn't come down with their chances at INTs, the Colts put the ball on the ground and the Giants didn't fall on it... the players had their chances to capitalize and just didn't come through.

If the offense was merely average and the D came through with just one turnover, that would have been a different game... maybe not a win, the Colts have a damn good team, but it would have been close.

Lots of blitzes, and hits on Luck. And look at that... they still hung 40 on us.

Four punts to open the game, and Bowman and Hosley were our corners by halftime. I think I could pass for 300+ on Hosley.

Yeah, I'd say constant three and outs, inability to move the ball and change field position, score, and turnovers were the culprit. 40-10 in the 4th quarter.

yeah, can't fault Fewell at all, he had a good game plan. DRC and Prince didn't come down with their chances at INTs, the Colts put the ball on the ground and the Giants didn't fall on it... the players had their chances to capitalize and just didn't come through.

If the offense was merely average and the D came through with just one turnover, that would have been a different game... maybe not a win, the Colts have a damn good team, but it would have been close.

Rolle had one that hit him in the fingers, too.

Yeah, I'd say constant three and outs, inability to move the ball and change field position, score, and turnovers were the culprit. 40-10 in the 4th quarter.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Fewell game plan. Way better to have them hang 40 on us and have some bruises the next day than 40 and a clean jersey. Who knows, maybe you get lucky and knock the QB out of the game (although with the Giants, the backup usually comes in and looks like Johnny Unitas).

If they're going to score anyway, and these days thats a given, then the best defensive philosophy is to be as aggressive as possible - either you'll succeed in interrupting the drive or you'll give up a quick score. And better a quick score than giving up a TD after a 15 play drive, because that wears out your defense and prevents them from being effective later in the game.

Well hell, when you don't have a secondary to speak of, and you're up against the best passing team in the league (or damn near), what options do you have but to blitz? I'd be shocked if those defensive calls would've come had we had a healthy secondary.

It's going to get worse with Prince gone.

If we lose the next 3 against Seattle, San Francisco, and Dallas - that puts us at what, 3-8? That eliminates us from the playoffs and I'm all for preparing for next year. No need to play for moral victory.

Well hell, when you don't have a secondary to speak of, and you're up against the best passing team in the league (or damn near), what options do you have but to blitz? I'd be shocked if those defensive calls would've come had we had a healthy secondary.

true.... but in my opinion you need to attack the quarterback regardless of the health of the secondary. Most of the time, Fewell seems content to play a base defense almost all game.

It's going to get worse with Prince gone.

If we lose the next 3 against Seattle, San Francisco, and Dallas - that puts us at what, 3-8? That eliminates us from the playoffs and I'm all for preparing for next year. No need to play for moral victory.

Prince has developed into a very underrated cover corner. I'm not throwing in the towel, but man, its hard to see this team going anywhere without three of the top five corners on the roster.

I think the games against San Francisco and Dallas are very winnable though. Fan speaking, but I think we're looking at 5-6 with a chance to win out. Early exit from the playoffs, yeah baby!

Fewell did exactly what you guys were crying about for the last two weeks. This game isn't on him.

Agreed.. but the defense's performance althought now shown on the scoreboard was better than before.. and have we been doing this kind of shit (although I felt he was overdoing it at times), our players might've been better at executing it... the 3 TDs were just bizzarre... the first our D wasn't ready and Tom didn't call a TO or throw the flag fast enough.. how embarrassing was it to have the flag "stuck" in your sock? The would be INT TD they got was equally embarrassing... DRC has the upper body strength of a 15 yo.

And yeah, wtf, Tom Coughlin made himself look like it was time to retire on that slow challenge flag. Move it fuckin old man!

It was the knee high tube socks these old guys are fond of...he tucks his shirt and the challenge flag into them, I'd wager.

I see coaches going for their socks for the flag all the time, how fucking hard is it to put the thing in your jacket pocket? Are they afraid it's just going to pop out and they'll be on the hook challenging a play they didn't want to or something?

It was the knee high tube socks these old guys are fond of...he tucks his shirt and the challenge flag into them, I'd wager.

I see coaches going for their socks for the flag all the time, how fucking hard is it to put the thing in your jacket pocket? Are they afraid it's just going to pop out and they'll be on the hook challenging a play they didn't want to or something?

But they always let those guys off the hook when the flag gets dropped on a play they didn't mean to challenge. I think I've seen a flag for that once ever.