SportsWrath

What will be the "run" this draft?

BleedinBlue

Every year a certain position goes on a run. Sometimes its OT's, sometimes it's DT's, QB's, WR's, etc.

For whatever reason, once the second best of a position gets picked, other teams panic and grab the 3rd, 4th, and sometimes 5th next best. It's how we ended up pissing our first round draft away by panicking and then picking one waste of space William Joseph after the top 4 DT's had already been taken off the board. Big, strong - questionable work ethic. Man oh man was his work ethic questionable....hell, it was non-existent.

Anyway, I suspect 5 WR's to go off the board in round one and that will be the run. Could be QB's because so many teams need one, but I'm going to say the surprise this year will be the diving in and grabbing WR's while leaving better players on the board.

O-line more then likely.

It has been the most solid and has had the most depth in the last number of drafts.

Maybe not in the first round but I can see a shit storm happening in the second round trying to pick up all the top rated guards and tackles who didnt make the first round cut.

i don't know anything about the corners in this draft but unless they are awful i would expect a run there too at some point. looking at what corners got in last year's FA compared to this year's FA shows that that market underwent a huge correction and people are properly valuing them now

I don't think they'll be a run... Yea there maybe 4 OTs taken in the first half in the first round but that's because they're that good

I think the reason there are runs is because teams think they can get a need pick type guy in the second round, but when they discover other teams are grabbing them up, they go ahead and take a 2nd round guy in the first.

I'll never forget the 2003 draft when the whole world knew we needed a DT and there were 3 or 4 first round guys and by the time the Giants drafted (25th overall I think) we grabbed Joseph who was clearly 2nd or 3rd round material, but we had a "need"....duhh. I remember being soooooo happy that day....then sooooooooo, soooooooo much more disappointed when he suited up.

That's why smart teams go with "BPA". It's just really nice when the BPA is also a need.

The DB run is real.

Yup...that's what I was thinking

There's some really good players on the board for tomorrow. I imagine they'll be plucking off the second tier WR's all through the 2nd round.

Surprised that Marqise Lee didn't go today....of course, Seattle hasn't picked yet so maybe he'll be gone. As for me - it's bedtime for bonzo

yep it's all about db's these days, i really wish we had gone after them last season instead of this past offseason when the market was WAY lower but better late than never