SportsWrath

NFL Draft Game?

NeMesiS

I've been trying to implement a Draft game for the last 3 years. Its fairly easy... Basically, You create a mock draft. (First Round Only... it doesn't have to be all 32 pick. we can play 1-16 or whatever). You get 15 points for ever correct selection you predict. And you subtract 1 point for every spot a player is selected from your original prediction.

meaning - If you select Clowning 1 overall, and is the first player selected in the first round... Than you get 15 points. However, if you Predict Clowning to go 1st overall, and he gets selected 3rd overall. Than you get 13 points...

Trades do not matter... If a team trades out of a spot, and you predicted a player because of team needs. Than too bad... Points will still have to subtracted for how far a player falls.

Anyone interested?

I'd give it a go...

...but by your scoring format above...you either get a 15 for selecting Clowney as #1 and him actually going #1 or you get a -2 for selecting Clowney as #3 and him actually going #1

...you don't get a 13.

Yep, Jim has been doing this for the past few years. It should definitely be all 32 picks.

Hey that's not fair :angry:

Nem,

It sure sounds like fun... I'm going to have to read every post from BB25, Jim, and Fish and will piggie back off them anyway... and I will win :flex: (<~~ Rick can you find a camel emoticon instead. Thanks)

I'd give it a go...

...but by your scoring format above...you either get a 15 for selecting Clowney as #1 and him actually going #1 or you get a -2 for selecting Clowney as #3 and him actually going #1

...you don't get a 13.

Let's say you picked clowny to go 6th overall and he goes 2nd... You would get 11 points for being 4 spots off..

Let's say you picked clowny to go 6th overall and he goes 2nd... You would get 11 points for being 4 spots off..

So you get 15 points for EVERY pick, discounted by how far off they are. I got it, but it was different from what you posted originally.

I'm still game.

So you get 15 points for EVERY pick, discounted by how far off they are. I got it, but it was different from what you posted originally.

I'm still game.

Soooo... what are your choices? :whistling:

Soooo... what are your choices? :whistling:

Talking about a mock...that takes time that I can't devote this morning. The wife is out of town all weekend...will likely formulate something over the weekend...but then again, I might push it off into mid-April after depth moves are complete.

I think if this game thing is going to run, there should be an opening and closing for mock submission...that way guys aren't submitting and revising, submitting and revising.

Talking about a mock...that takes time that I can't devote this morning. The wife is out of town all weekend...will likely formulate something over the weekend...but then again, I might push it off into mid-April after depth moves are complete.

I think if this game thing is going to run, there should be an opening and closing for mock submission...that way guys aren't submitting and revising, submitting and revising.

Yeah....we have several weeks left before the draft and free agency will change things every week so people will be constantly changing their picks. I would say, that mock submissions should be closed 24 hours before the draft.

Yeah....we have several weeks left before the draft and free agency will change things every week so people will be constantly changing their picks. I would say, that mock submissions should be closed 24 hours before the draft.

And opened about 2 weeks before that.

Hey Nem, been doing this for a couple of years. http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=46167&hl=%20mock%20%20draft

Check it out... Here's how we've previously done the scoring -

3 points for getting the pick at the correct spot in the draft order.
3 points for getting the pick to the actual team that drafted him.
2 points each for players correctly mocked in the first round.
Therefore, if you pick a player to the correct team at their draft position, you get 8 points. But you'd still get 3 points if the team traded back and still took said player, or 3 points if the team that traded up to that spot still took said player, plus an additional 2 points for picking a first rounder in both cases. Obviously, if you don't pick the correct spot or team for the player, but the player is still a first round pick, you still get 2 points. Last year, bigblue25 was the champion, year one, it was pdouble.

Hey Nem, been doing this for a couple of years. http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=46167&hl=%20mock%20%20draft

Therefore, if you pick a player to the correct team at their draft position, you get 8 points. But you'd still get 3 points if the team traded back and still took said player, or 3 points if the team that traded up to that spot still took said player, plus an additional 2 points for picking a first rounder in both cases. Obviously, if you don't pick the correct spot or team for the player, but the player is still a first round pick, you still get 2 points. Last year, bigblue25 was the champion, year one, it was pdouble.

That's one game I'm going to lose :flex:

Sorry Jim, I didn't know.

No need to apologize. You can do yours as well. I do like a sliding scale for awarding points for how close your player is to the pick you draft him in. But if I were to incorporate that, you'd have to get within about 3, maybe 5 spots to get any points. Would be a pain in the ass to score (and it already is). It's simple, just time consuming.