SportsWrath

Post free agency draft

Bigblue25

Now that were done with free agency, besides getting depth and filling the roster. Time for mocks

1.Eric Ebron TE UNC

Measurable's: 6'5 250lbs 33 1/4" Arms

NFL Comparison:Vernon Davis TE 49ers

Strengths:Extremely athletic. Quick release. Good hands to pluck the ball out of the air on the run. Can fly up the seam. Ability to beat zone and is a matchup nightmare for LB's. Great vertical leap to get the ball at it's highest point. Very physical has a blocker when asked to do so. Still raw with a high ceiling

Weaknesses:Underdeveloped has a blocker, cause wasn't asked to do it often. Has some concentration drops. Not many TD's(8) also underutilized in the red zone.

2.David Yankey OG Stanford

Measurable's:6'5 315lbs 34" Arms

NFL Comparison: Shawn Lauvao OG Redskins

Strengths:Versatle, has played LT,LG, RG and RT. Adapt at pulling around the edge and can easily get to the second level. good footwork. Great lateral agility and awareness. Strong work ethic.

Weaknesses:Can overextended at times. Lowers his head in pass protection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2Zw-CbBho

3.Paul Richardson WR Colorado

Measurable's: 6'1 175lbs 32 5/8" Arms

4.40 forty 38.0" Vertical

NFL Comparision: DeSean Jackson

Strengths: Great vertical threat. Dangerous with the ball in his hands. Adapt at coming back to the ball and helping out his qb. Dominated despite being on a bad team, where he seen the bulk of coverage. Solid hands. Added value has a returner. Physical despite size. Only 21, still raw.

Weaknesses:Very lean. Some injury history, missed all of 2012 with an ACL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnlKFbW7fZw

4.James Gayle DE Va Tech

Measurables: 6'4 260lbs 32 3/8" arms

4.70 forty 1.60 10 yd split

NFL Comparison:Jason Worilds OLB Steelers

Strengths:Disruptive hands. Powerful bull rusher. Good Flexibility. Speed to turn the edge. Can drop back at SLB.

Weaknesses:Numbers dropped off from year to year. One dimensional. Still developing pass rush moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BY2TX9clKU

5.Bryan Stork C FSU

Measurable's: 6'4 315 lbs 32 1/4" Arms 10 1/8" Hands

NFL Comparison:Travis Frederick Cowboys

Strengths:Good anchor in pass protection. Lunch pail type. Strong at the point of attack. Has played well against top competition. Has played OG and C. Takes good angles and sustains blocks to drive players to the ground. Good football intelligence

Weaknesses:Short arms. Not highly athletic

6.Jay Bromley DT Syracuse

6'3 306 lbs

5.06 Forty

NFL Comparison: Arthur Jones DT/DE Colts

Strengths:13.5 tfl and 9 sacks. Good first step quickness. Can disrupt the pocket. Quiet leader.

Weaknesses: Lack of physicality. Under performed until last year.

I do think the Giants will take the guys you have listed as 1 and 2... the guy in Rd 3 looks good too. I just hope that if a player falls off because he has "character issues", we'd take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th... kindda like we did with Bradshaw.

Ebron......."Extremely athletic".

Knowing our GM, its a done deal. Hope he can block.

Thanks for the mock....good stuff. Would LOVE to get Yankey in the 2nd. But really hope they go OLine in both rounds 1 and 2. They have enough offensive weapons, and not enough thumpers on the line right now.

I'd like to see them go for Taylor Lewan.....and based on the breaking news, his draft stock might take a hit.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/03/records_u-m_football_star_tayl.html

Ebron......."Extremely athletic".

Knowing our GM, its a done deal. Hope he can block.

Thanks for the mock....good stuff. Would LOVE to get Yankey in the 2nd. But really hope they go OLine in both rounds 1 and 2. They have enough offensive weapons, and not enough thumpers on the line right now.

I'd like to see them go for Taylor Lewan.....and based on the breaking news, his draft stock might take a hit.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/03/records_u-m_football_star_tayl.html

After the Giants signed Schwartz, I'm a little more at ease when it comes to the Oline... Not having a healthy #1WR will hurt and getting this TE pretty much erases that.

Given FA so far, if we don't get Ebron in the first, we may not have a starting TE. I hate taking TEs in the first round...but if he pulls coverage inside off the WRs, I guess I won't be too miserable about it.

Yankey in the 2nd would be fantastic...I'd strongly consider trading up in the 2nd to assure our landing him. I've seen him pushing the top of the 2nd round. If this means trading down in the 1st, still landing a Mike Evans, grabbing an extra 2nd rounder, to use to trade up in the 2nd to get Yankey...I'd be stoked, even if it left us without a TE.

DE/DT in the 3rd round.

There are still holes on this team and I don't think we're done in FA just yet because the Giants go into the draft EVERY year with as much flexibility as they can and really, they don't have much given the holes at WR and DL.

Thanks to so many holes on this team, id be happy with Ebron, Evans or any olineman or a lb iff there is one worth the pick that high. Hell even a dlineman if clowny falls.

I'm hoping for Evans though. I think we have good depth at wr but nobody like nicks or plax who can take over a game.

Would be nice to have a te that can go up the seam like Shockey.

I don't want Ebron and I notice just about every mock has us taking him no.1. He's 6'4, fast, and not really a blocker. Sounds exactly like the last couple of times we took a "smaller, faster, more athletic TE that doesn't block". Tired of undersized, fast TE's......can anyone remember Travis Beckum (fast, athletic, undersized, doesn't block)?

I want a prototypical T.E. who knocks LB's on their asses - 6'6" / 265-275lbs who can block and bowl people over and catch the ball.

I would much prefer Troy Niklas out of Notre Dame over Ebron and he can be had in the 2nd round allowing us to grab a really great offensive lineman or wide receiver with our first.

Niklas is 6'6" 269 lbs and is a workhorse who has great hands, is super smart (football smart), and is the best TE for blocking in the draft.

I don't want Ebron and I notice just about every mock has us taking him no.1. He's 6'4, fast, and not really a blocker. Sounds exactly like the last couple of times we took a "smaller, faster, more athletic TE that doesn't block". Tired of undersized, fast TE's......can anyone remember Travis Beckum (fast, athletic, undersized, doesn't block)?

I want a prototypical T.E. who knocks LB's on their asses - 6'6" / 265-275lbs who can block and bowl people over and catch the ball.

I would much prefer Troy Niklas out of Notre Dame over Ebron and he can be had in the 2nd round allowing us to grab a really great offensive lineman or wide receiver with our first.

Niklas is 6'6" 269 lbs and is a workhorse who has great hands, is super smart (football smart), and is the best TE for blocking in the draft.

I like Niklas and Fiedorowicz from Iowa. I want a receiving TE that's a game changer, a Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis type. We have a blocking TE in Robinson and in the past we've had big lumbering TE's like Ballard. I don't want a 20 reception a year type of TE. We have a new offensive system in place that will utilize the TE more. Ebron can block, was just not asked to do so.

I like Niklas and Fiedorowicz from Iowa. I want a receiving TE that's a game changer, a Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis type. We have a blocking TE in Robinson and in the past we've had big lumbering TE's like Ballard. I don't want a 20 reception a year type of TE. We have a new offensive system in place that will utilize the TE more. Ebron can block, was just not asked to do so.

Ebron would be picked up and thrown to the side if he tried to block. He needs to add 20-30 of muscle if he's going to block. What he is, is a slow WR. While other 6'4" WR's are running 4.35's and 4.40's, Ebron is running 4.60.....hence, he's a tight end instead of WR.

I am not convinced he's a complete NFL Tight End. College allows a lot of different positions to be played by people of all sizes, but an NFL TE needs to be a bull who can block, and good hands to catch the ball. We already have Cruz and Jernigan that can run the slot.

I could be wrong. Perhaps the new style TE in the NFL is smaller and relied on mostly to catch short passes. I like the big boys knocking linebackers on their asses. Don't want to try out another Travis Beckum type. Especially with a first round pick. This is the best picking order we've had in ten years - don't want to blow it on a lighter, smaller TE.

Ebron would be picked up and thrown to the side if he tried to block. He needs to add 20-30 of muscle if he's going to block. What he is, is a slow WR. While other 6'4" WR's are running 4.35's and 4.40's, Ebron is running 4.60.....hence, he's a tight end instead of WR.

I am not convinced he's a complete NFL Tight End. College allows a lot of different positions to be played by people of all sizes, but an NFL TE needs to be a bull who can block, and good hands to catch the ball. We already have Cruz and Jernigan that can run the slot.

I could be wrong. Perhaps the new style TE in the NFL is smaller and relied on mostly to catch short passes. I like the big boys knocking linebackers on their asses. Don't want to try out another Travis Beckum type. Especially with a first round pick. This is the best picking order we've had in ten years - don't want to blow it on a lighter, smaller TE.

He's a much better prospect then Beckham. Beckham was a H-Back coming out of Wisconsin, Ebron is ten times more athletic. What 6'4 6'5 WR's are running in the 4.3 and 4.4's?

Hardest part to figure out this offseason is what McAdoo wants to do on offense and how these pieces fit. I really don't see the Giants going with a pick for the offensive line in the first round even though I think we need it because they want some return on Beatty before they replace him. We will spend 2014 watching Beatty back at LT provided he is ready by training camp.

Ebron could be our first pick and while not the complete player that we would expect, could still be a game changer for us this season. Who knows how much blocking Ebron will have to do in McAdoo's offensive scheme. If we take Ebron at 12, he could be Eli's biggest target other than Cruz this season.

He's a much better prospect then Beckham. Beckham was a H-Back coming out of Wisconsin, Ebron is ten times more athletic. What 6'4 6'5 WR's are running in the 4.3 and 4.4's?

Martavis Bryant 6'4" ran 4.42 at the combines. 6'4" L'Damian Washington ran 4.46

Mike Evans 6'5" was a little slower at 4.53

Ebron 6'4" ran a 4.60

All I'm saying is that he's basically a 3rd or 4th WR playing slot in a multi-receiver set since he doesn't block. And like I said, maybe that's the way the NFL is going these days. I like a guy who bowls people over when he catches the ball. We already have Cruz and Jernigan running the slot route. And they aren't expected to be able to block and help protect the QB.

Martavis Bryant 6'4" ran 4.42 at the combines. 6'4" L'Damian Washington ran 4.46

Mike Evans 6'5" was a little slower at 4.53

Ebron 6'4" ran a 4.60

All I'm saying is that he's basically a 3rd or 4th WR playing slot in a multi-receiver set since he doesn't block. And like I said, maybe that's the way the NFL is going these days. I like a guy who bowls people over when he catches the ball. We already have Cruz and Jernigan running the slot route. And they aren't expected to be able to block and help protect the QB.

Ebron doesn't have to block either. Your saying you want a RT who goes out for a pass every once in a while. It seems like McAdoo wants to take the lid off defenses. I welcome it, not a slow plodding offense like we've seen for years.

Ebron doesn't have to block either. Your saying you want a RT who goes out for a pass every once in a while. It seems like McAdoo wants to take the lid off defenses. I welcome it, not a slow plodding defense like we've seen for years.

Those kinds of tight ends are dead now anyway. Most of the top offenses have a jimmy grahm, tony Gonzalez, Jason Whitten, etc. They can be taught to hold their own blocking but their job is to create mismatches for linebackers and safeties.

Those kinds of tight ends are dead now anyway. Most of the top offenses have a jimmy grahm, tony Gonzalez, Jason Whitten, etc. They can be taught to hold their own blocking but their job is to create mismatches for linebackers and safeties.

Exactly I don't miss Jake Ballard and it's more then speed, it's creating a mismatch on a LB dropping into zone and route running.. Ebron will be a very good safety valve too. There's still some big lughead TE's like Gronk.

Shockey wasn't a good blocker at first either. But he became a pretty damn good blocker.

heres a quote from a scouting report on shockey:

He is not a strong blocker, as he lacks the strength to be really good at it. If he were to add some more strength and get more coaching, he could improve.

Shockey wasn't a good blocker at first either. But he became a pretty damn good blocker.

heres a quote from a scouting report on shockey:

And while McAdoo has some experience with Tight Ends (as if that doesn't sound too gay), we fired the guy who taught that to Shockey.

Thanks to so many holes on this team, id be happy with Ebron, Evans or any olineman or a lb iff there is one worth the pick that high. Hell even a dlineman if clowny falls.

I'm hoping for Evans though. I think we have good depth at wr but nobody like nicks or plax who can take over a game.

Would be nice to have a te that can go up the seam like Shockey.

That's why I think Ebron would be great... but if Clowney falls to us then I don't see us not picking him... either way I think the FO has positioned us to be able to pick and choose come draft day.

yeah you can definitely learn to block. look at pettigrew, that guy went from a pass catcher to a blocker who barely goes out anymore

when it comes to blocking as an extra lineman - big and strong, is the word of the month. You can't teach big.

when it comes to blocking as an extra lineman - big and strong, is the word of the month. You can't teach big.

Actually you can... a lot of it has to do with technique not necessarily size.

Agreed. Leverage is key to moving an object. I'm 5'10 and all of 190...but I could move my 6'6, 250 lb friend easily if I can get up under his center of gravity...just enough to get him off balance.

Wouldn't be picking him up or nothin'...but just getting him to take 1 step backwards after contact is enough to generate momentum...causing him to re-set...but that's already creating pressure at that point.

On that front line, if you are 100 lbs lighter and weaker, the big guy picks the little guy up off his feet and flings him out of the way. It's why you like offensive lineman that are over 300 lbs and can bench 225 lbs, 30 times or more.