SportsWrath

5% of our cap space on a 2nd FB

Herc

no the idea here is the opportunity cost. if he gets cut it won't be til summer. that's 5% of their free agency cap room that can't be used during the period where the most talent is available

Does Conner have some sort of injury we all don't know about? I'm sure that camp cuts will happen and I'm all for competition at any position, but $1 million for camp fodder is a little steep it seems.

It would be nice to have that $$ spent elsewhere...hell, even carried over to next year if need be.

no the idea here is the opportunity cost. if he gets cut it won't be til summer. that's 5% of their free agency cap room that can't be used during the period where the most talent is available

If I'm not mistaken you can go over the cap then have to be under or at by the start of the season.

once the league season starts in march you can't go over the salary cap at all. all signings have to be approved by the league office and when they look at each contract they make sure that you aren't going over the cap. if the contract would put the team over the cap it's rejected.

the only exception is when a signing bonus is accelerated (via trades or cuts). the team then has 7 days to get under the cap

so basically we've committed a guaranteed 250k of our cap to hynoski. his salary is 750k. if we end up cutting him before the season starts we get 750 of the 1 mil back for our cap. i'd rather have that money right now than in august

so basically we've committed a guaranteed 250k of our cap to hynoski. his salary is 750k. if we end up cutting him before the season starts we get 750 of the 1 mil back for our cap. i'd rather have that money right now than in august

I can guarantee you we will not be missing out on a FA for what we paid Hynoski.

Rolle's contract hasn't been touched. Manning's contract hasn't been touched.

There are guys like Daniel Fells that can be cut to save a half million/player. No dead money. You don't even need to cut them, because they'll drop out of the top 51, and their salaries will drop out of the cap with them.

Your 2nd string fullback might temporarily cost us $580,000 of additional cap money, which isn't insurmountable. That's without any of the cap accounting voodoo. If he makes the team, we drop Connor's $740,000.

Not sure why you're hyper-ventillating about this.

Rolle's contract hasn't been touched. Manning's contract hasn't been touched.

There are guys like Daniel Fells that can be cut to save a half million/player. No dead money. You don't even need to cut them, because they'll drop out of the top 51, and their salaries will drop out of the cap with them.

Your 2nd string fullback might temporarily cost us $580,000 of additional cap money, which isn't insurmountable. That's without any of the cap accounting voodoo. If he makes the team, we drop Connor's $740,000.

Not sure why you're hyper-ventillating about this.

lol

unless the giants are actually considering going with hynoski over conner?

1 year 1 mil

wow i don't see where im hyperventilating or overreacting here. and again that money is "temporarily unavailable" when it's at its most valuable.

wow i don't see where im hyperventilating or overreacting here. and again that money is "temporarily unavailable" when it's at its most valuable.

I got your back. Soooo basically the Giants refused to pay Tuck an extra $2 million but they spend $1 million on a Fullback that could have been acquired at literally any time of the year. Shit Nicks is only going to get paid $3.5 million and that was also impossible but paying a fullback 1/3 that salary is acceptable? How do none of you guys see the folly in this strategy?

I got your back. Soooo basically the Giants refused to pay Tuck an extra $2 million but they spend $1 million on a Fullback that could have been acquired at literally any time of the year. Shit Nicks is only going to get paid $3.5 million and that was also impossible but paying a fullback 1/3 that salary is acceptable? How do none of you guys see the folly in this strategy?

Um, probably because Tuck isn't worth that much (especially since he had 7 sacks in the last 5 games) and Nicks had a horrible 2012 and 2013. I'd like to ask you a question.

Are you stupid or does it just come naturally. Giants need to get younger and more athletic.