SportsWrath

5% of our cap space on a 2nd FB

Herc

People wanted Justin Tuck back? Even after his dreadful 2012 and 2013? Yeah, he had 11 sacks but 4 were in one game against the Redskins and 7 in the last 4 games. I love Justin Tuck, I think he should have been a career Giant....but he took the money and I can't blame him.

If Hynoski is 100%, it is going to be a great battle for the spot.

Hynoski has better hands and is a better pass blocker (rarely makes the wrong read).....Connor is a better run blocker...but not by much.

Should be fun...a good problem to have...wish we had it at LB and TE.

C. Wagon.

Um, probably because Tuck isn't worth that much (especially since he had 7 sacks in the last 5 games) and Nicks had a horrible 2012 and 2013. I'd like to ask you a question.

Are you stupid or does it just come naturally. Giants need to get younger and more athletic.

I think naturally, probably from my father's side. He was a real joker.

You're also miss reading the point and from Rotoworld it's $1 million. The focus is on the wasting of $1 million while refusing to offer veterans any extra money. I can guarantee you that Hynoski would still be available to sign in December if needed. That $1 million would have been much better spent in any other way at this moment than on a FB. Would it have been better to give Nicks an extra million to stay or sign Hynoski as FB competition? How is this debatable?

You guys are being inconsistent--do you want a rebuild, or lip service with the same players trying to do things they haven't been able to do in years?

I loved Tuck--I think he's one of the best draft picks we had in the last decade--but he hasn't been a multi-million dollar player for a couple of years now. 5 sacks in 14 games as a DE on a defense originally designed to live/die by the pass rush...Is that worth 4mil/year? Or do we just bench him until we play Washington?

And Nicks was never coming back this year. Cruz's contract clearly bruised his ego, and there would have been no way he would have come back here for a 3-3.5 million one-year deal. And frankly, the way the last two seasons played out, I don't see how Reese could have offered more; regardless of the reasons Nicks' play was so lackluster.

I really don't understand the logic of wanting to spend $7 million on these two guys, while lamenting a net $250,000 on a good young player who ensures that we have a good fullback this year, whether he makes it or not.

I was never under any delusions that nicks and tuck were coming back. I think they fucked up royally choosing Cruz over him but after the bad blood this season it's best he move on.

I'm in favor of a full tear down rebuilding year.

As for hynoski, regardless of whether or not he gets cut and only costs is 250k he is CURRENTLY taking up a million dollars of cap room during the free agency period and I don't see a reason for that

I was never under any delusions that nicks and tuck were coming back. I think they fucked up royally choosing Cruz over him but after the bad blood this season it's best for both parties that he move on.

I'm in favor of a full tear down rebuilding year. The line won't gel in one year anyway even if we continue fixing it this offseason

As for hynoski, regardless of whether or not he gets cut and only costs is 250k he is CURRENTLY taking up a million dollars of cap room during the free agency period and I don't see a reason for that