SportsWrath

Vikings sign Joseph

Herc

He signed for alot less than I thought he would. They are paying Everson Griffen more then Joseph. The Giants could of kept him for that price.

Cap-wise, might be Linval Joseph for Geoff Schwartz, and I'll take that.

5 years 31.5

Jesus, at that price why didn't the Giants keep him. DT's are the key part of the defense in my opinion, they make things easier for the ends and the linebackers. Letting a young stud like that go doesn't give me a lot of hope that they are going to improve the defense this year.

we're not big on locking up our high draft picks. can't wait to lose prince next

Good point. With Tuck either leaving or getting older and staying, JPP a big question mark and Moore untested, plus a question mark at cb besides Prince, losing Joseph is a fucking killer.

Hopefully Hankins will be ready to start contributing. If letting Joseph walk allows for a signing of Dietrich-Smith or another big o-lineman I'm more than ok with it.

We better make a splash, not this fucking back up lb bullshit either.

Good point. With Tuck either leaving or getting older and staying, JPP a big question mark and Moore untested, plus a question mark at cb besides Prince, losing Joseph is a fucking killer.

We better make a splash, not this fucking back up lb bullshit either.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, the Giant's done have "splash money"

All I expect us to sign is backups and maybe older vets.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, the Giant's done have "splash money"

All I expect us to sign is backups and maybe older vets.

Say it three times for all I care. Herc I believe posted something that the Giants had 22.3 million in cap space, thats a good chuck of change to get a few guys that can make a difference.

they are retooling with a bunch of 4 million dollar guys which is fine if we're a playoff contender but imo we are not

Pretty much, I'd have rather throw money at keeping our guys, including Joseph and Nicks and get a couple servicable guys we can afford and dfat oline heavy planning for the near future.

Anyway you cut it, he would be a big chunk of cap. Yeah, he signed for much lower than I expected, but it's still a big chunk and it's a position that isn't killing us the way our O-line is killing us. Still - I'll miss the guy. He certainly did his job for the Giants and has a ring to show for it.

Best of luck to you Linval. Just don't hurt one of our linemen when we face you later!

It's not like a precedent has been set here. They wouldn't pay Cofield and who replaced him, and Hankins replaces Joseph. 2 years from now, they'll be drafting his replacement.

it's too bad, but seriously they have other holes.

It's not like a precedent has been set here. They wouldn't pay Cofield and who replaced him, and Hankins replaces Joseph. 2 years from now, they'll be drafting his replacement.

it's too bad, but seriously they have other holes.

That's my take as well.... Hankins needs to step up because the offensive line is simply a huge priority.