SportsWrath

Combine

Lughead

Am I the only one that has been waiting for this to start for about 2 weeks now?

The way they are talking about Taylor and the Giants in the same breath he must be very high on the Giants board.

NFL NETWORK

Combine workout schedule:
» Saturday, Feb. 22: Tight ends, offensive linemen, special teams
» Sunday, Feb. 23: Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers
» Monday, Feb. 24: Defensive linemen, linebackers
» Tuesday, Feb. 25: Defensive backs

starts at 9 am EST. today

Lewan 4.85 forty, 1.64 10 yard split. He's our pick.

29 inch vertical jump 2 inches higher than the average bench mark of 27....... not that you would want your OL jumping in the air though, it shows his athleticism.. oh and remember he has "short arms" at 33 7/8 " arms ass opposed to Greg Robinson who has "long arms" 35' . showing only a 1 1/8 " difference. You would like to see at least 34 " arm length (long). Lewan compares to Nate Solder in the draft. Although Solder has 35 1/2" arms

Shaun O'Hara is a commentator....watching OL right now......with Mike Mayock.

Taylor Lewan (Michigan) looks like a huge wide receiver. Wow.

OHara impressed with Zack Martin and Jake Matthews.

Mayock saying Zack Martin is a 5 position player on OL.....would really love to see the Giants get this kid.

I hope the front office and TC/McAdoo focus on offensive line in the first round. However, the people they've been working out (according to the Star Ledger) are primarily RB's and CB's. Usually though, the people they work out aren't necessarily in their sights and it's typically a ruse.

I really hope they trade down and pick up an additional 2nd round and maybe an extra 3rd...or a 2nd and next years 1st. There's a lot of teams looking for QB's and WR's so this might be the year when the Giants actually do trade down. fingers crossed.

If they Giants go anything other than OL in the first round, I'll be pissed. Reese stated in an interview that he's always looking for a QB and "you can never have too many QB's on your team and if a top one is sitting there, I'm not afraid to take one".....man-oh-man, that better be another ruse!!!

I have to look into what the linemen have done for themselves...have any elevated their draft stock substantially by their combine performance?

I ask, because I'd like a top notch offensive linemen at 12 overall this year. I know we need interior help, but I think depth across the board is lacking too. A rookie to bookend with Pugh in the future and backup Beatty in the short term is the direction I'd go with G/C in the 2nd round.

Normally, OTs go early and really, but from what I've seen pre-combine, we should have a shot at the 2nd or 3rd ranked OT at 12. I'm hoping that remains the case.

I have to look into what the linemen have done for themselves...have any elevated their draft stock substantially by their combine performance?

I ask, because I'd like a top notch offensive linemen at 12 overall this year. I know we need interior help, but I think depth across the board is lacking too. A rookie to bookend with Pugh in the future and backup Beatty in the short term is the direction I'd go with G/C in the 2nd round.

Normally, OTs go early and really, but from what I've seen pre-combine, we should have a shot at the 2nd or 3rd ranked OT at 12. I'm hoping that remains the case.

Agree about the OL but if we get a Tackle, you'd have to find a way around Beatty's contract - it runs another 4 years at $7.5M, so we're not talking short term. I'm hoping a Guard is there but don't want to reach. Trading down, as suggested above could be how it unfolds.....or go another position - and we could justify a lot of positions - and look for a Guard in the 2nd.

Agree about the OL but if we get a Tackle, you'd have to find a way around Beatty's contract - it runs another 4 years at $7.5M, so we're not talking short term. I'm hoping a Guard is there but don't want to reach. Trading down, as suggested above could be how it unfolds.....or go another position - and we could justify a lot of positions - and look for a Guard in the 2nd.

We're stuck with Beatty unless he restructures, which he'd be a fool to do. If the drafted OT plays into the lineup, there's a possibility of moving Pugh inside to G. Part of what made Pugh attractive to the Giants was his versatility, which is the same reason some are looking at Zach Martin this year as a potential pick for us. I still think we have to address a C/G in free agency to back up Baas. I'm not sold on Snee and Boothe is a FA if I'm not mistaken.

Unfortunately, the offensive line was neglected to the point that this is a several offseason correction. While I hope it's limited to two offseasons (last year with Pugh/Beatty and this year with ??), I'm preparing myself now to consider it stretching into next year.

We're stuck with Beatty unless he restructures, which he'd be a fool to do. If the drafted OT plays into the lineup, there's a possibility of moving Pugh inside to G. Part of what made Pugh attractive to the Giants was his versatility, which is the same reason some are looking at Zach Martin this year as a potential pick for us. I still think we have to address a C/G in free agency to back up Baas. I'm not sold on Snee and Boothe is a FA if I'm not mistaken.

Unfortunately, the offensive line was neglected to the point that this is a several offseason correction. While I hope it's limited to two offseasons (last year with Pugh/Beatty and this year with ??), I'm preparing myself now to consider it stretching into next year.

We are stuck with Beatty's contract, but not Beatty at left tackle if he continues to suck balls.

I'd be thrilled with Zack Martin.

Like you said, Martin (like Pugh) is versatile.....there should be a ton of competition for spots this coming season, which means that guys might need to slide out of their current slots.

The TE's did not impress me. I think we're going back to back Oline Lewan and Yankey.

If Reese takes a TE in round 1 I will flip the fuck out.

If there aren't any standout tight ends, then that's a position to address in later rounds or through UDFA..... if a choice has to be made, get a guy who at least can fucking block.

If there aren't any standout tight ends, then that's a position to address in later rounds or through UDFA..... if a choice has to be made, get a guy who at least can fucking block.

The crème-de-la-crème of TE prospects is Eric Ebron out of North Carolina. He ran a fast 40 at the combine, but dropped nearly every ball thrown at him. At 6'4", he's not a monster TE nor a great blocker.

If the Giants pick him in the first, I'll vomit on the spot!

I'd love to see us grab a giant blocking TE in a later round, especially if we're stuck with Will Beatty doing his turnstile impression for the forseeable future.

I'd love to see us grab a giant blocking TE in a later round, especially if we're stuck with Will Beatty doing his turnstile impression for the forseeable future.

I'd like to see us grab up TE Troy Niklas out of Notre Dame. He didn't get a shot his first two years because he played behind Tyler Eifert. Last year was his first year as starter and he's a junior. But he's a big man (6-6+ and will be pushing 285 lbs in the nfl - not one of these 6'2"-6'4" tweeners) and his blocking is his strongest point. He only got one year to really play and they are saying he's coming out too early because if he stayed in school another year, he'd be a top 15 pick. He was used primarily for blocking in his first year as a starter, but he did haul in 32 receptions for 498 yards with five touchdowns for the year.

He could be had in the 3rd (I think) and might be a real steal. I like him better than Ebron, who'll be the first off the board.