SportsWrath

voided contracts

Bigblue25

Brandon Myers, Corey Webster see deals automatically voided on Friday

Two of the most disappointing players in the Giants' disappointing 2013 season are officially no longer with the team.

On Friday, tight end Brandon Myers and corner Corey Webster saw their deals automatically void. Myers had signed a four-year deal with the Giants last season with three voidable years. Webster, meanwhile, had one voidable year remaining on his contract. Those deals voided at 4 p.m. Friday.

The Giants had little reason to bring either player back. Myers arrived with plenty of promise, but he struggled throughout the season, catching just 47 passes for 522 yards, and he may forever be known for the pass he didn't catch in Chicago, when Eli Manning's deep throw was just out of his reach, resulting in an interception and sealing the sixth loss of the Giants' 0-6 start to the year.

Webster appeared in just four games thanks to a series of injuries, although he was supplanted by journeyman Trumaine McBride long before being placed on season-ending injured reserve in December. It marked a second straight season of coverage struggles for Webster, 31, who was once considered a lockdown corner.

http://m.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2014/02/brandon-myers-corey-webster-see-deals-automatically-voided-on-friday-0

I wish the best for Webby, who was pivotal in both Super Bowl runs.

Brandon Myers will be that guy that in two years people are saying, "remember we signed that TE one year... had been with the Raiders... what was his name again?"

Brandon Myers will be that guy that in two years people are saying, "remember we signed that TE one year... had been with the Raiders... what was his name again?"

I could never remember his name all season long anyway ... Even now... Only when I read this article.

The rebuilding continues.

I know a lot of people are looking at our 2014 season and thinking its a rebuilding season and we should keep our expectations limited. We have seen a number of teams over the last few years that were rebuilt during the offseason and in the playoff hunt immediately after. Every year I look at this team and know that they have a better chance than half the teams in the league to be in the playoffs. We have excellent ownership and management stability that others lack. We have a great core of talented players with the experience of playing in the big games and winning them.

I think we are going to see roster changes on the scale of the 2004 offseason.

The rebuilding continues.

I know a lot of people are looking at our 2014 season and thinking its a rebuilding season and we should keep our expectations limited. We have seen a number of teams over the last few years that were rebuilt during the offseason and in the playoff hunt immediately after. Every year I look at this team and know that they have a better chance than half the teams in the league to be in the playoffs. We have excellent ownership and management stability that others lack. We have a great core of talented players with the experience of playing in the big games and winning them.

I think we are going to see roster changes on the scale of the 2004 offseason.

The thing is though, those teams that generally go from last to first, do a complete overall from top to bottom. New head coach, new co-cordinators, maybe even a new GM, usually a complete overhaul of the roster or some drastic change like a new QB. Most of the team is gone from the last SB run, Eli, Rolle and a few others still remain from what year, which may be a good thing.

I think 2014 is going to be an 8-8 maybe 9-7 season at most, the Giant's have to many holes to fill in just one off season and I cant see even with a good draft class the Giant's competing with the 49ers, Seattle, Carolina, Saints, or even the Eagles at this point.

The thing is though, those teams that generally go from last to first, do a complete overall from top to bottom. New head coach, new co-cordinators, maybe even a new GM, usually a complete overhaul of the roster or some drastic change like a new QB. Most of the team is gone from the last SB run, Eli, Rolle and a few others still remain from what year, which may be a good thing.

I think 2014 is going to be an 8-8 maybe 9-7 season at most, the Giant's have to many holes to fill in just one off season and I cant see even with a good draft class the Giant's competing with the 49ers, Seattle, Carolina, Saints, or even the Eagles at this point.

In a league that makes us say, "holy shit, I never expected THAT" every year, it's way, way, WAY too early for such predictions. Hell, opening day is too early!

Or he goes some place else .....and haunts us.

C. Wgaon