SportsWrath

What Say you Mara?

Lughead

I don't think Reese is in as much danger as most of you guys think (or hope). Reese has been with the organization longer than Cheerleader and Company. He vets the organizational direction with the ownership... he finds the talent to carry out those intentions...its up to the head coach before the draft to meet with the GM to determine what the needs are. All of the choices made are made with Cheerleader having a lot of say... he is not frozen out at all. Also, once the talent is there it is up to the head coach to utilize it...and then its up to the coordinators to field those players. Far too much autonomy was given to these coordinators... and if Reese suffers from any deficit is in allowing Cheerleader to have a virtual veto. If Cheerleader fucks up this year with his Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner ways of coaching then it will definitely be gold watch time. Irish Catholic from BC or not. And Ernie Arcorsi did not go out and scout the talent...it was Reese and his peers...it was they who passed up the information to Arcorsi... so lets stop deifying him as well. If there is one position I hold against Reese and Arcorsi is the attempt to get by at linebacker with scrubs, retreads and also rans. That Beason is able to perform at a Pro Bowl level has lifted the defense immeasurably. But you can't get top dollar or value at every position. The OL all got old and injured at the same time... plus many of the guys we brought in and/or drafted have not been the beasts we expected. Shit happens. I think when we get some decent coordinators in here... a special teams coach that actually knows how to coach then things should improve.

Mara said "the fans deserve better" and I think he is 100% correct. I was serious when I said I wasn't going to watch the giants next year running the same tired shit from gilbride

I figured Jernigan was a complete bust.....instead it looks like he is a dynamic young player that gilbride neglected for most of 3 years...... The giants had the season on the line against Dallas and gilbride refused to commit to the run even though it was blatantly clear Dallas could not stop the run

Enough is enough

Oh shit you said the same things I've been saying. You must be delusional too.

I don't think Reese is in as much danger as most of you guys think (or hope). Reese has been with the organization longer than Cheerleader and Company. He vets the organizational direction with the ownership... he finds the talent to carry out those intentions...its up to the head coach before the draft to meet with the GM to determine what the needs are. All of the choices made are made with Cheerleader having a lot of say... he is not frozen out at all. Also, once the talent is there it is up to the head coach to utilize it...and then its up to the coordinators to field those players. Far too much autonomy was given to these coordinators... and if Reese suffers from any deficit is in allowing Cheerleader to have a virtual veto. If Cheerleader fucks up this year with his Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner ways of coaching then it will definitely be gold watch time. Irish Catholic from BC or not. And Ernie Arcorsi did not go out and scout the talent...it was Reese and his peers...it was they who passed up the information to Arcorsi... so lets stop deifying him as well. If there is one position I hold against Reese and Arcorsi is the attempt to get by at linebacker with scrubs, retreads and also rans. That Beason is able to perform at a Pro Bowl level has lifted the defense immeasurably. But you can't get top dollar or value at every position. The OL all got old and injured at the same time... plus many of the guys we brought in and/or drafted have not been the beasts we expected. Shit happens. I think when we get some decent coordinators in here... a special teams coach that actually knows how to coach then things should improve.

Reese is safe but Mara fired a warning shot across his bow.....the team doesn't have the luxury of any more gymnastics prospects .....he needs to stop swinging for the fences on every pick and instead get some smart steady guys.

After watching Mara's media interview I have come to some conclusions that seems to elude many. John Mara doesn't sit in an office and sign checks for whoever Reese, the scouts, and Coughlin think should be signed in free agency or in the draft. John Mara pulls the trigger on these deals, he makes the decisions and whether they are right or wrong they are at the end, his decisions to make. Once again going back to that media session he talked about gambling on players that would be either be boom or bust. That quite simply is how everyone else does it around the league and I think the Giants aren't any better or worse than others around the league. While it is unfortunate for the team that players that are drafted by the Giants have careers elsewhere it does show that they are successful players but within the constraints of the salary cap and the potential of future players, this team has made some decisions that has hurt this team in the last three seasons.

Team went 7-9, blame Mara, Tisch, Reese, Coughlin, the staff and players. Some may need to be replaced but the top three aren't the problem and if you think they are you might be better off with another team next season instead of wishing they were the team you want them to be.

After watching Mara's media interview I have come to some conclusions that seems to elude many. John Mara doesn't sit in an office and sign checks for whoever Reese, the scouts, and Coughlin think should be signed in free agency or in the draft. John Mara pulls the trigger on these deals, he makes the decisions and whether they are right or wrong they are at the end, his decisions to make. Once again going back to that media session he talked about gambling on players that would be either be boom or bust. That quite simply is how everyone else does it around the league and I think the Giants aren't any better or worse than others around the league. While it is unfortunate for the team that players that are drafted by the Giants have careers elsewhere it does show that they are successful players but within the constraints of the salary cap and the potential of future players, this team has made some decisions that has hurt this team in the last three seasons.

Team went 7-9, blame Mara, Tisch, Reese, Coughlin, the staff and players. Some may need to be replaced but the top three aren't the problem and if you think they are you might be better off with another team next season instead of wishing they were the team you want them to be.

The year of no salary cap hurt a lot of teams this year. Giants included.

Reese is safe but Mara fired a warning shot across his bow.....the team doesn't have the luxury of any more gymnastics prospects .....he needs to stop swinging for the fences on every pick and instead get some smart steady guys.

Reese has taken project players that fall in hopes that the coaching staff can develop them to their full potential. The problem is Coughlin needs guys who fits his system, instead of guys he can make fit the system.

Reese has taken project players that fall in hopes that the coaching staff can develop them to their full potential. The problem is Coughlin needs guys who fits his system, instead of guys he can make fit the system.

A very good analysis...like looking for a lump of gold in the old midden pile... It just seems that when you are constantly looking for diamonds in the rough...they never lose the rough..

A good coach makes the best of the talent available. He doesn't stubbornly try to shoe horn people into his "system."

That's the problem, JR drafts guys who are 3-4 LBs or some super human TE who doesnt have a single ounce of football knowledge and tells Coughlin "Here make it work, make them fit". It's like trying ti fit a square peg into a round hole.

Look at Biicheck, he doesnt draft players who he thinks that they might work in his scheme because they might have potential, he goes out draft after draft and gets players he KNOWS will work in his scheme.

Look at the teams in the playoffs still, all of them we're built by the coaching regime through the draft to fit the scheme of what they were trying to do.

I think you can make a case for Kapernick falling into the 49ers lap being one of those "potential" players.

wever unlike JR he doesn't draft players with "potential" who maybe after a few years might fit into those schemes.

He doesn't draft the JPP of TE's to sit on the bench to maybe one day fit into that scheme he drafts guys like Gronk who will be part of the scheme.

He doesnt draft a 4-3 LB and try to make him play an outside edge rusher in his defense thinking it sill magically fix the LB core.

Hell look at David Wilson unless the next OC knows how to use a fast shifty RB in their scheme then he will just be another wasted pick who had "potential".

oh for christs sake, the Patriots draft projects too, just like every other team. Shall I put together a list? Fuck it, I'm too lazy for all that - one example, Chandler Jones - first round pick, workout warrior, little to no college production. Forgettable WR from Florida a couple years ago, all combine talent, no football skill. Spent a 2nd round pick on him.

I think Quinn and Ryan are next

If Sullivan is hired as OC pretty sure Ryan is done as QB coach and Sullivan will bring in Mcnulty who was the QB coach in Tampa Bay and in Jacksonville he was the WR coach while Coughlin was the Jags HC.

If Sullivan is hired as OC pretty sure Ryan is done as QB coach and Sullivan will bring in Mcnulty who was the QB coach in Tampa Bay and in Jacksonville he was the WR coach while Coughlin was the Jags HC.

mcnulty.jpg

An alcoholic detective from Baltimore is going to be our QB coach....

Eh, Why not can't be any worse.