SportsWrath

Wow, Will Beatty played like crap.

JMFP

How many games this year has Will Beatty played like crap?. I count 2.

Considering how that line has been messed around all year and frankly got no fucking running back help until Jacobs came back, plus our tight ends just aren't good end blockers, I don't think Beatty has been too bad.

I think they need to adjust their blocking technique a little bit....for example, in Chicago, they changed how far back the OL drops until they "set", and it has helped them decrease the gaps between the lineman. Maybe Flaherty needs to play with that a little.

I think Gilbride's scheme places a shit ton of pressure on these guys to hold their blocks.....5 and 7 step drops really leave the LT out on an island for a while.

I also think Beatty would benefit from having a mauling left guard.....Boothe and Brewer really haven't lit the world on fire.

Maybe part of the problem is that as Beatty plays more games, he generates more tape that opponents can study for tendencies and flaws......it's a myth that he was some stalwart that is suddenly having an off season. He was drafted in 2010, had a decent year in 2011 that was cut short by injury, and then was the best lineman on a crappy/injured 2012 line.

Considering how that line has been messed around all year and frankly got no fucking running back help until Jacobs came back, plus our tight ends just aren't good end blockers, I don't think Beatty has been too bad.

I'd turn that around...how many games has Beatty dominated?.....I count 0.

Beatty played like a watery shit in two games this season.

He merely played like crap in a couple others.

Otherwise he's hovered around average. Had a couple good outings too. If I recall, he did well enough against Ware in week 1. Its his consistency, or the lack thereof, that I don't understand.

I'd love to know the examples of where he played like crap. I counted Carolina and perhaps yesterday.

The play of the line in general has improved since Baas and

I'd turn that around...how many games has Beatty dominated?.....I count 0.

Seriously Joe, what do you want him to dominate?. His job out there is to block the best end rusher on the opposition, that's why he gets the big contract. There was fuck all issues with the guy till he got the contract, he was solid overall. Now every time he gets beat, he's the shits.

He's not the best player but I've seen him get busted up once against Carolina, who by the way are doing it to everyone now. Also, Orakpo is an top defensive end.

I'd love to know the examples of where he played like crap. I counted Carolina and perhaps yesterday.

Seriously Joe, what do you want him to dominate?. His job out there is to block the best end rusher on the opposition, that's why he gets the big contract. There was fuck all issues with the guy till he got the contract, he was solid overall. Now every time he gets beat, he's the shits.

He's not the best player but I've seen him get busted up once against Carolina, who by the way are doing it to everyone now. Also, Orakpo is an top defensive end.

well, there was a point that I may have pulled up a few games on the DVR and reviewed Beatty in detail, but those days are long gone. I can just give you my impressions, which are admittedly imperfect at best, especially for a position that generally doesn't stand out unless he does something wrong (although I do try to focus on line play so my impression is probably worth more than most other casual fans).

But I think the issue most of us take is that the guy got his contract and now - not before the the contract, but after - he's been prone to game altering lapses in concentration and effort. I thought Beatty had the position locked down, but his performance this season has been sobering.

You know what I'd like?......I'd like to see some push on the left side.....there is none. I'd like it if he could shut down top defensive ends like everyone has shut down JPP this entire season.

Instead, he's average on his best days, and plays like a kite on his worst days.

Honestly, I don't want to waste my time pulling up film of this bum.....I can just tell you that based on what I'm seeing this season, he's sucked. If you want to show me some game film of him kicking ass, please, I'm willing to reconsider.

The big concern is that he fought hard to get paid, and once he got paid, is letting his performance slide a little. Technique wise, he wasn't very good on Sunday. His feet were bad. He jumped outside too quickly, instead of getting back quickly, and it allowed Orakpo to take him inside, with him completely off-balance.

I just don't get the dramatic drop-off since the start of the season, or last year. Have teams seen something on the tape they're exploiting? Is he secretly hurt?

The problem is that we gave a huge contract to a guy that showed up to camp fat and out of shape two years ago... then blamed it on his wife.