SportsWrath

Lawrence Taylor forced-fumble video.

JMFP

in the early clips - 81-83, you can hear how awe struck at his ability the announcers are. It really came as a shock to everyone.

Exactly. Nobody had ever seen anything like LT. My uncle, who started going to the games with my father in the Polo Grounds, in the 40s, called him "Superman", because he was just on another level than ANYONE else we had ever seen. I always thank the Saints for passing on him.

in the early clips - 81-83, you can hear how awe struck at his ability the announcers are. It really came as a shock to everyone.

Exactly. Nobody had ever seen anything like LT. My uncle, who started going to the games with my father in the Polo Grounds, in the 40s, called him "Superman", because he was just on another level than ANYONE else we had ever seen. I always thank the Saints for passing on him.

I remember one play in 81 either against the Broke Backs or the Egals... where LT tackled the whole backfield...this was when teams were running the Pro -Set offense with a QB and a RB to the right and a FB to the left ...both behind the QB. It was amazing...

Another thing I noticed in the clips: It's always interesting to recall just how much lighter players were in the 70's and 80's. They look downright skinny compared to the beefy players today.

You see the size difference on one of the plays against the Native American Epithets where you see this Hog come into view post fumble...he looks like a 300+ lbs and everyone else is in the 250's -270's. :)

I would of loved to see LT in his prime playing for Blue.

It honestly looks like everyone else is in slow motion when compared to how fast LT was on the field.

Nobody combined his instincts, speed, and freakish natural strength.

He made Jaworski pay for Ryan's toughguy act.

In today's pussy league, those 2 sacks would have gotten flagged for unnecessary roughness.

The cut back on LT would have definately drawn a flag...but back in the 80s'....they just called it 2nd down.

C. Waon.

Yeah that was a pussy ambush block... Jaws paid the price...and that asshole would not do that in a stand up block...