SportsWrath

Peyton Manning Calls the Jags a good football team

MikeGL

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been in so many commercials that he’s learned a lot about acting. Which is coming in handy this week as he acts like beating the Jaguars on Sunday is going to be a challenge.

Manning stood before reporters and said that the 0-5 Jaguars, who have been outscored by double-digit margins in all five games, are going to be a tough opponent for the 5-0 Jaguars.

“We’re playing a good NFL football team,” Manning said. “I don’t look at anything besides what I see on the tape on defense, and I see a team that’s stingy in the red zone, I see some offenses that have made some really good plays against them, that have been hard to defend. Certainly, you know, it’s a team with a lot of pride.”

The Broncos opened as 28-point favorites against the Jaguars, the biggest point spread in NFL history, but Manning doesn’t think the Broncos have anything to celebrate about their first five games.

“We have a lot of things we’ve got to improve on,” Manning said. “A lot of mistakes that we made in that game in Dallas. Certainly some good things that we’re building on but there are still plenty of mistakes, things we can correct. It’s actually not hard in my opinion to watch the tape and be pleased with some of the things that we’ve been doing but be motivated to correct some of the mistakes.”

The Broncos would have to make a whole lot of mistakes on Sunday to make the Jaguars look like a good football team.

Profootball

1437.gif

the broncos will probably be up 40 at half time

Yeah I told my coworkers to take the Broncos. Their D is going to be out to prove something after giving up 48 points, they'll shut the Jags out. And Peytoncan't help but torch them.

Only way they don't cover is after they go up by 4 touch downs they pull the starters and the Jags get a garbage time td.

Yeah I told my coworkers to take the Broncos. Their D is going to be out to prove something after giving up 48 points, they'll shut the Jags out. And Peytoncan't help but torch them.

Only way they don't cover is after they go up by 4 touch downs they pull the starters and the Jags get a garbage time td.

So your coworkers lost

It just goes to show how cerebral Peyton is. Watching tape through a QB's eyes he sees things the rest of us don't. He felt he was up against a good football team, and yesterday he wasn't that far off.

That, or he was just making the politically correct statements made every week.

It just goes to show how cerebral Peyton is. Watching tape through a QB's eyes he sees things the rest of us don't. He felt he was up against a good football team, and yesterday he wasn't that far off.

That, or he was just making the politically correct statements made every week.

You're right.

I've also always kind of thought that even a bad team can match up well to a better team but get blown away by what seems to be a similarly talented (bad) teams....like the 2000 New York Giants 41-0 romp of the Vikings. Of course, neither team were bad, but the Vikes that year were offensive juggernauts that were shut out...and that year's Giants squad showed nothing against the Ravens the next game.

You're right.

I've also always kind of thought that even a bad team can match up well to a better team but get blown away by what seems to be a similarly talented (bad) teams....like the 2000 New York Giants 41-0 romp of the Vikings. Of course, neither team were bad, but the Vikes that year were offensive juggernauts that were shut out...and that year's Giants squad showed nothing against the Ravens the next game.

That had a lot to do with Fassel totally changing over the entire Giants offensive game plan. Its another reason (also including his alleged infidelity within the organization) that resulted in the Giants...unofficially ...wink wink black listing him. Its almost as if he set the Giants up to fail. The Mara's are not the most forgiving of people... Its no accident that he is yet to get another NFL job at any level... :P