SportsWrath

Finding the positives in this team

BleedinBlue

I'd start a thread about the woes and crap plays, but I'd get carpel tunnel typing so I'm trying to look for anything positive to discuss.

- The Giants have scored 61 points in the first four games.....that's better than Tampa Bay and Jacksonville

- The Giants have given up 146 points.....okay, no team has given up more, not even close (skip this point)

- uhhhhh.........Eli was only sacked 3 times, a big improvement from the first three games

- uhhhh....we scored this week, which is better than last week

Oh well, all kidding aside. I was impressed this week with Herzlick and Paysinger and I see flashes of greatness in the future from Moore.

Other than that, it's a humbling thing to be a Giants fan right now. I still wear my Giants cap around and take abuse, but if we go 0-6, I'm retiring the hat until next year.

The defense was not bad yesterday. They kept the team in the game forcing those turnovers and made some really good stops. All the blame is on the offense. I think we are know this but I am not saying I am giving Eli a pass, he doesn't look good but how can any QB do anything with this shit offensive line that we have. They can't run and he doesn't have more than 2 seconds at times to throw. He steps into the pocket and there is always someone grabbing him.

The defense was not bad yesterday. They kept the team in the game forcing those turnovers and made some really good stops. All the blame is on the offense. I think we are know this but I am not saying I am giving Eli a pass, he doesn't look good but how can any QB do anything with this shit offensive line that we have. They can't run and he doesn't have more than 2 seconds at times to throw. He steps into the pocket and there is always someone grabbing him.

Especially asking the guy to run such slow developing routes.

Of course on the first play of the game they send Wilson out wide and run a quick hitting WR screen to him. Which of course won't fool anybody until they've run that formation and sent the halfback out on actual passing routes... until that happens, they're going to sit on the screen to the halfback every time.

True....the defense has been solid. I listened to TC's rant after the game and he blamed the offense. He said that when the offense is on the field for 2 minutes with one three-and-out after another, the defense never gets off the field and they are getting worn down. He said that offense simply has to be on the field long enough for the defense to catch their breath. I agree.

It is just so damn frustrating. No adjustments from the offense either. Do we even having any capable blocking tight ends? Listen, I have no reason to be optimistic here but being at 0-4, we are still only two games out. They can change this around. I rather them get this out of the way now but I just don't know. Next week they go up another equally shitty team in the Eagles.

It is just so damn frustrating. No adjustments from the offense either. Do we even having any capable blocking tight ends? Listen, I have no reason to be optimistic here but being at 0-4, we are still only two games out. They can change this around. I rather them get this out of the way now but I just don't know. Next week they go up another equally shitty team in the Eagles.

Huge fuckup by Reese with the Myers signing, and Bear Pascoe has always been a 2nd tier guy. On that 3rd and short to the right, Wilson had no chance because Myers and Pascoe both fucked the dog with their blocks....simple shit, too. Unacceptable.

What's Adrian Robinson's injury....hurt feelings? What a creampuff.

IMO David Wilson has been a positive every game since week one.

Agreed....not sure what the fuck Gilbride was doing with Scott yesterday.