SportsWrath

You Can Never have enough good DT's !!

Martin

Robbins and Joseph the starters ?

Ducket and Seawright the potential starters ?

Cofield I really dont know!!

It just seems real light in this unit!!

Can these DT's plug the middle the entire season?

If I were a betting man I might not take the cash out!

Anyone else a litte worried about this unit???

Optimistic fans please comment!!

:cwy:

Slightly worried. Thought we could've spent a higher round draft pick on one, but we apparently wouldn't have gotten the value out of our draft pick had we taken one when we were able to. So, I'm confident this unit will be aided by solid LB play and solid play from the DEs.

Fred Robbins wasnt even a starter LAST year. I think they have ignored the DT question for far too long...I was fine with it at first because I thought they were going to try for one of the studs that went in the first round, but I was wrong.

Anyway, I think the signing of a Brenston Buckner will help us out at the position immediately, giving us another body (most likely a starter), at the least.

Slightly worried. Thought we could've spent a higher round draft pick on one, but we apparently wouldn't have gotten the value out of our draft pick had we taken one when we were able to. So, I'm confident this unit will be aided by solid LB play and solid play from the DEs.

My God, I hope your right !!!! :worshippy:

Fred Robbins wasnt even a starter LAST year. I think they have ignored the DT question for far too long...I was fine with it at first because I thought they were going to try for one of the studs that went in the first round, but I was wrong.

Anyway, I think the signing of a Brenston Buckner will help us out at the position immediately, giving us another body (most likely a starter), at the least.

fred didnt start because he was fat right??

But he did start the year before and played pretty well.

In a recent interview, TC noted that Jonas Seawright is 340 and in great shape. He also sounded very excited about Duckett's ability and fitness heading into this season. I deduced from the interview that those two would be getting almost all of the playing time next to Willie Joe.

If it's the case that Seawright and Duckett are in as great shape as TC made it sound, I think we will be fine this season. He describe Jonas as "going to be unblockable." I don't think we'll really know until we see these guys in camp, though. But overall, I'm not too concerned. They just need to occupy blockers so that the playmakers surrounding them can make plays.

Cofield is a question mark at this point. If he performs well in camp and practice he might get some time in the rotation.

I dont expect anything from Robbins. Last I heard, he was in terrible shape.

fred didnt start because he was fat right??

But he did start the year before and played pretty well.

I'm not even sure...I didn't think he played all that bad the previous season...I remember the interception he had that he returned for a touchdown and I remember thinking that it was the most athletic play I had ever seen a DT make.

In a recent interview, TC noted that Jonas Seawright is 340 and in great shape. He also sounded very excited about Duckett's ability and fitness heading into this season. I deduced from the interview that those two would be getting almost all of the playing time next to Willie Joe.

If it's the case that Seawright and Duckett are in as great shape as TC made it sound, I think we will be fine this season. He describe Jonas as "going to be unblockable." I don't think we'll really know until we see these guys in camp, though. But overall, I'm not too concerned. They just need to occupy blockers so that the playmakers surrounding them can make plays.

Cofield is a question mark at this point. If he performs well in camp and practice he might get some time in the rotation.

I wouldn't set the bar too high yet for Seawright until we actually see him in action. I don't think we'll actually hear Coughlin and Accorsie say anything negative about our DT's, but, you also have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm not even sure...I didn't think he played all that bad the previous season...I remember the interception he had that he returned for a touchdown and I remember thinking that it was the most athletic play I had ever seen a DT make.

you know whats werd is that armsteads post indicates that

TC is very high on Ducket and Seawright but can

they be that improved ?

Robbins and Joseph each play the 3-technique, which is why Robbins is Joseph's back-up. Joseph will start at one DT spot, and either Cofield, Seawright, or Duckett will start at the NT spot.

I think Buckner is done.

I wouldn't set the bar too high yet for Seawright until we actually see him in action. I don't think we'll actually hear Coughlin and Accorsie say anything negative about our DT's, but, you also have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm not, which why I said that we'll have to wait until camp. But I don't think Seargent Coughlin is one to out of his way to praise a players condition if he doesn't mean it. For example, if Seawright were not in good shape having his head coach describe him as being in phenomenal shape would not help motivate him to work harder. TC doesnt strike me as the type of coach who will say things just to placate the fans if it's completely untrue and would actually be detrimental to the team.

Obviously we won't know until we see these guys in action. But to answer the queston about who to expect playing for us when the season comes around, Ill have to go with the players that the coach is praising for their hard work heading into camp.

Link?

I'm not, which why I said that we'll have to wait until camp. But I don't think Seargent Coughlin is one to out of his way to praise a players condition if he doesn't mean it. For example, if Seawright were not in good shape having his head coach describe him as being in phenomenal shape would not help motivate him to work harder. TC doesnt strike me as the type of coach who will say things just to placate the fans if it's completely untrue and would actually be detrimental to the team.

Obviously we won't know until we see these guys in action. But to answer the queston about who to expect playing for us when the season comes around, Ill have to go with the players that the coach is praising for their hard work heading into camp.

Round is a shape, Maybe he is in terrific shape, Terrificably Round

:P

Robbins and Joseph each play the 3-technique, which is why Robbins is Joseph's back-up. Joseph will start at one DT spot, and either Cofield, Seawright, or Duckett will start at the NT spot.

I think Buckner is done.

My thoughts exactly, Buckner would add little to nothing to our DT situation besides a familiar name. The guy i was high on for much of the offseason was Grady Jackson, but hes waddling around out of shape and unmotivated. So unless theres a suprise June 15th cut i think its clear the staffs confident in the players they have now. With the draft over and the Free agent pool dry all we can do now is have faith.

I would still prefer the Giants sign a vet FA DT, and I would still like Grady Jackson, failed physical and all, to be that FA. I think Joseph, Robbins, Jackson, Cofield. Would be a very strong rotation. Also remember last season we took 5 DTs onto the final roster. Its likely we do that again considering the way we rotate our interrior lineman. If we do Duckett, Seawright, Green, and Anderson could possibly fight for that final roster spot. As of right now the edge would have to go to Duckett but I wouldnt rule any of them out. If it was Duckett I would be much happier with that scenario then Jackson replaced by Seawright. Even with that said, if we dont sign Jackson I wouldnt be upset. We just need players who can come in, occupy blockers and get the job done, we dont need all-pro DTs.

The reason I still wouldnt mind Jackson even if he did fail a physical is because we are asking him to take up space and occupy blockers not to run a marathon. He has plenty of time to get into playing shape and with our rotation we dont need him to be in the best shape of his life.

We would be fine going into the season with Joseph, Robbins, Cofield, Duckett, Seawright as our DT's. Seawright, Cofield and Duckett wouldnt have to make eye popping plays. Their job as NTs is to simply clog everything up. Duckett can do that, from what i'm hearing Cofield certainly can, and Seawright has the size and strength. Our line will be just fine heading into next season...if you wanna be concerned about something, than be concerned about the secondary

We would be fine going into the season with Joseph, Robbins, Cofield, Duckett, Seawright as our DT's. Seawright, Cofield and Duckett wouldnt have to make eye popping plays. Their job as NTs is to simply clog everything up. Duckett can do that, from what i'm hearing Cofield certainly can, and Seawright has the size and strength. Our line will be just fine heading into next season...if you wanna be concerned about something, than be concerned about the secondary

The only ones I've really seen play are Joseph and Robbins...and I'm just not sure that any of those other guys can come in and start for us...but hopefully the strengths of the rest of our defense will pull the DT situation together...

Guest nosebleed

Pierce has been campaigning for a legitimate DT since Clancy was lost in free agency. It's too bad he will be behind a big fat disgusting puke and some other scrub. Pierce would be better off with two tackling dummies than the rubbish that may be in front of him.

How many threads on this topic are you going to start??? We get the point.

umm, you're the only one having a fit over it...it's a problem many of us here are concerned with.

Pierce has been campaigning for a legitimate DT since Clancy was lost in free agency. It's too bad he will be behind a big fat disgusting puke and some other scrub. Pierce would be better off with two tackling dummies than the rubbish that may be in front of him.

He also wanted LA and you have been bashing that move from day 1 :TU: