SportsWrath

pro bowl format to change

Bigblue25

They should have the worst two teams, play for the 1st pick in the draft

:laugh:

Race to the bottom game. One interesting thought I read online was moving it before the season when people want to watch football again. The only issue I could see with that would be rustiness or worry of injury before the season started. I think the Monday night before the season started would be a good placement.

Why would Rice and Sanders select the team? Would make more sense if the coaches selected the team.

How about you let players volunteer, with the stipulation that they play like it's a playoff game? Maybe the league pays for an insurance policy or the league picks up the remainder of the players contract should he get injured. Then you choose the best two teams out of the pool of volunteers.

I'd personally like to see something like this.

The coach of the team with the best record in each division builds a team from the pool of players on only his division. Then hold a playoffs of those teams.

The NFL guys want to GO to the Pro Bowl, they just don't want to PLAY. The sport, like hockey, is simply not conducive to an all star format. The risk of career ending or even career hampering injury is just too great on the risk/reward scale.

Ironically, they are stealing the hockey all star game idea with these teams being picked this way. In hockey, the playground style picking of teams was fun to watch. Unfortunately, the game was the same old no D, no hitting, skate & shoot deal. I see the same thing happening with the NFL - picking the teams will be better television than the game.

The NFL needs to stop with the bullshit. The all star game should have just been kept as a loss leader as it was before. A paid trip and bonus for players that put their bodies on the line so the NFL and owners can make billions. It's like your company Christmas party. The company doesn't directly reap any rewards but it helps with moral and turnover.