SportsWrath

Bullshit

Nas

So I'm reading this and it's a head-scratcher. This is how I see Cruz's deal. 2013 he's playing for the tender and the 5 years after that he got $8.6M per season on average. We know he had no choice but to play this year since no one made him an offer... to spin it and say he gave the Giants a discount screams bullshit.... he held on till the last second... and gave in because he'd rather get the guaranteed money now. This guy loves the spotlight.. whether it's making dumb tweets about the Zimmerman trial and a day or 2 pass by and now this... sheesh.

Cruz was asked about taking less money to sign his six-year deal worth more than $45 million. He said he felt less was more, and that it was more than worth it to give Big Blue a hometown discount.

Teams made Cruz offers, hell there were rumours that teams were willing to pay him 9 to 11 million a year.

No team wanted to part ways with a first rounder for Cruz PLUS all that guaranteed money.

I believe that if Cruz ever hit FA he would of been pulling in 10 million a year easy from some team willing to make him the #1

Teams made Cruz offers, hell there were rumours that teams were willing to pay him 9 to 11 million a year.

No team wanted to part ways with a first rounder for Cruz PLUS all that guaranteed money.

I believe that if Cruz ever hit FA he would of been pulling in 10 million a year easy from some team willing to make him the #1

I doubt it. The Giants made him a very good offer and he took it. To say he gave the Giants a hometown discount is bullshit... fact is no other team made him an offer and if he felt so strongly maybe he could have kept the tender and saw what the market has for him next year.. he didn't.

I doubt it. The Giants made him a very good offer and he took it. To say he gave the Giants a hometown discount is bullshit... fact is no other team made him an offer and if he felt so strongly maybe he could have kept the tender and saw what the market has for him next year.. he didn't.

Teams were willing to give Cruz the money, much more then the Giants.

No team was willing to give up a first for Cruz.

I'm a big Cruz fan, but he really needs to shut the fuck up about his contract.

I mean, that has to be some sort of world record for bitching about a contract.

Exactly. He had the option to wait another year for free agency... no way of telling if he's going to keep up production or have a case of slippery hands. He learned a lesson from Steve Smith... got his tender which he signed then extra 5 years at $8.6M each year... how's that not enough? I swear this kid has made more headlines than any other player in the NFL this offseason.. enough already.

Teams were willing to give Cruz the money, much more then the Giants.

No team was willing to give up a first for Cruz.

Exactly. If he does another 1000 yards and the Giants got a steal. Sure he could get injured but with recent performance it's a favourable Giants contract. Cruz has been very very good.

It was definitely a deal that favored the Giants, but that's just how it fell given his rookie deal, the RFA status, and his not wanting to risk injury this year before getting paid.

I honestly don't know that there was any kind of hometown discount...that's Cruz marketing himself as being worth more than he is.

I don't know that teams were offering that much more than we paid...again, comes down to the draft pick.

No way he should be bitching about his contract. Anyone who bitches to the masses, who all likely make far less than he and who all likely work far more than he and who all likely will work far longer than he, is approaching diva status mighty quick. Cruz needs to take a walk through that hometown neighborhood he so often references and reacquaint himself with his humble beginnings and remember where he came from.

For Christ fucking sake, let it go! He's not bitching, he answered questions! He's a Giant for a long time, probably his whole career. Move on.

He could have chose to answer the question differently... or just stop answering questions.

For Christ fucking sake, let it go! He's not bitching, he answered questions! He's a Giant for a long time, probably his whole career. Move on.

"I'm just glad the contract is done. I felt I was worth more, the Giants thought I was worth less; we met in the middle. At the end of the day, I'm happy to have a long term deal with the team that gave me the chance to perform at a level I knew I was capable of."

Really not that hard to state it in a way that isn't viewed as whining and emphasizes his desire to be with the team he's currently with...not make himself into some sort of martyr for signing a contract in excess of 45 million fucking dollars. Oh, the travesty!

The guy did what any professional athlete in that situation has to do. He could have not signed his tender and let it play out until training camp or beyond. What I think he's saying in so many words is that he maybe could have squeezed a little more out of the Giants but it had reached a point of diminishing returns - the angst was not worth another 100K a year or whatever he might have gained.

A mill here or a mill there. He should be happy to be with a team who has an awesome QB that throws to him. If he think otherwise be should give larry fitzgerald from Arz a call. Him staying here being productive because he's used to the system actually makes himself more marketable for commercials and other ways of making that money. Just ask randy moss when he took the cash and went to the Raiders. I don't care how great of a WR you believe you are. If you ain't producing that pro bowl numbers you ain't marketable to sell even popstickels.