SportsWrath

cruz and giants reach deal

Herc

hard to blame nicks if he doesn't want to negotiate right now. this is the lowest his value will ever be until he starts to decline

I think you can negotiate now still... he knows his value and so do the Giants.. why risk another year? Either way it works so long as he doesn't pull a diva which I doubt he will.

i think he should because i think nfl players should ALWAYS negotiate and get that guaranteed money asap. brent grimes and fred davis both rolled the dice, let their teams franchise them, snapped their achilles, a now davis is on a 1 year 2.5 mil deal and grimes is making like 5 i think for another team.

i get where he's coming from because he was worth more this time last year and probably will be worth more this time next year, but it's just not worth it IMO

Unless your name is Percy Harvin.

True. If he's injuried this year, I think Nicks deserves 8-9 with bonuses that could take him to the 10-11 million range per year. If he's healthy, I think the Giants still go with the 10-11 offer, sell it as being best for him having a top 7 or 8 QB, having a quality WR corps around him, etc. etc. I don't see the Giants going up to 12 mil per for the guy.

hopefully no dirty safeties will step on his foot as he's lighting them up for 199 yards, otherwise i'm sure he'll play just about every game of the season like he did all his other years

Still think there's a bit of a cavalier attitude on this board about getting Nicks resigned. He's HUGELY important to making this offense go! Do not for a second assume that Randle develops into as good a receiver as Nicks. I'd love it to happen but guys like Nicks just don't come along every day. Fortunately, I think the Giants know this and will find a way to get it done. Wrap up Nicks and Cruz to go along with Wilson, while Eli hits his prime years......there's another Super Bowl trophy in there somewhere!

Yes to both...Nicks is the man... he has all of the intangibles right now and with us...Randle may be the Second Coming yet again why wait for the Second Coming when you have the First right here with a proven track record? Nicks deserves way more than Cruz... I hope he gets it.