SportsWrath

Bleacher Report: Best player wearing each number. No. 10 RGIII

mikmak

Taking everything into consideration you'd have to give it to Eli right now but I think in a few years it won't be very close at all.

Two words: Cam Newton. Remember what everyone was saying before last season?

I'm not saying that your guy is going to be awful; or for that matter, that Cam Newton is awful. But a single season just isn't enough to project an entire career--especially if it ends so spectacularly bad.

Two words: Cam Newton. Remember what everyone was saying before last season?

I'm not saying that your guy is going to be awful; or for that matter, that Cam Newton is awful. But a single season just isn't enough to project an entire career--especially if it ends so spectacularly bad.

I think Cam Newton did pretty damn well considering what he was working with but yeah you can't judge a career based on one season. You can predict though and that's what sports message boards are for.

I think Cam Newton will end up having a real good career. The sooner he can get out of Carolina the better though. They don't seem to be trying hard to build a great team.

Not just that... does anyone here thinks RG3 is gonna last 10 years?

I was having this argument with a friend of mine who is a Skins fan. I looked up the stats to every successful "running" qb going back to Tarkenton. RG3 ran much, much more than all of them, except Vick. As you can imagine, the more a qb runs, the more games he misses. The bottom line is RG3 needs to run literally half as much as he does and evolve like McNabb to have a lengthy successful career.

McNabb was damn good but he's style of play, body size, work ethic, were quite different than RGIII's.

He's talking about Kirk Cousin's who is a good quarterback and played well in relief. He's no RGIII though. After this year I bet we trade him for some real nice picks. Not bad for a fourth rounder.

I actually like Rex Grossman right now as a sort of pseudo coach for the younger quarterbacks. As long as he doesn't get on the field during a real game I'm happy.

Seriously, I think Kirk Cousins could develop into a better pro QB than RG3. RG3 is very exciting, but so is (was) Michael Vick.

The law of averages doesn't favor QBs that intentionally run. Cousins looked very solid in relief of MG3.

I was having this argument with a friend of mine who is a Skins fan. I looked up the stats to every successful "running" qb going back to Tarkenton. RG3 ran much, much more than all of them, except Vick. As you can imagine, the more a qb runs, the more games he misses. The bottom line is RG3 needs to run literally half as much as he does and evolve like McNabb to have a lengthy successful career.

Agreed .... Still very you g and already one major knee fuckup. And between Snyder and Shanahan not a very protective environment. Can't believe how they handled Rg3 when the doctor was scared shitless about him playing.

Soon wel'll have a comparison of RG3 to Kordell Stewart.

Would not surprise me.....so many young mobile QBs are hyped as superstars

Baltimore exposed the danger of leaning on the read option.....just play the QB as the runner and eventually he is going to be too beat up to play QB

I think Cam Newton did pretty damn well considering what he was working with but yeah you can't judge a career based on one season. You can predict though and that's what sports message boards are for.

I don't know--if you based a prediction on Manning's first year, you'd swear he'd be a Sanchez-quality QB. Now you might not think he's as great a QB as I do, but you have to admit he's not at Sanchez's level.

Again, I'm not ripping your QB: but there are a lot of things that can happen between now and his retirement.

But hey, I more than understand how excited you must be--I was thrilled to see Collins in the rear-view for the first real QB we've had since Simms. I never thought Kerry had the complete package.

Let's allow Griffin to play a few more years before the coronation. If he can stay healthy I think he's going to be a very good player and win a lot of games in this league. Part of being great though is the ability to be out there every Sunday. I think it's going to remain a major concern with him not only because of how he plays, but his build. He's a track athlete playing quarterback.

Other then being African American RG3 is nothing like Vick, Newton, McNabb and certainly not K. Stewart. He is more like quicker version of Steve Young.

He is very intelligent, he is a team first guy, a real leader and has big assed heart...those other QBs have some of those charactoristics...but not all of them.... Yes he is very fast and elusive...but he also has a big and accurate arm..and solid pocket footwork......super accurate according to the scouts when he came out of Baylor.

Him getting his knee blown out is bad news...because now they are going to be a very mindful to make him more of a pocket passer..and work on his footwork.....then he becomes a bigger problem because he can be a 10 year guy if he does that....I hate him being in our Division..

That being said.....I dont' think he is better the Andrew Luck...and..well.....Eli's got two rings...beat Brady twice and Farve (at home in January) twice....he's #10...there is no question.

C. Wagon

Other then being African American RG3 is nothing like Vick, Newton, McNabb and certainly not K. Stewart. He is more like quicker version of Steve Young.

He is very intelligent, he is a team first guy, a real leader and has big assed heart...those other QBs have some of those charactoristics...but not all of them.... Yes he is very fast and elusive...but he also has a big and accurate arm..and solid pocket footwork......super accurate according to the scouts when he came out of Baylor.

Him getting his knee blown out is bad news...because now they are going to be a very mindful to make him more of a pocket passer..and work on his footwork.....then he becomes a bigger problem because he can be a 10 year guy if he does that....I hate him being in our Division..

That being said.....I dont' think he is better the Andrew Luck...and..well.....Eli's got two rings...beat Brady twice and Farve (at home in January) twice....he's #10...there is no question.

C. Wagon

Completely agreed.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, I think Kirk Cousins could develop into a better pro QB than RG3. RG3 is very exciting, but so is (was) Michael Vick.

The law of averages doesn't favor QBs that intentionally run. Cousins looked very solid in relief of MG3.

We'll definitely have to agree to disagree on that one. I do think he was a steal in the fourth round and it's funny looking back how much the Redskins were ripped for picking him. I think he has a three year deal so I imagine we'll try and trade him next offseason. Unless he plays a few games this year and sucks we should get a 2nd rounder and one or two lower round picks for him.

I think everyone can agree neither RGIII nor Cousins are anywhere nears as good as Rex Grossman. Dude is fucking gold

But seriously forget about RG3's running ability. The guy has a monster arm as evidenced by this play. Doesn't have the room to properly step into the pass and this is all arm. Even without the running ability RG3 can flat out pass better than Cousins (who needs room to set up his passes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niey00SmjaU

i like cousins too but rg3 throws a sweet ball. i'm interested to see if shanahan stops playing it so safe in the passing game because of his knee and let's him stay back there and throw it more

i like cousins too but rg3 throws a sweet ball. i'm interested to see if shanahan stops playing it so safe in the passing game because of his knee and let's him stay back there and throw it more

yeah, its totally effortless. He's a fun player to watch, I wish he wasn't on the 'Skins.