SportsWrath

Curry will wear blue, he tweets, "Excited to be a Giant"

BleedinBlue

Well I'm glad we signed him...maybe the only one who is, judging by the pallid responses here.

He's at that stage in his life where he's looking at his last chance to be what he was born to be. Hopefully, self-pride and good coaching will bring out the best of what's in him. I know his knees are bad, but he won't be expected to carry the team on his back like they needed in Seattle and will probably rotate with Rivers on the strong side. That should keep his legs fresh and put a fire under Rivers' ass.

Competition is a great thing and two guys who were college superstars have the chance to push each other. Curry's only 27 years old and sports data show (as well as physiological science) that males peak in their testosterone production and athletic ability at 29 years of age. Of course, there are those who continue to do well after 30, but it has more to do with their mental maturity and being able to outthink younger, faster guys who are still relying solely on their athleticism.

Regardless....this is a near zero risk for the Giants and could pay huge dividends if he can keep his knees in shape...which they should be with the Giants' medical staff and getting to play in limited action. If he doesn't pan out, or his knees are just too far gone...there's really lost by the Giants as they are always developing youngsters to fill the role.

The weakside is solid with Williams and Paysinger (who has added 25 lbs), the middle is solid with Connor and Herzlich, but the strongside had only Rivers, with Kiwi as a backup if he's not on the front line. This allows Kiwi to finally be the DE he always wanted to be and should excel at.

Well I'm glad we signed him...maybe the only one who is, judging by the pallid responses here.

He's at that stage in his life where he's looking at his last chance to be what he was born to be. Hopefully, self-pride and good coaching will bring out the best of what's in him. I know his knees are bad, but he won't be expected to carry the team on his back like they needed in Seattle and will probably rotate with Rivers on the strong side. That should keep his legs fresh and put a fire under Rivers' ass.

Competition is a great thing and two guys who were college superstars have the chance to push each other. Curry's only 27 years old and sports data show (as well as physiological science) that males peak in their testosterone production and athletic ability at 29 years of age. Of course, there are those who continue to do well after 30, but it has more to do with their mental maturity and being able to outthink younger, faster guys who are still relying solely on their athleticism.

Regardless....this is a near zero risk for the Giants and could pay huge dividends if he can keep his knees in shape...which they should be with the Giants' medical staff and getting to play in limited action. If he doesn't pan out, or his knees are just too far gone...there's really lost by the Giants as they are always developing youngsters to fill the role.

The weakside is solid with Williams and Paysinger (who has added 25 lbs), the middle is solid with Connor and Herzlich, but the strongside had only Rivers, with Kiwi as a backup if he's not on the front line. This allows Kiwi to finally be the DE he always wanted to be and should excel at.

I share your thought.. I don't think his knees are of any concern... 27 years old is all you need to look at...now bad knees after 35, then throw in the towel.

Rivers may play some SAM, but he's played more of the WIL for us. I think J Williams is being overrated here, also, Paysinger has real promise, but still is unproven as an every down linebacker.

I use "Ourlads" to look at our depth chart and sometimes BBI's.

Ourlads (which is a very top notch site) lists Rivers as a SAM and both Williams and Paysinger as WILLS. BBI switches Paysinger and Rivers in theirs. I always thought Rivers played the SAM, but to be honest I don't pay that close attention to the LB's in the game.

Ourlads' Depth Chart: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/pfdepthchart/NYG

BBI Depth Chart: http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/information-pages/depth-chart/

Did you think Stephen Curry, became a Knick in the middle of the playoffs?

LOL, I thought it was an attempt at a joke. Like this awesome basketball player joining the Giants to help the team.

Ok maybe Seph and Joe... ah.. here's my impression of them (Joe in the back seat, Seph in the Passenger seat):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeItrekUmhQ

LOL!

I'm over it, actually. Well probably not....the first time a running back busts a run up the gut I'll be complaining about linebackers.

Anyway, I hope Reese's annual Dumpster Dive for a linebacker pays off this year. Considering who they have currently on the team, this roster needs some serious competition, so I'm okay with them giving Curry a shot to make the team.

LOL!

I'm over it, actually. Well probably not....the first time a running back busts a run up the gut I'll be complaining about linebackers.

Anyway, I hope Reese's annual Dumpster Dive for a linebacker pays off this year. Considering who they have currently on the team, this roster needs some serious competition, so I'm okay with them giving Curry a shot to make the team.

snickerscoupon.jpg

Reading Curry's and Okam's twitter feeds they both seem very religious. My translation, humble and neither seem to be ME ME players. Hopefully their presents will put a positive spin on the rookies. Not that the Giants have had a problem with "ME ME" players for a while. but this may just keep the ship on course, keep every one on the same page so to say. Also not saying both will be on the 53 man roster in Sept. but they may help to shape a rookies professional prospective.

Reading Curry's and Okam's twitter feeds they both seem very religious. My translation, humble and neither seem to be ME ME players. Hopefully their presents will put a positive spin on the rookies. Not that the Giants have had a problem with "ME ME" players for a while. but this may just keep the ship on course, keep every one on the same page so to say. Also not saying both will be on the 53 man roster in Sept. but they may help to shape a rookies professional prospective.

It seems quite a few of the kids in camp are very strong Christians. Center Jordan Mosely is very religious and continually talks about God's will and thanking all the folks back at his home church for praying for his success. Then there's LB John Stevenson who was asked, "What would you do with your money if you make it to the NFL" and he responded, "I would take the first 10 percent and put it in church then I would give my parents and siblings a nice piece of change to do what they want with. I would also put a good bit of it away to start the football camp I always wanted to have for high school students".

Nice to see high character guys in the mix of players.

Why are we making a Big Deal about someone who is going to be cut.

Because it's May :). Btw I'd love for you to be proven wrong here... I hope Curry resurrects his career in Blue.

It's a depth move and the Giants seem to like these guys who HAVE to give 100% to keep their careers. Nothing motivates more than the threat of being labeled as 'done'. It's make or break it years for so many guys on our team. It's a niche I think the Giants have found and had some success with.

That said, I'm not looking at Curry as a guy who will come in and dominate. Just a guy who can contribute and who knows, we may find a guy who just happens to fall into the right situation to be the guy he was drafted to be.