SportsWrath

Kenny Phillips set to test free agency, safety declines offer to stay with NY Giants

Nas

I don't think any team gives him a shot at a starting job.

This has Steve Smith version 2.0 written all over it, his knee is either done or he's still a long way off from being 100%

Shame too, he had everything needed to be a good safety in the league.

Nah, he can go. Stevie Brown and Will Hill may have better careers as a Giant by the time they are done.

By the time they are done? Stevie Brown already has had a better career.

Lmao so many are uninformed.

Look at the stats with KP playing vs not playing.

Since 2010 we are 2nd in points against when KP plays. We are dead last when he sits. Coincidence? Lmao, No.

Look it up if you don't believe it.

Its a smart move on his part. Giants don't have a lot of money to go around and someone else is definitely going to pay him more. Our defense is clearly better with Kenny Phillips, team was better with Boley too and he isn't around anymore.

Cruz and Nicks are more of a priority than KP. Given KP's injury history and Stevie Brown/Will Hill/Antrel Rolle all being decent enough to start, the writing was pretty much on the wall. The Giants though, thought enough of KP to at least provide him an offer.

Lmao so many are uninformed.

Look at the stats with KP playing vs not playing.

Since 2010 we are 2nd in points against when KP plays. We are dead last when he sits. Coincidence? Lmao, No.

Look it up if you don't believe it.

The problem.. most of the time he's NOT playing... what good has that done us?

IMO KP will be back as long as nobody blows him away with a huge deal.

I think Reese has already made KP a respectable offer and KP is doing his due dillegence and testing FA since his knee is shaky.

KP may indeed come back to JRs offer or ask for a little more as long as the Cowboys don't give him 20 million guaranteed.

With KP, it's not JUST his injury...it's the other guys we have lined up that have to play into it as well.

We can afford to low ball him to some degree and let him walk if he wants because we have guys who have stepped up in his place.

With KP, it's not JUST his injury...it's the other guys we have lined up that have to play into it as well.

We can afford to low ball him to some degree and let him walk if he wants because we have guys who have stepped up in his place.

I disagree. Nobody proved to replace KP last year. The defense was atrocious in games KP missed vs games he played. Even on one knee against GB.

Yea Stevie Brown gets INTs, he's a good player, but neither him or Rolle can cover the deep part if the field even 1/10th as good as KP. Will Hill has the ability to play KPs Rolle but he's unproven at it and has a 10 cent brain according to twitter.

The much bigger problem is... who's name do I sew over Phillips on my old Tiki Barber jersey?

Pony up the cash and buy an authentic jersey of someone who played their full career for the Giants. That's how I roll. If Tiki had left gracefully as opposed to a whiney bitch, which I'm assuming is the reason you're willing to cover up his name, than I'd tell you to wear your Tiki jersey with pride.

Pony up the cash and buy an authentic jersey of someone who played their full career for the Giants. That's how I roll. If Tiki had left gracefully as opposed to a whiney bitch, which I'm assuming is the reason you're willing to cover up his name, than I'd tell you to wear your Tiki jersey with pride.

My next jersey will either be Strahan or LT

Although a stitched Osi jersey may also due.

I"ve been thinking I may have to go for a classic like a Taylor or Strahan. Most of the ones I own have been gifts. It'd be nice to have one that you know will be relevant in ten years as opposed to having to cover the name up.

Who knew in Barber's last season though he'd prove to be a total schmuck; guy had always been a class act. Talk about fucking the golden goose.

No doubt that Barber hurt himself going forward in that last year.

I have an LT jersey at home and also a Bavaro jersey, both authentics, both gifts. Granted, Bavaro played elsewhere, he was known for his play for the Giants. So yeah, I broke my own rule a bit, but that'd be like bitching at someone for getting a 49ers Montana jersey.

I"ve been thinking I may have to go for a classic like a Taylor or Strahan. Most of the ones I own have been gifts. It'd be nice to have one that you know will be relevant in ten years as opposed to having to cover the name up.

Who knew in Barber's last season though he'd prove to be a total schmuck; guy had always been a class act. Talk about fucking the golden goose.

Having a jersey sounds great but it never felt comfortable wearing one...