SportsWrath

Victor Cruz asking too much from Giants

BronxRik

Fortunately he is not unrestricted at this point.....nobody is going to pay out the nose and then surrender a high draft pick to the Giants.

This is probably just part of the slow waltz before each side gets real with numbers.

Hey rumor has it that the Dolphins are HOTTT for CRRUUUUUUUZZZZ.

They pick 12th.

If they decide to pay Cruz some big money and fork over that 12th pick (assuming we 1st round tender Cruz) then you let Cruz go and take that pick. It's risky and shitty, but with Nicks and Eli here, it's probly the correct move. Helps us keep other guys as well. And re-tool the OL so we can keep Eli healthy into his late 30s

If they decide to pay Cruz some big money and fork over that 12th pick (assuming we 1st round tender Cruz) then you let Cruz go and take that pick. It's risky and shitty, but with Nicks and Eli here, it's probly the correct move. Helps us keep other guys as well. And re-tool the OL so we can keep Eli healthy into his late 30s

I'd rather let Nicks go and feature Cruz. He's a freak. I love Nicks but (a) he's a prototypical textbook WR not a freak like Cruz, and (b) he's injured too much.

Nicks is more important to Eli the Cruz is. Nicks is Eli trusted receiver. Nicks is not pro typical he man beast. Cruz drops open passes to much as someone time just make ridiculous plays that 9 out 10 times would not go his way again.

Fortunately he is not unrestricted at this point.....nobody is going to pay out the nose and then surrender a high draft pick to the Giants.

This is probably just part of the slow waltz before each side gets real with numbers.

I support this message.

Yeah, probably. It's just hard to find any news that isn't 47-related, never mind actual Giants news.

I'd rather let Nicks go and feature Cruz. He's a freak. I love Nicks but (a) he's a prototypical textbook WR not a freak like Cruz, and (b) he's injured too much.

How often did Cruz show up when Nicks was either out or hobbled?

Look, I LOVE Cruz and I think he and Nicks make each other better... but Nicks commands more respect from defenses than Cruz. In an ideal world, BOTH would be Giants for life.. but in the case we can't afford both, Nicks is our 1st priority.. at least in my opinion.

How often did Cruz show up when Nicks was either out or hobbled?

Look, I LOVE Cruz and I think he and Nicks make each other better... but Nicks commands more respect from defenses than Cruz. In an idea world, BOTH would be Giants for life.. but in the case we can't afford either, Nicks is our 1st priority.. at least in my opinion.

Uhhhhh every game, because he wasn't injured and actually dressed and played. I guess I don't understand the question. If you're insinuating the offense lapsed because Nicks was injured, then of course. If you're saying Cruz sucks if Nicks doesn't play, that's an idiotic conclusion and I have to wonder if you bothered to watch the run to the Super Bowl and the sheer amount of INDIVIDUAL big-time plays that Cruz made and can make. That's what should make him a priority over Nicks who is consistently hobbled, out, or just plain inconsistent, and he still has a year left on his contract, mind you. You wanna talk about keeping Cruz for cheap this past year, why the fuck not keep Nicks for cheap this year on the last year of his rookie deal, see what happens, and resign him NEXT year?

Cruz is a playmaker. You don't let playmakers walk for inconsistency.

Uhhhhh every game, because he wasn't injured and actually dressed and played. I guess I don't understand the question. If you're insinuating the offense lapsed because Nicks was injured, then of course. If you're saying Cruz sucks if Nicks doesn't play, that's an idiotic conclusion and I have to wonder if you bothered to watch the run to the Super Bowl and the sheer amount of INDIVIDUAL big-time plays that Cruz made and can make. That's what should make him a priority over Nicks who is consistently hobbled, out, or just plain inconsistent, and he still has a year left on his contract, mind you. You wanna talk about keeping Cruz for cheap this past year, why the fuck not keep Nicks for cheap this year on the last year of his rookie deal, see what happens, and resign him NEXT year?

Cruz is a playmaker. You don't let playmakers walk for inconsistency.

That's not what I said.. and I'm not sure calling my remarks idiotic was called for.... also I'm not sure how you managed to ignore my claim that I "LOVE Cruz".. and I will add not just as a player but as an overall human being..

haha if nas is favoring nicks in this debate you KNOW it's objective, dude loves cruz.

and so do i. i really wish we could keep them both. i've been really worried about this situation since last year and now it seems our worst fears are coming to fruition. i'd get rid of a LOT of guys on this team over not keeping both cruz and nicks. big time passing games are just too important in 2013

That's not what I said.. and I'm not sure calling my remarks idiotic was called for.... also I'm not sure how you managed to ignore my claim that I "LOVE Cruz".. and I will add not just as a player but as an overall human being..

As I said, I don't understand the question. He showed up every game because he was healthy and the only consistent target for Eli all season. You're claiming the offense as a whole isn't as good without it's #1 WR. I think that's obvious and has nothing to do with Cruz. If Julio Jones went out, Roddy White's numbers would go down. You can bet if Cruz went down, Nicks' numbers would go down. Cruz doesn't go down, though.

It is, however, a statement about how ineffective Nicks was this season, considering he was on the field for most the season and still put up low numbers. I don't get the argument that Nicks is more of a priority because with him hobbled, the offense sucks. Yet he plays through injuries season after season. I'll prioritize the healthy guy who is actually at the end of his contract.

I think if you ask Eli who he rather would have he would say Nicks.

I honestly doubt that highly. Quarterbacks love their 3rd down guys, drive sustaining guys. They like their homerun guys, too, but it's the drive continuing guys who are the most QB friendly. To put that in perspective, it'd be like asking Tom Brady if he'd rather have Wes Welker or Brandon Lloyd. Wes Welker or Randy Moss.

In this case, Cruz is even better than Welker because he's faster, more agile, and a bigger playmaker.

I honestly doubt that highly. Quarterbacks love their 3rd down guys, drive sustaining guys. They like their homerun guys, too, but it's the drive continuing guys who are the most QB friendly. To put that in perspective, it'd be like asking Tom Brady if he'd rather have Wes Welker or Brandon Lloyd. Wes Welker or Randy Moss.

In this case, Cruz is even better than Welker because he's faster, more agile, and a bigger playmaker.

Qbs also love a guy they can throw to in double coverage on 3rd down. When no receiver is "open" a guy you can throw the ball to who will out muscle the Cb or S for the ball.

Qbs also love a guy they can throw to in double coverage on 3rd down. When no receiver is "open" a guy you can throw the ball to who will out muscle the Cb or S for the ball.

That certainly wasn't Nicks this season. We were missing that guy.

But they also love the guys who can turn a 5 yard in into a 90 yard touchdown....without getting caught from behind every time.