SportsWrath

Are we out?

Iceman_NYG

For all intents and purposes, yes, we're out. That said, the lone scenario where we make the playoffs at all, would be as the 6th seed, is for ALL of the following to occur. Should ANY not occur, we miss the playoffs.

1. We have to beat Philly - unlikely

2. Chicago has to lose to Detroit - unlikely

3. Minnesota has to lose to Green Bay - toss up

4. Dallas has to lose to Washington - likely

For all intents and purposes, yes, we're out. That said, the lone scenario where we make the playoffs at all, would be as the 6th seed, is for ALL of the following to occur. Should ANY not occur, we miss the playoffs.

1. We have to beat Philly - unlikely

2. Chicago has to lose to Detroit - unlikely

3. Minnesota has to lose to Green Bay - toss up

4. Dallas has to lose to Washington - likely

This. And I still believe that all happens and we lose to the Eagles... LOL. Knowing how the Giants like to play...

If we get in, we'd likely face either Green Bay or Washington as San Francisco and Atlanta pretty much locked up the first round byes.

I wouldn't like our odds against either Green Bay or Washington at this point.

I wouldn't be crazy about our chances against Tampa Bay right now.

We're pretty much out. But if we somehow get in, we deserved it.

Yeah, I just had this argument with the only other Giants fan at work. I don't get the whole 'deserving' a spot thing. If the Giants manage to back in to the playoffs, go on another run and win the Superbowl, will Giants fans feel we 'deserved' it?

Fans seem to think they deserve every thing under the sun. Giants make into the playoffs this year, I would call it lucky. I think the team would deserve it in the sense that they at least beat the Eagles to finish the season.

Yeah, I just had this argument with the only other Giants fan at work. I don't get the whole 'deserving' a spot thing. If the Giants manage to back in to the playoffs, go on another run and win the Superbowl, will Giants fans feel we 'deserved' it?