SportsWrath

Bench 'Em

Allstarjim

I'm so perturbed at what I saw today. Today was a loss to an inferior opponent who came to play. The Giants were not prepared to win this game. I firmly believe this loss lands squarely on Tom for not having his team ready. And I love Tom, I do. But no excuses for that piss poor effort.

Some players need to be held accountable. When you have a Bengals team that has been awful defensively, to not even get a TD until the 4th quarter, and the general lackadaisical effort, just was embarrassing.

Feel free to add players. But I feel some guys need to be benched to send a message. If they aren't hungry enough to perform, it's time to watch from the sidelines.

Corey Webster

David Diehl

Ahmad Bradshaw

I would rather see Hosley go through growing pains opposite Amukamara than see Webster give less than 100% like he did today (and like he has in several contests this season).

Diehl may not have it in him anymore, but either way, he is not helping anyone on that team. He needs to be benched. I would be looking for an excuse to IR him, to be honest.

Bradshaw runs hard when he can. And I really have a hard time criticizing a player who really tries and is maybe the most competitive guy on the offense. But he's not better than Andre Brown. AND I feel like David Wilson is the Ferrari that sits in the garage on a Saturday night. When this team needs a spark, Wilson is ignored. This is crazy.

Diehl and Bradshaw both need to sit. One because he sucks, one to heal and hopefully come back in a few weeks for a playoff push.

Honestly, Osi needs to sit too. I couldn't stomach watching the whole game today (especially with temps in the 60's up here) but there were at least four occasions where the guy just stopped his rush. Just... stopped. No pressure, didn't jump up to bat a ball, no draw play. I guess he just wasn't into it. Pathetic.

Antrel Rolle has looked really bad the past few weeks. Whiffed really badly on some tackles. I wouldn't bench him but I'd let him know he's the next to sit.

Guest StrahansGap

I'm still shocked at how Webster just flat out gave up on that 1st TD by Green. It's almost as if he took a step back to lessen the blame on himself. Even after the ball was caught he had time to catch up and make a tackle. He gave up. Didn't look good....

TC should have given Carr a go on that last drive .......just to give Eli some ' thinking time ''

I would never bench Eli .....but he needs to seriously reflect upon his very poor level of play recently.

I know the receiveres are not getting open and the O line sucks all of a sudden ............but Eli can carry this team .......and he isnt at the moment !

HARD WORK OVER THE BYE REQUIRED

Bench DD .....Bench Osi .......Bench Webster ......Bench Bradshaw ..........( we cant bench anyone else .....we need to get a team on the field ! )

Bradshaw's lost a fumble in two of the last three games. I get what you're saying Tree, and don't necessarily disagree. And Bradshaw runs hard and is probably the most fiery competitor on that offense. I don't really have a beef with him, except that I believe Brown is the better running back right now, and Wilson is getting under-utilized, and DEFINITELY needs to get some action to jump start this offense. Wilson needs 8 to 10 touches right now, IMO.

Andre Brown is a better runner right now than Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'm not sure about they "why's"......whether Bradshaw is just starting to break down, whether it's because he's injured, isn't practicing, etc.....I think it's a combination of the 3.

I don't think Bradshaw is the electrifying runner he used to be.

I don't think Bradshaw is 100% healthy.

Bradshaw is too injured to practice with the team.

Add up those factors, and the answer (to me) is that we need a new #1 back.

People have defended Bradshaw because of his pass protection, and that the coaches trust him......well, given his recent fumbles (and yesterday's was a potential game changer), and given how rattled Eli has looked in the pocket, I think people are living in the past. And frankly, Bradshaw has always been reckless with the ball.....but I used to accept that because he was also a very explosive runner.

When I look at Brown I see a guy who can run between the tackles, or get outside... can shift to daylight.....will stay patient with his blockers.... can break a tackle and/or surge forward when nothing is there.....who can catch a ball in the flat.....and who is a capable blocker. In short, Brown is a classic "every down" running back.

Bradshaw is a very good blocker when he's healthy.....but he's not the second coming of fucking Anthony Munoz. I'd understand it if we had a couple chumps behind him, but Wilson is a 1st round pick, and Brown has done everything possible to earn the coaches confidence.

Maybe Brown needs to catch a baby that is thrown out of a burning building....I don't know.

Bradshaw had 57 yards on 10 carries before getting KO'd. Brown was doing well too; they had nearly identical ypc (5.7 and 6) aside from Brown's one breakout run in garbage time. If we weren't playing from behind all game I think one of them would have broken 100 yards. I don't know how you say Bradshaw needs to be benched, I think the Giants are doing the right thing with their RB mix.

Wilson hasn't looked impressive on his limited opportunities so far. On his one run yesterday he did exactly what people have been down on Bradshaw for; not following the blocks. Of course he needs more chances to see what we really have but he needs to earn those chances in practice.

Bradshaw had 57 yards on 10 carries before getting KO'd. Brown was doing well too; they had nearly identical ypc (5.7 and 6) aside from Brown's one breakout run in garbage time. If we weren't playing from behind all game I think one of them would have broken 100 yards. I don't know how you say Bradshaw needs to be benched, I think the Giants are doing the right thing with their RB mix.

Wilson hasn't looked impressive on his limited opportunities so far. On his one run yesterday he did exactly what people have been down on Bradshaw for; not following the blocks. Of course he needs more chances to see what we really have but he needs to earn those chances in practice.

How can he look impressive with 3 carries in the last 4 games? Take all of his whopping 18 carries on the season, he's averaging 4.9 yards a carry. Bradshaw at 4.5. I'm not saying he's better, and I'm not saying to draw anything from those statistics. I don't think he should replace Bradshaw. But I do think Joe gave a good summary, and I think it's time that an offense that desperately needs a spark and more big plays start to look at players that are capable of producing them. Wilson is such a player. Right now, I don't think Bradshaw is, despite the fact that I don't believe he's an ineffective runner.

It's been 4 weeks since Bradshaw has been able to regularly practice.

I don't think our offensive struggles over the same period are coincidental.

What did Bradshaw do wrong besides taking a blatant helmet to the facemask? He was running okay given the line's play. The strip wasn't his fault; it was a good play by the defender.

The fumble was his fault, Tree. Once again, reckless with the ball.....he had a good run, 1st down, inside the 20......but again, he has to fight for an extra yard?.....how about protecting the ball? I'm pretty sure they run strip drills in practice....oh yeah, that's right, Bradshaw doesn't practice. Never mind.

He's simply not a cerebral runner....whether it's bailing on his blockers, or not considering game conditions, this has been the same-old same-old.

It's been 4 weeks since Bradshaw has been able to regularly practice.

I don't think our offensive struggles over the same period are coincidental.

Agreed.

How prepared can you be to play when you only practice one day out of four?

The fumble was his fault, Tree. Once again, reckless with the ball.....he had a good run, 1st down, inside the 20......but again, he has to fight for an extra yard?.....how about protecting the ball? I'm pretty sure they run strip drills in practice....oh yeah, that's right, Bradshaw doesn't practice. Never mind.

He's simply not a cerebral runner....whether it's bailing on his blockers, or not considering game conditions, this has been the same-old same-old.

You'd be the first to complain if he didn't make those extra yards, Joe.

You'd be the first to complain if he didn't make those extra yards, Joe.

It depends on down and distance.

I just think if you can't practice, you don't deserve excuses.....especially turning the ball over in the red zone when you've already made 1st down yardage.

Actually he was holding the ball correctly; I double checked when I was pissed at him. He had it high and tight against his shoulder but when you have 4 defenders pulling it's tough. The problem with Bradshaw, which is also good, it that he tries too hard. The guy never ever quits. If the whole team could be filled with Bradshaws the Giants would be contending for a perfect record.

Actually he was holding the ball correctly; I double checked when I was pissed at him. He had it high and tight against his shoulder but when you have 4 defenders pulling it's tough. The problem with Bradshaw, which is also good, it that he tries too hard. The guy never ever quits. If the whole team could be filled with Bradshaws the Giants would be contending for a perfect record.

When you have 4 defenders pulling on the ball, you don't fight for extra yardage...you go down.

If the whole team was filled with Bradshaws they'd have to cancel practice.

When you have 4 defenders pulling on the ball, you don't fight for extra yardage...you go down.

If the whole team was filled with Bradshaws they'd have to cancel practice.

LMAO, so true, we'd have a team of bow-legged freaks with bad ankles....we'd probably lose a guy for the season per practice....there would have to a practice squad filled with Ahmad Bradshaws, too....

You know, I think both Joe and Tree are both correct in this argument. No one can criticize Bradshaw's heart, competitiveness, desire... but he has to play smarter.

For me it's just looking at this team, they are struggling to sustain and finish drives. The cure for that is big plays. If you have guys sitting on the bench that can make big plays, then why? Wilson can at least, be a scary decoy.

You know, I think both Joe and Tree are both correct in this argument. No one can criticize Bradshaw's heart, competitiveness, desire... but he has to play smarter.

For me it's just looking at this team, they are struggling to sustain and finish drives. The cure for that is big plays. If you have guys sitting on the bench that can make big plays, then why? Wilson can at least, be a scary decoy.

Our 3rd down efficiency is deadful, too. For some reason, this is a team no longer able to sustain drives and it is mind-boggling when you finally have a back who can catch the ball out of the backfield (to me, Wilson can be used like how Philly uses Mccoy, get him more touches by throwing it to him in the flat), a tight end that-- despite having some mental breakdowns-- is athletic and able to get open, and a receiver in Cruz who is extremely adept in finding holes in the coverage....yet our passing attempts can be described as nothing less than chaotic, every time. Partly due to the offensive lines inability to pass block, and partly due to an inability to get open