SportsWrath

Bench 'Em

Allstarjim

You know, I think both Joe and Tree are both correct in this argument. No one can criticize Bradshaw's heart, competitiveness, desire... but he has to play smarter.

For me it's just looking at this team, they are struggling to sustain and finish drives. The cure for that is big plays. If you have guys sitting on the bench that can make big plays, then why? Wilson can at least, be a scary decoy.

This is one of the things that drives me nuts about Killdrive......is there some sort of law against using Wilson like Sproles? Why not trying lining up Nicks and Cruz as flankers and put Wilson in the slot? At the very least, he's going to draw attention......try to get Wilson the ball, with some space.

And I'd really like to see a two-back set every now and then.....some more motion.....including getting Cruz in motion pre-snap.

Seems like every running play is that fucking delayed draw.

Our 3rd down efficiency is deadful, too. For some reason, this is a team no longer able to sustain drives and it is mind-boggling when you finally have a back who can catch the ball out of the backfield (to me, Wilson can be used like how Philly uses Mccoy, get him more touches by throwing it to him in the flat), a tight end that-- despite having some mental breakdowns-- is athletic and able to get open, and a receiver in Cruz who is extremely adept in finding holes in the coverage....yet our passing attempts can be described as nothing less than chaotic, every time. Partly due to the offensive lines inability to pass block, and partly due to an inability to get open

Updating last week's list:

Third Down Efficiency

Week 5 (Cle): 6/11 - 54%

Week 6 (SF): 5/15 - 33%

Week 7 (Was): 8/12 - 66%

Week 8 (Dal): 3/15 - 20%

Week 9 (Pit): 2/10 - 20%

Week 10 (Cin): 5/14 - 35%

Slight improvement but still shitty.

When you have 4 defenders pulling on the ball, you don't fight for extra yardage...you go down.

If the whole team was filled with Bradshaws they'd have to cancel practice.

:P

You know I am not talking about the injured Bradshaw. He has admitted before that he needs to go down at times and this is where his fumble issues are but it's hard to blame him on Sunday. The team is struggling and I am sure he was just trying to carry the team as best he could. It would be great if all the players showed his heart and hustle every game. When watching Giants' games the Walking Dead show is being aired early. No sense of urgency on offense.

Also what is with Cruz always going down? Clark maybe right that Cruz is scared. Been doing this for a while now also. He has been going down quickly and everybody remembers the non-hit give up that could have been a fumble. He usually tries a juke move and if it doesn't work he gets the fuck down. I get that he doesn't want to be injured with a potential big contract on the line but man up.

Andre Brown is a better runner right now than Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'm not sure about they "why's"......whether Bradshaw is just starting to break down, whether it's because he's injured, isn't practicing, etc.....I think it's a combination of the 3.

I don't think Bradshaw is the electrifying runner he used to be.

I don't think Bradshaw is 100% healthy.

Bradshaw is too injured to practice with the team.

Add up those factors, and the answer (to me) is that we need a new #1 back.

People have defended Bradshaw because of his pass protection, and that the coaches trust him......well, given his recent fumbles (and yesterday's was a potential game changer), and given how rattled Eli has looked in the pocket, I think people are living in the past. And frankly, Bradshaw has always been reckless with the ball.....but I used to accept that because he was also a very explosive runner.

When I look at Brown I see a guy who can run between the tackles, or get outside... can shift to daylight.....will stay patient with his blockers.... can break a tackle and/or surge forward when nothing is there.....who can catch a ball in the flat.....and who is a capable blocker. In short, Brown is a classic "every down" running back.

Bradshaw is a very good blocker when he's healthy.....but he's not the second coming of fucking Anthony Munoz. I'd understand it if we had a couple chumps behind him, but Wilson is a 1st round pick, and Brown has done everything possible to earn the coaches confidence.

Maybe Brown needs to catch a baby that is thrown out of a burning building....I don't know.

:rimshot: