SportsWrath

Giants 1st Round Pick (32) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

parlintm

I think that this is a long-term pick. Since we didnt have any big holes, I was a big proponent of taking the best player available. Granted, I didnt think he was the BPA but he's a damn good football player. Also, since we picked up a third and fourth with the trade, it allowed us to grab the BPA and fill our holes later. This is a pick that will be judged in time. I think he might end up being great.

terrible pick.

Chad Jackson, Demeco Ryans, Jimmy Williams and Gabe Watson all still on the board....and we take ANOTHER DE....which just so happens to be the strongest position on the entire team....

good call EA....

incredibly stupid pick. Chad Jackson or even Lendale White would have been better choices.

Anybody we picked in the first round would have been a backup so that doesnt matter.

negative. Had we picked up a player like Gabe Watson or Jimmy Williams(maybe), they would have been starters.

I thought for sure LenDale White was gonna get picked by the NYG.

:doh:

I was so hoping for it. And so dissapointed.

Shock, that's what I was thinking too...but, still...why not taking a natural LB?

fucking rediculous.... Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, LenDale White we pick another fuckin DE ... we already have Osi Strahan Tuck and Moore why the fuck pick another DE? I hope he can make the transition to OLB.... Fuckin EA way to ruin what could have been an easily great draft with the trade in the 1st...

I was so hoping for it. And so dissapointed.

Shock, that's what I was thinking too...but, still...why not taking a natural LB?

What is fucked up is we picked him with 9:00 still left on the clock! They must have been eyeing this guy for a while... i still think DeMeco Ryans or Chad Jackson would have been better picks at 32

I'm pissed too but you know, EA knows what he's doing. He made this pick awfully quick at 32 with those guys on the board. We said the same thing about Osi. But with Jackson and Justice :brooding:

Any chance we trade up in the second?

WHAT IS ACCORSI THINKING? TWO DEs IN THE PROBOWL THIS YEAR!

Brilliant. We don't have a dire need. Even though I was shocked as anyone at first, I'm not content with Accorsi's brilliance. How would you like to have another Osi in 2 or 3 years? Just in time when Strahan is ready to retire? I'll admit I didn't like what I saw on ESPN the guy lookd slow... but that can be perception since he has long ass legs...

Obviously the Giants saw something in this guy... and I trust our organization.

fucking rediculous.... Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, LenDale White we pick another fuckin DE ... we already have Osi Strahan Tuck and Moore why the fuck pick another DE? I hope he can make the transition to OLB.... Fuckin EA way to ruin what could have been an easily great draft with the trade in the 1st...

*With the 31st pick of the 2006 NFL draft, the NY Giants select Mathias Millinknacas from the University of Boston*

Jackson is at least a year or two away from being a starter too so I'm not upset about passing on him. Also we have Taylor and Carter who still have a chance of breaking out. Justice has more character questions than anybody in this draft, glad we stayed away from him.

Brilliant. We don't have a dire need. Even though I was shocked as anyone at first, I'm not content with Accorsi's brilliance. How would you like to have another Osi in 2 or 3 years? Just in time when Strahan is ready to retire? I'll admit I didn't like what I saw on ESPN the guy lookd slow... but that can be perception since he has long ass legs...

That's what I was thinking. That's the only thing that's gotten me optimistic...

I have a feeling we'll be trading up this round.

Guest Carbo
Jackson is at least a year or two away from being a starter too so I'm not upset about passing on him. Also we have Taylor and Carter who still have a chance of breaking out. Justice has more character questions than anybody in this draft, glad we stayed away from him.
Boy, you're putting a positive spin on this.

but I have been under the impression that that was the point of draftin Justin Tuck...