SportsWrath

Giants 1st Round Pick (32) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

parlintm

but then again who are we to say horrible pick....

who knows how they'll turn out...

i thought OSI was a bad pick back in 03

but Osi..while a reach, atleast filled a need...We needed a DE at that point....Defensive end is, far and away, the strongest position on the football team....

Jimmy Williams, even with all his character questions, would be a much better pick

Chad Jackson would of been a much better pick....

hell...Gabe Watson would atleast start next season....Kiwi will be lucky to see the field...

don't jinx it storm... here comes Daniel Manning in round 2, lol :TD:

Daniel Manning is at least rated second round material by Kiper...and he plays a position we need, at least :P

but Osi..while a reach, atleast filled a need...We needed a DE at that point....Defensive end is, far and away, the strongest position on the football team....

Jimmy Williams, even with all his character questions, would be a much better pick

Chad Jackson would of been a much better pick....

hell...Gabe Watson would atleast start next season....Kiwi will be lucky to see the field...

Not really. We had Kenny Holmes and Strahan and Keith Washington on the bench.

I can see EA's rationalization somewhat behind this pick. It's the fact that there were other guys we could've taken.

Guest Carbo
i may get my sinorice moss yet :P
Boy, that'll just be cream on the cake for me. A bench jockey in the first round, a gimmick in the second.

Not really. We had Kenny Holmes and Strahan and Keith Washington on the bench.

I can see EA's rationalization somewhat behind this pick. It's the fact that there were other guys we could've taken.

....you think Holmes and Washington were starting material......

We had strahan, and old Washington, and a massive under acheiver in Kenny Holmes...

as opposed to today...when we have Strahan, one of the best young premier defensive players in football, and a massivly talented backup who just so happened to cost us a first day pick last year....

This cannot be compared to the Osi pick...

wouldn't mind CB's ricard marshall, or charles gordon either.

CB or WR would be cool with me. There arent any worthwhile RBs left that could take over for Tiki in a couple years (since this years draft theme seems to be build for the future by picking players that wont even play for 3 years).

It sure doesn't screw up our team. But what a waste of an opportunity!

Terrible Pick. Even at 32 we had some great choices...

Could have easily capitalized on that trade and picked a player a lot of experts had us picking at 25.

wouldn't mind CB's ricard marshall, or charles gordon either.

marshall would be a great pick in the 2nd....but Gordon can be had in the 4th or 5th rounds...no reason to reach AGAIN....

Marshall or Youboty(sp?) would be good picks in the second round

marshall would be a great pick in the 2nd....but Gordon can be had in the 4th or 5th rounds...no reason to reach AGAIN....

Marshall or Youboty(sp?) would be good picks in the second round

Youboty is one of the most pro-ready corners in the draft. Him or Cedric Griffin would be a great second rounder.

you guys dont believe we are ready to win NOW? because I do...and I would be picking Lendale White if I was drafting for our future, not a DE that has 3 players as of now that are better than him at DE (Strahan, Osi, and Tuck)...with Osi and Tuck potentially starting 2 years from now, the only way I see Matthias contributing is if he immediately makes the switch to LB.

There's no doubt in my mind we're ready to win now. As shocking as this pick is to all of us, I'm sure EA and the Coaching staff has done their homework. And while DE is not a glaring need, at least the organization believe they drafted the best player available. Filling needs comes in later rounds.

Fine pick in Moss. So we still filled one need and got one guy for the future too. Let's see what we do from here.

See guys, EA knows what he's doing.

.....he still took Kiwi with our first pick...

Now, dont' get me wrong. I have watched a few BC games and Kiwi will probably become a solid player in the NFL...but we had Tuck, who looks like he may be a star in the making, and could have gotten a player like Chad Jackson or Demeco Ryans...this pick is leaving a bad taste in my mouth...

I seriously think Moss was the #1 rated player on the board. EA was planning to get him somehow in the second round seeing that Jackson fell to our slot. And I guess he just didn't like Justice. I can kind of see now why he didn't make these choices...

Well, if we could get Moss in the second, why take Jackson in the first? And I guess we weren't that high on Justice and White. After those two, who else was there? I don't like Williams and I guess the Giants FO agreed.