SportsWrath

Bright spots

Sephiroth

The DTs have been getting nice pressure. When Bernard is getting mentions during games you know the DTs are playing well. On the other hand Osi is being exploited, as usual, by continuously running straight up field and out of plays.

I liked Prince a lot. He played off the receivers at times, but he looked good making tackles, something a lot of players on the NYG actually lack.

Also, Wilson looked really good on the returns. It's too bad we couldn't capitalize on many of them, and if I remember correctly(might be wrong), we didn't capitalize on ANY of them.

Wilson looked amazing on returns, though credit to the entire return team for that. He had nothing but space to run into all night.

He also seems impossible to take down at times, which is awesome. I can't wait until Coughlin trusts him to start running the ball. He'd make a real good addition for the run game.

Hixon did well, especially as he drew Rogers-Cromartie all night, though I felt like our receivers as a whloe should have been able to abuse their secondary while Nnamdi was off the field. If the OLine could have given Eli a few seconds...

Bright Spots:

- Wilson returning kicks.

- Running backs not fumbling.

Head Scratchers:

- Osi being exploited for the weak link he is.

- Brown not getting enough carries.

- Gilbride not mixing it up on that last drive... we HAD time to throw down the middle and spike it.

- Barden playing like he's 5 6"

- Tynes finally shitting the bed.

- That pick in the End Zone Eli threw took the air out of us... but still our D should've been able to hold the Eagles from getting into field goal range... their exploitation of the edges was maddening.

Tynes shit the bed? I don't know, 54yd FGs - I would never bet on Tynes to make those no matter what.

If he usually makes those, and missed, then yeah he shit the bed IMO.

Gotta agree with the new guy.

Tynes has never ever in his career been known to make kicks outside of 50 yard range, fuck I remember a time when members of this board didnt even want to see him attempt a 20 yard FG.

Gotta agree with the new guy.

Tynes has never ever in his career been known to make kicks outside of 50 yard range, fuck I remember a time when members of this board didnt even want to see him attempt a 20 yard FG.

LOL! Wow, I remember that! That was awful. "No tynes, NO, not the 20yd FG"

Wilson looked amazing on returns, though credit to the entire return team for that. He had nothing but space to run into all night.

Otherwise I thought it was a pretty shitty display of football.

One thing that still dwells in my mind about the Wilson's returns (which were HAWESOME!!!!,,,,btw) is just how bad was the Eagles Kick off coverage? was it cause and effect?

A few bright spots for sure, but a lot of things to bitch about....like losing Philips, the seive we call the O-line, a horrible time to throw an interception, poor tackling in the run game, and stupid holding calls, etc.

- As mentioned, looks like we finally have a legitimate return guy. Now if we could stop erasing Wilson's runbacks with dumbass holding / pushing from behind, etc. penalites.

- Prince appears to be getting the feel of the NFL game and will be a future asset

- Hixon was impressive and we have a plethora of fine receivers (and again, if we could stop erasing great catches and yardage with dumbass penalties)

- Hynoski getting another chance to carry the ball instead of only blocking. I think this is a big deal - a lot of people do not know that in H.S., he led his team to 4 straight state championships, running for 7,165 yards and 113 touchdowns and was considered the top FB/RB when recruited to college, but in college was red shirted, then made into a full time blocking FB so he left college early. Point is....the man is big and can run the ball and I'm glad to see TC checking out his ability to carry the ball and I think he has short yardage and red zone possiblities. At 266 lbs, he's a freakin load. After last night, Hynoski has now carried the ball for the second time in his NFL career. His first carry was two weeks ago against TB. Could be interesting to see how this develops.

- JPP remains awesome

- Hill is going to be a stud safety in this league

- We have some quality depth on the d-line, l-backers, and safeties

Tynes shitting the bed? Are you serious?

Oh, that's right we are talking about Nas...the one who kicks 56 yarders in his sleep.

Get real dude. If he missed a 20 to 42 yarder, he shit the bed. I'm not blaming him at all.

What's your obsession with going after my person everytime I voice a different opinion? Yes WE KNOW I used to kick and I had great leg strength.. key word: had.... but it's not like the Giants addressed our kicking situation in offseasons past... we saw Akers go to the 9ers for fucks sake. And we all knew it's only a matter of time till Tynes cost us a game... shit he almost cost us the NFCCG a few years ago. I'm not saying a 54 yarder is a piece of cake but in the Pros, it should be.

Although I wasn't pissed off at Tynes, at the bar my friends I'd made it clear Tynes isn't capable of making 50+ yarders.. not without our collective hearts skip a beat. I'm more ticked off at Osi.. he fucking sucks.

Eli's interception pretty much was the game. As Tree stated on a different thread, he's won so many games for us the past few seasons I'm willing to give him a pass, but some of his decisions last night were down right dumb.

Last I checked we were leading late in that game... Our D failed to make a stop and gave up those last 3 points... So the blame there goes to Fewel.. then shitty ass play calling on our last drive. Then capped by Tynes' weak leg... enough blame to go on all 3 phases of the game.

Still waiting for Lawrence Tynes to actually cost us a game, it's been 5 years.

54 yarder isn't a piece of cake for any kicker, sans for maybe Janikowski and any kicker kicking in Denver. But 54 yards on a slick field, I'd want my offense to get to about a 45 yarder.

Last I checked we were leading late in that game... Our D failed to make a stop and gave up those last 3 points... So the blame there goes to Fewel.. then shitty ass play calling on our last drive. Then capped by Tynes' weak leg... enough blame to go on all 3 phases of the game.

Not really. Lets say he doesn't throw that interception we only score a field goal. It's now 16 to 13 eagles. We make them punt and if things played out like they did last night, we score a quick touchdown. Now up 20 to 16.

Whole different ball game and I'm pretty sure we woulda scored a touchdown on that possession if not for a boneheaded decision.

Defense isn't getting away scott free...every week only a few show up to play. What happened to Webster? He used to be good. Only guys playing on defense are Boley, JPP and Joseph.

Not really. Lets say he doesn't throw that interception we only score a field goal. It's now 16 to 13 eagles. We make them punt and if things played out like they did last night, we score a quick touchdown. Now up 20 to 16.

Whole different ball game and I'm pretty sure we woulda scored a touchdown on that possession if not for a boneheaded decision.

Defense isn't getting away scott free...every week only a few show up to play. What happened to Webster? He used to be good. Only guys playing on defense are Boley, JPP and Joseph.

Yea I'm worried about Webster... hopefully Prince and Hosley get it together soon. In a way I wish we kept Tolefson and traded Osi.. even for a 4th rounder. Fucker is a liability out there and the league knows it.