SportsWrath

Andre Brown...

Nas

Hate to be the one to bring this up, but Brown did have a ruptured achilles tendon a few years ago. Don't expect a long career for the kid. But it will be fun to watch him while we can.

I disagree. Having had the same injury in 2010 (and ouch it was fucking painful and the road to recovery sucked balls). When it heals it heals stronger than before.. granted you lose a little bit of flexibility.. the Achilles I injured is thicker than the healthy one... I don't think that will be a problem at all for Brown.

If he plays this well, it's Bradshaw who will be cut.

Bradshaw and Wilson have guaranteed money while Brown does not. Great for Brown if he breaks 1000 yards this year but it's still Bradshaw and Wilson next season. The Giants are too close to the cap to cut guaranteed money. Also Bradshaw is better then Brown but I guess that's just my opinion.

Bradshaw and Wilson have guaranteed money while Brown does not. Great for Brown if he breaks 1000 yards this year but it's still Bradshaw and Wilson next season. The Giants are too close to the cap to cut guaranteed money. Also Bradshaw is better then Brown but I guess that's just my opinion.

I can see your point but so far this year.. Brown has been superb.

I can see your point but so far this year.. Brown has been superb.

Definitely. Not a bad problem to have, whatsoever, though. I would love to see us with 3 RBs who we just go with the hot hand on a given Sunday....I would also really like to see us utilize screens (because, I think for once, we have athletes on the outside---Cruz and Nicks and even Barden are excellent blockers, and at RB---Wilson----who I think have the speed and skill to effectively run a well-designed screen for once), designed swing passes, and passes designed to get the ball in the running backs hands. I know we have guys on the outside that can spread the field but adding that extra dimension to the passing game makes us that much more dangerous. Think what a guy like Darren Sproles adds to just about any offense he goes to....

Definitely. Not a bad problem to have, whatsoever, though. I would love to see us with 3 RBs who we just go with the hot hand on a given Sunday....I would also really like to see us utilize screens (because, I think for once, we have athletes on the outside---Cruz and Nicks and even Barden are excellent blockers, and at RB---Wilson----who I think have the speed and skill to effectively run a well-designed screen for once), designed swing passes, and passes designed to get the ball in the running backs hands. I know we have guys on the outside that can spread the field but adding that extra dimension to the passing game makes us that much more dangerous. Think what a guy like Darren Sproles adds to just about any offense he goes to....

Spot on.

Screens would be a very welcome addition to our palate of plays.........unfortunately to be a good screen team you need to really practice and choreograph it to do it well.........Coughlin has never been a big screen guy, and that's a shame

Have you even bothered to watch the Giants since 2004?

Tiki, Ward, Ware, Bardshaw,and the WR screens.

I have no idea what you are talking about Jack but if anything Coughlin and Silly Gilly made a living off the screen with Tiki and Ward atleast.

Ware got his share of screens as well.

I really expected a younger running back to step up this season, but so far its not who I thought. In 2009 I was almost as high on Andre Brown as I am David Wilson, so I'm not entirely surprised at how well he is playing. I couldn't understand how he was bouncing around the league when DJ Ware was on our roster. Thank god they came to their senses.

And on the screen game... I believe they have a few at the back of the playbook that we'll see against the Eagles. Babin can be exploited.

I really expected a younger running back to step up this season, but so far its not who I thought. In 2009 I was almost as high on Andre Brown as I am David Wilson, so I'm not entirely surprised at how well he is playing. I couldn't understand how he was bouncing around the league when DJ Ware was on our roster. Thank god they came to their senses.

And on the screen game... I believe they have a few at the back of the playbook that we'll see against the Eagles. Babin can be exploited.

Brown has always looked pretty good in the limited times I've seen him in preseason. Always ran hard. Now, he's running like a man with something to prove--and he does have something to prove, he was a 4th round pick after all--no slouch draft slot. But you can tell he's on a mission and he pumps himself up like he's the Terminator or something.

Have you even bothered to watch the Giants since 2004?

Tiki, Ward, Ware, Bardshaw,and the WR screens.

I have no idea what you are talking about Jack but if anything Coughlin and Silly Gilly made a living off the screen with Tiki and Ward atleast.

Ware got his share of screens as well.

True, but we've never been really adept at it, I'm thinking it was more the design of the plays but I dunno....

Bradshaw was at his best when Jacobs was running well too. Having a straight-ahead runner like Brown being effective and wearing down D's could help raise Bradshaw's game too.

Agreed.

Bradshaw was at his best as a change of pace back behind Jacobs. That combination was the most effective, for both RBs.

I think Bradshaw has lost a step, probably because he's never 100%. And the fact that he can't practice with the line during the week on a fulltime basis doesn't help at all.

Agreed.

Bradshaw was at his best as a change of pace back behind Jacobs. That combination was the most effective, for both RBs.

I think Bradshaw has lost a step, probably because he's never 100%. And the fact that he can't practice with the line during the week on a fulltime basis doesn't help at all.

And Bradshaw having a lesser load can help expedite his healing as well as keep him fresh for the latter part of the season.