SportsWrath

Andre Brown...

Nas

Bradshaw has had some amazing runs in his career. I don't think he's out of gas yet and seeing Brown shine in his absence will probably put the old fire back in his belly to prove he's not ready to give up his starting job. Wilson is going to be a great RB, but he's still going to Kindergarten in the NFL and needs to be brought up to speed slowly and systematically so he's on the same page with every member of the team. He'll get there, but it might take a year or two.

I wouldn't throw Bradshaw under the bus yet. If anything, the new competition at his spot will put a big fire under his ass and that could benefit everyone. The starting job was handed to him with no questions asked and he inherited the role of primary RB. That was before last night's game. Everything about Bradshaw's job changed after last night and TC makes every player "earn their role". The job is no longer just hanging over Bradshaw as a given. That could be a great thing.

Not throwing Bradshaw under the bus but age and injuries seem to have slowed him down quite a bit... I love his tough running for someone his size.. but it seems with running backs, they just hit a wall (see BJ) and we keep hoping to see them go back to the old them... 2 games is not enough to measure a RB but what we've seen from Brown is quite remarkable.

Not throwing Bradshaw under the bus but age and injuries seem to have slowed him down quite a bit... I love his tough running for someone his size.. but it seems with running backs, they just hit a wall (see BJ) and we keep hoping to see them go back to the old them... 2 games is not enough to measure a RB but what we've seen from Brown is quite remarkable.

One of the things that might work against Bradshaw (besides his age and injuries), is that we gave him a backloaded 4-year, 18 million dollar contract. He makes 3 milion this year; 3.75 million, (6.25 million against the cap) next year; and 4 million (6.5 million against the cap) the following year.

When dealing with salary cap issues, it is not in your favor to be making 15 to 25 times more than the guy who is doing the job as good or better than you. I honestly think his salary is the biggest thing going against him by next year.

One of the things that might work against Bradshaw (besides his age and injuries), is that we gave him a backloaded 4-year, 18 million dollar contract. He makes 3 milion this year; 3.75 million, (6.25 million against the cap) next year; and 4 million (6.5 million against the cap) the following year.

When dealing with salary cap issues, it is not in your favor to be making 15 to 25 times more than the guy who is doing the job as good or better than you. I honestly think his salary is the biggest thing going against him by next year.

I believe Bradshaw could be asked to restructure next year to allow, in part, for Cruz to be paid. I think that Rolle could do the same, especially if Will Hill continues to develop.

I believe Bradshaw could be asked to restructure next year to allow, in part, for Cruz to be paid. I think that Rolle could do the same, especially if Will Hill continues to develop.

Very good point.

When I look at the salaries, it's amazing that Wilson, Randle, Hosley, Robinson, Hill, Ojomo, etc., all make NFL minimum wage (390,000). You know a few of those guys are going to become the real deal and be looking for a payout one day. Salary cap concerns really forces teams to lose their better players or get them to restructure. Rolle pulling in nearly 7 million this year is not going to cut it once JPP, Kiwi, etc., are looking for their payday. We have to pay JPP whatever he demands when his day comes.

Very good point.

When I look at the salaries, it's amazing that Wilson, Randle, Hosley, Robinson, Hill, Ojomo, etc., all make NFL minimum wage (390,000). You know a few of those guys are going to become the real deal and be looking for a payout one day. Salary cap concerns really forces teams to lose their better players or get them to restructure. Rolle pulling in nearly 7 million this year is not going to cut it once JPP, Kiwi, etc., are looking for their payday. We have to pay JPP whatever he demands when his day comes.

If I'm not mistaken Rolle makes $9M+. this alone tells me our Salary cap situation can be solved with 1 to 3 players either restructuring or cut. and it seems we have some very good up and coming young guns who are being groomed... I see Wilson replacing Bradshaw on the team sooner than later.

If I'm not mistaken Rolle makes $9M+. this alone tells me our Salary cap situation can be solved with 1 to 3 players either restructuring or cut. and it seems we have some very good up and coming young guns who are being groomed... I see Wilson replacing Bradshaw on the team sooner than later.

I think Rolle's salary is in the 7 million range, but his cap hit is higher.

EDIT: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap-hit/ <--Look at me remembering shit

I think Rolle's salary is in the 7 million range, but his cap hit is higher.

Yeah....it's 6.9 million this year, but the fuzzy math that is the salary cap means it will count more than that against the cap. Not sure how that works, but that's what I read.

Yeah....it's 6.9 million this year, but the fuzzy math that is the salary cap means it will count more than that against the cap. Not sure how that works, but that's what I read.

Dude, use the link in my previous post that I edited in. Makes salary cap talk much easier.

Asking Rolle to restructure would likely mean extending his contract, shifting salary to bonus money, and decreasing salary in extended years.

You mean ask him to cut his salary, not restructure (which would mean taking salary money as bonus up-front and spreading the cap hit out over the remaining years).

Restructure his contract, so that salary becomes guaranteed and spread out over the length of his contract...yes. However, given he only has this and next year remaining on his deal, shifting salary to guaranteed doesn't do much good. That's why I'd couple this with an extension where his salary is lower. More or less, Rolle would get his money guaranteed up front whereas the Giants would get a longer contract and salary cap relief.

Not writing Bradshaw off, but Brown has no doubtedly cut into what Bradshaw's carries were going to be for the year

Well Bradshaw was going to share carries anyway. This will impact Wilson more so but rookies always need time to develop anyway. Good for Brown but no matter how well he plays this year I doubt the Giants can afford to bring him back next year anyway.

Well Bradshaw was going to share carries anyway. This will impact Wilson more so but rookies always need time to develop anyway. Good for Brown but no matter how well he plays this year I doubt the Giants can afford to bring him back next year anyway.

ha?

Rookie legs and a veteran brain. We might have another Victor Cruz type situation brewing. If the Giants can build off last night and rediscover their ground game I'm not sure there's a more dangerous and balanced offense in the league.

On the other side of the ball, those young DBs seem to settle in quite nicely..

On the other side of the ball, those young DBs seem to settle in quite nicely..

Well they were covering Brandon LaFell-down.....and an old as shit Steve Smith....Greg Olsen still pretty much tore our safeties up....