SportsWrath

Andre Brown...

Nas

Brown showed alot of stuff.

His pass blocking looked great

His ball security looked great

His overall awareness was phenomenal, he always made the right decision from my eye.

His hands are good.

He doesn't dance and runs straight for the Hole, runs north south and neither Bradshaw or Wilson do this.

His vision and poise were impressive.

Idk WTF happend but I've never seen any of this from Brown. He definitely earned some PT

Brown showed alot of stuff.

His pass blocking looked great

His ball security looked great

His overall awareness was phenomenal, he always made the right decision from my eye.

His hands are good.

He doesn't dance and runs straight for the Hole, runs north south and neither Bradshaw or Wilson do this.

His vision and poise were impressive.

Idk WTF happend but I've never seen any of this from Brown. He definitely earned some PT

Agreed 100%....at the very least, the Giants can trust him with all phases of the game.....he's a 3 down power back.

You should check out the 2009 draft scouting reports on him.....all the strengths (power, blocking, ball security) were mentioned.

We've found our new Brandon Jacobs. He ran the ball well and with authority. Pleasantly surprised that he has finally found his game. Now everyone pray that this was not a one game fluke because we need him to keep performing at this level to get through the season.

Heres' a scouting report I mentioned previously...

I highlighted some of the stuff I saw against the Bucs.....obviously just one game. But if he keeps it up, it would be terrific.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009abrown.php

Athletic Ability

Brown is a very good athlete at RB. He shows very good quickness and balance when exploding through a hole. Brown has very quick feet that help him to get into position to pick up blitz or get through the hole quickly. He changes directions good but not great; he has a tendency to get to the line and chop his feet and dance instead keep moving to find the opening. Brown is a north-south type of runner and has good coordination keeping his balance while running hard downhill.

Competitiveness

Brown is a tough player with a lot of inconsistency. His production on the season is all over the place and his consistency in running the ball is also all over the place. Brown is a good team player and has a lot of pride which is evident in his desire to pick up the block. You can attribute some of his inconsistent production to the offensive system which uses a lot of passing but even when he touched the ball 20 times or more he only went over a 100 once. Brown's patience as a runner also causes him to dance and hesitate too much which attributes to his sporadic production.

Mental Alertness

Brown does a real good job of recognizing the blitzes and picking up the right guy in protection. His instincts are good at times and then it's as if he forgot what he was doing because he just runs into the line or is hesitant taking off for the hole. Brown's concentration level stays fairly good throughout the game except sometimes when running the ball he gets a little off track.

Strength/Explosion

Brown has a very good frame to play RB. He is strong and quick with very good explosion through the hole when he utilizes it. Brown's strength has no problem picking up bigger LBs. He plays much stronger than 224lbs. When Brown is not hesitant when running the ball he explodes very well and has no problem running through arm tackles and is usually falling forward when he is tackled.

Strengths

Brown is a strong runner and runs through tackles. He blocks very well and has no trouble picking up blitzing linebackers. Brown has strong hands and he carries the ball very strong which allowed him to have 0 fumbles in his career at NC State. Brown shows good enough instincts that allow him to be successful between the tackles.

Weaknesses

Brown has consistency problems especially in production. His production for his career especially 2008 was all over the place. He has a tendency to be very indecisive with the ball which causes loss of yardage and poor decision making. Brown's biggest asset as a runner between the tackles also makes him a 1 dimensional back which is easier for the defense to stuff him.

Summary

Brown is a very good running back with some consistency problems. At times you see him run hard and explosive and pick up good positive yardage and other times you see him be very indecisive and dance around which allows him to be tackled for a loss. His change of direction and cut back ability need to be worked on and I think that is probably his biggest need of improvement. With strengthening his cut back abilities Brown could become a very valuable and versatile back. Brown's ability to recognize the blitz and be a very good blocker makes him a viable prospect to make an impact sooner rather than later on an NFL franchise.

I'm really happy for the guy. You couldn't get the smile off his face with a surgeon's knife.

That first run where he plowed into the head of the tackler was awesome. I haven't seen punishing running like that since Walter Payton. Well....for a time, Jacobs punished the tacklers....but he turned into a very large dancing RB after awhile. I remember Payton's main goal was to hit the tackler so hard that it hurts them and they become jumpy and tentative to hit him giving him an advantage.

I like that he's bigger and bulkier than Bradshaw. He's a better compliment to Bradshaw than is Wilson. If he continues to run like he did last night, there will be a lot of "3rd and short" turned into "1st and tens" and he's a legitimate threat in the red zone. I love the way he never hesitated and slammed right into the hole in the middle the way real running backs are supposed to do it.

I suspect he'll get a lot of playing time this year and that some point in the future, it will be the Brown and Wilson show - the bruiser and the scat back.

I'm really happy for the guy. You couldn't get the smile off his face with a surgeon's knife.

That first run where he plowed into the head of the tackler was awesome. I haven't seen punishing running like that since Walter Payton. Well....for a time, Jacobs punished the tacklers....but he turned into a very large dancing RB after awhile. I remember Payton's main goal was to hit the tackler so hard that it hurts them and they become jumpy and tentative to hit him giving him an advantage.

I like that he's bigger and bulkier than Bradshaw. He's a better compliment to Bradshaw than is Wilson. If he continues to run like he did last night, there will be a lot of "3rd and short" turned into "1st and tens" and he's a legitimate threat in the red zone. I love the way he never hesitated and slammed right into the hole in the middle the way real running backs are supposed to do it.

I suspect he'll get a lot of playing time this year and that some point in the future, it will be the Brown and Wilson show - the bruiser and the scat back.

More like Wilson is a better compliment to him than Bradshaw... Bradshaw is fading and hopefully Wilson gets his act together quickly.. Maybe too early but I can easily see Brown, Wilson, Scott as our 1 2 3 RB

Yeah, I'm not one to condone losing a starting position due to injury, but two performances in a row like this is pretty remarkable. At the very least, Bradshaw's carries are going to be reduced and we'll be lucky to see much of Wilson this year. With Wilson and Brown, yeah, I think our RB stable is set for a while.

Of note too, is that Brown did it last week with the same line that Bradshaw had. So keep that in mind when someone tells you the line played a lot better this week and give that as the reason Brown ran better. Not debating that the line played better, they did, but that's not the whole reason Brown was the better RB.

Brown showing patience on some runs and hitting the hole hard on others was what I found most impressive.

More like Wilson is a better compliment to him than Bradshaw... Bradshaw is fading and hopefully Wilson gets his act together quickly.. Maybe too early but I can easily see Brown, Wilson, Scott as our 1 2 3 RB

Bradshaw has had some amazing runs in his career. I don't think he's out of gas yet and seeing Brown shine in his absence will probably put the old fire back in his belly to prove he's not ready to give up his starting job. Wilson is going to be a great RB, but he's still going to Kindergarten in the NFL and needs to be brought up to speed slowly and systematically so he's on the same page with every member of the team. He'll get there, but it might take a year or two.

I wouldn't throw Bradshaw under the bus yet. If anything, the new competition at his spot will put a big fire under his ass and that could benefit everyone. The starting job was handed to him with no questions asked and he inherited the role of primary RB. That was before last night's game. Everything about Bradshaw's job changed after last night and TC makes every player "earn their role". The job is no longer just hanging over Bradshaw as a given. That could be a great thing.