SportsWrath

Five Giants injuries suffered in the Jets game

BleedinBlue

From BBI:

• DE Justin Tuck appeared to injure his neck or shoulder early in the game. He eventually returned, but he was bothered by neck/shoulder injuries all of last season.
  • CB Jayron Hosley injured his right foot and was wearing a protective boot after the game. He will undergo tests to determine the severity of the injury. “I couldn’t really tell you right now,” said Hosley. “A little something in there. I just need to get some more tests on it.”
  • DE Adrian Tracy injured his hamstring and will undergo an MRI. “We don’t know how bad it is,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin after the game.
  • LB Mark Herzlich suffered a hip pointer. Further tests are also likely. “We don’t know how bad it is,” said Coughlin.
  • HB Ahmad Bradshaw injured his hand in the game. X-rays were negative and he said the injury was a popped cyst. “There’s no break and he’s got a swollen hand,” said Coughlin.

I don't see anything that will hinder that team's chances of a good season yet. Tuck would be a big loss, but it looks like he won't be shelved for his injury.

I don't think so, Seph, I think Hosley is a slot guy, and they won't put him on the outside unless we take further injury to the projected starters. I like Hosley in the slot, but there might be diminishing returns if he goes to the outside.

So far Hosely has looked better than "the Mook." I think he might get the second corner spot if T2 isn't ready.

I say we dont even play Prince at all, I say we just keep him on the bench and always just talk about his potential of being a starting corner.

Amukamara isn’t sure when he’ll stop being the brunt of rookie-type punishment. He claims the veterans have told him he has three more regular-season games before he’s considered one of them, though it’s possible he misinterpreted their referencing the preseason games.

In the meantime, he’s apparently not partaking in the tradition of picking on rookies. In fact, after third-round pick Jayron Hosley dropped the ball in the end zone as he celebrated a 77-yard interception return for a touchdown on Saturday, Amukamara went and picked up the football so Hosley could keep it for posterity.

“I did,” Amukamara said. “Yeah, because you’re not thinking. You just made a play for the team, you just want to go celebrate with your teammates and you forget the ball. … I just tried to hurry up and get the ball for him so he could keep it as his first touchdown.”

Isn't that the game that basically ended Sehorn's career.

C. Wagon

Yeah, cuz he wanted to return kicks and Jimmy Fassel let him. In a pre-season game.

In all seriousness, that guy was a top 3 corner for 1996 and in 1997 you couldn't throw on him. At all. That's how good that dude was, that knee injury fucked his career so badly. The Giants had to draft Will "I've got no hands Allen" and Will Peterson/James/Hamstring Pull in 2001.

Yeah, cuz he wanted to return kicks and Jimmy Fassel let him. In a pre-season game.

In all seriousness, that guy was a top 3 corner for 1996 and in 1997 you couldn't throw on him. At all. That's how good that dude was, that knee injury fucked his career so badly. The Giants had to draft Will "I've got no hands Allen" and Will Peterson/James/Hamstring Pull in 2001.

Hence the saying - Where there is a will, there is a completion

Manos de Piedra