SportsWrath

Giants Waive Clint Sintim

Mr. P

seems like a waste of money, lol

I don't think the Giants are hurting for money. It's a very profitable organization.....especially when you are winning. These guys come in for minimum pay just so they can have a team give them a look. I wouldn't mind picking up 35 grand for a couple weeks of work and then find out I didn't make the team.

NJ.com is saying that we have probably signed Marcus Thomas. I believe he could be a solid DT for us. They also have an article saying that Austin's back does not look promising.

I don't think the Giants are hurting for money. It's a very profitable organization.....especially when you are winning. These guys come in for minimum pay just so they can have a team give them a look. I wouldn't mind picking up 35 grand for a couple weeks of work and then find out I didn't make the team.

NJ.com is saying that we have probably signed Marcus Thomas. I believe he could be a solid DT for us. They also have an article saying that Austin's back does not look promising.

I would have rather resigned Aaron Ross than messed with 6 DTs that won't be making the team.

Regardless of being a profitable organization, there are still cap issues. At least, cap issues is what I'm assuming led to us signing 2 players in free agency and not resigning any of our own.

From RantSports

"
The New York Giants are bringing in former Broncos defensive tackle
Marcus Thomas
for a visit today. If signed, Thomas could bring much added depth and beef to a depleted defensive line.

Thomas has good size at the defensive tackle position at 6-4 and 317 lbs and is known more for his ability to stop the run. He is a former fourth round pick in 2007 for the Broncos. Thomas is more suited for a 4-3 scheme like the Giants than the 3-4 scheme that was run for a time while he was in Denver. Denver apparently offered Thomas a contract during the off-season which he declined.

The Giants need some additional help at the defensive tackle spot. They signed
Oren Wilson
and
Carlton Powell
yesterday, but may not be satisfied with just doing that. With
Shaun Rogers
being out for the year and
Martin Parker
being waived due to the back injury suffered in the first preseason game, they had to do something.

The Giants strength is their pass rush, but if teams are just running up the gut on you, it doesn’t matter what kind of pass rush you can generate. The Giants are going about it the right way. You bring in as many bodies as you can and maybe you get lucky and one or two stick and become pretty good players for you. It wouldn’t shock me if they remain active on the waiver wire trying to pick up another tackle or two if they players they bring in aren’t up to snuff"

Yes, we will find a gem out there that has been sitting on the free agent wire for the past 5 or 6 months of free agency without any real, structured offseason.

The guy says it himself. The chances of finding a guy who isn't completely worthless at this time of the offseason is next to nothing until cuts come.

But hey, if you don't want to see guys like Kuhn and Hendricks playing against first teamers in the preseason, by all means, sign 6 useless defensive tackles who haven't been on a team since, at the least, the previous season, if ever at all.

Camp bodies are one thing but bringing like 5 of them reeks of a "sky is falling" mentality. They must not expect much from Austin and we must have the shoddiest DTs in the league. Most of the injured guys will be ready for the season, except maybe Canty.

Yes, we will find a gem out there that has been sitting on the free agent wire for the past 5 or 6 months of free agency without any real, structured offseason.

The guy says it himself. The chances of finding a guy who isn't completely worthless at this time of the offseason is next to nothing until cuts come.

But hey, if you don't want to see guys like Kuhn and Hendricks playing against first teamers in the preseason, by all means, sign 6 useless defensive tackles who haven't been on a team since, at the least, the previous season, if ever at all.

Camp bodies are one thing but bringing like 5 of them reeks of a "sky is falling" mentality. They must not expect much from Austin and we must have the shoddiest DTs in the league. Most of the injured guys will be ready for the season, except maybe Canty.

In the last five years, what has got you thinking the Giants don't know how to build personnel for a team?

In the last five years, what has got you thinking the Giants don't know how to build personnel for a team?

Hmmm, linebacker position, maybe? How about the entire defensive backfield that's been shaky for years? Up until the late 2000s, the WR position was being shored up by team's former first round picks and even THEY still sucked. One year, we even signed Herman Moore for a day or two.

It really took a miracle for us to have the WR corps that we did last year. Otherwise, it would have been Eli forcing the ball to Hakeem Nicks every pass play.

I would have rather resigned Aaron Ross than messed with 6 DTs that won't be making the team.

Regardless of being a profitable organization, there are still cap issues. At least, cap issues is what I'm assuming led to us signing 2 players in free agency and not resigning any of our own.

These guys we're signing for a few weeks and cutting don't count against the cap.

Well not unless we'd pay them enough to make them one of the 51 highest salaries on the team, which we obviously aren't.

-Z

Competition is a good thing storm. Puts a fire under the feet of the guys you mentioned that will make the team. If it wasn't for competition among a bunch of scrubs, we never would have found Cruz. We could have kept Sinorace Moss and let him play with the first teamers, but this nobody guy named Cruz came out of nowhere and beat him out.....hell, he beat Smith out for that matter as well.

I repeat.....you can never go wrong with plenty of competition. Plus, it saves wear and tear on the body of the guys with contracts like Kuhn. And I doubt Hendricks is going anywhere but up. The only DT coming in that might shake things up is Marcus Thomas and the one who needs to be worried is Austin if he can't get that back working again.

These guys we're signing for a few weeks and cutting don't count against the cap.

Well not unless we'd pay them enough to make them one of the 51 highest salaries on the team, which we obviously aren't.

-Z

Well, that's cool, then

Welcome to the Giants, where the organization while Jerry Reese has been in charge has only ever stressed that you cannot have enough depth on the defensive line!.So what if we signed 2 scrubs, Reese exposed his hand years ago regarding his thoughts.

Hmmm, linebacker position, maybe? How about the entire defensive backfield that's been shaky for years? Up until the late 2000s, the WR position was being shored up by team's former first round picks and even THEY still sucked. One year, we even signed Herman Moore for a day or two.

It really took a miracle for us to have the WR corps that we did last year. Otherwise, it would have been Eli forcing the ball to Hakeem Nicks every pass play.

Maybe you didn't get my point, in the last five plus years the Giants have built a two time Superbowl winning team with the person they have drafted, brought in or signed.

Welcome to the Giants, where the organization while Jerry Reese has been in charge has only ever stressed that you cannot have enough depth on the defensive line!.So what if we signed 2 scrubs, Reese exposed his hand years ago regarding his thoughts.

Yet instead of proactively preventing such things, the Giants, and Reese, will continue this reactive crap until one day, they DON'T luck out and it DOESN'T work out. You have Marvin Austin, who apparently is going to be injured his entire career, so they bring in a 33+ DT with nothing left in the tank who has done nothing in the last 3-4 years and throw a 7th round pick at the position. Full well knowing Chris Canty is a huge question mark health wise. Then, you have an entire secondary that is constantly injured so you fail to resign the one CB who has been relatively healthy.

There ya have it. THIS is what I don't get. You can only luck out so many times.

Maybe you didn't get my point, in the last five plus years the Giants have built a two time Superbowl winning team with the person they have drafted, brought in or signed.

And in the years we didn't, a huge part of that reason was because we ignored entire positions in the offseason. Like the secondary.

And in the years we didn't, a huge part of that reason was because we ignored entire positions in the offseason. Like the secondary.

Show me a single team that is solid at every single position across the field from back ups to starters.

Every team goes into the season usually lacking at one if not more positions. The trick is hiding those positions and making up for it with the stronger positions and coaching.

I'll leave it to the staff that has obviously gotten some sort of winning formula right.

Competition is a good thing storm. Puts a fire under the feet of the guys you mentioned that will make the team. If it wasn't for competition among a bunch of scrubs, we never would have found Cruz. We could have kept Sinorace Moss and let him play with the first teamers, but this nobody guy named Cruz came out of nowhere and beat him out.....hell, he beat Smith out for that matter as well.

I repeat.....you can never go wrong with plenty of competition. Plus, it saves wear and tear on the body of the guys with contracts like Kuhn. And I doubt Hendricks is going anywhere but up. The only DT coming in that might shake things up is Marcus Thomas and the one who needs to be worried is Austin if he can't get that back working again.

Well said, Bleedin.

Storm, when you're hungry you really turn into a diva. :girlfight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pnjtxfIJDE

Well said, Bleedin.

Storm, when you're hungry you really turn into a diva. :girlfight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pnjtxfIJDE

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't bitched at anyone. Merely stating my opinion on this. I think the way they've managed certain position has been piss-poor over the last couple years. And some year, I hope it's not this year, it's going to bite us in the ass.

I've kind of always maintained that Reese has been bailed out by his players or lucked out more than he's made "good football moves". If Cruz doesn't step up last season, we never win a Super Bowl. And it was pure luck and Eli making it that way, that Ballard was halfway decent

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't bitched at anyone. Merely stating my opinion on this. I think the way they've managed certain position has been piss-poor over the last couple years. And some year, I hope it's not this year, it's going to bite us in the ass.

I've kind of always maintained that Reese has been bailed out by his players or lucked out more than he's made "good football moves". If Cruz doesn't step up last season, we never win a Super Bowl. And it was pure luck and Eli making it that way, that Ballard was halfway decent

You're echoing what SF and GB said recently.. we got lucky. Every team gets "lucky"... you just can't argue with success. Have we had a losing season in the Eli Coughlin era? What team in the NFL had had more success than the Giants? How many teams have won the SB more than once recently?

You're echoing what SF and GB said recently.. we got lucky. Every team gets "lucky"... you just can't argue with success. Have we had a losing season in the Eli Coughlin era? What team in the NFL had had more success than the Giants? How many teams have won the SB more than once recently?

The way certain positions worked out like they did, was pure luck....Cruz had shown flashes but injured himself and IIRC didn't do much in the preseason last year and it was only a freak knee injury to Domenik Hixon that allowed him to really even see the field. Manning made Ballard a legitimate threat but the dude lacked the speed, route running ability, and hands to ever be a starter on another football team.

The way certain positions worked out like they did, was pure luck....Cruz had shown flashes but injured himself and IIRC didn't do much in the preseason last year and it was only a freak knee injury to Domenik Hixon that allowed him to really even see the field. Manning made Ballard a legitimate threat but the dude lacked the speed, route running ability, and hands to ever be a starter on another football team.

Look... you don't just stomp on the Jets, butt-fuck the cowboys, manhandle Atlanta, sodomize Green Bay, and suffocate SF only to Tea-bag Brady and the Patriots on your way to your 2nd SB in 5 years.. just on pure luck. We won fair and square... I can argue that our 2 losses to the skins and the loss to the seahawks was pure luck... we were easily a 12-4 team.

Look... you don't just stomp on the Jets, butt-fuck the cowboys, manhandle Atlanta, sodomize Green Bay, and suffocate SF only to Tea-bag Brady and the Patriots on your way to your 2nd SB in 5 years.. just on pure luck. We won fair and square... I can argue that our 2 losses to the skins and the loss to the seahawks was pure luck... we were easily a 12-4 team.

Luck always plays a part in football.....but it cuts both ways. To try and mathmatically devise an algorithm to determine where a football bounces would be ludicrous - where that ball goes is as predictable as a roulette table. I say that the Cowboys were lucky to find undrafted Mile Austin who turned out to be their stud receiver repeatedly beating out guys with much bigger names and reputations.

Regardless....all teams have some luck go their way.....it's what the team does with the luck that separates champions from losers and heroes from goats. Giants deserve all the credit for their success because they took advantage of the breaks that went their way and they didn't fold every time the breaks didn't go their way.

Luck always plays a part in football.....but it cuts both ways. To try and mathmatically devise an algorithm to determine where a football bounces would be ludicrous - where that ball goes is as predictable as a roulette table. I say that the Cowboys were lucky to find undrafted Mile Austin who turned out to be their stud receiver repeatedly beating out guys with much bigger names and reputations.

Regardless....all teams have some luck go their way.....it's what the team does with the luck that separates champions from losers and heroes from goats. Giants deserve all the credit for their success because they took advantage of the breaks that went their way and they didn't fold every time the breaks didn't go their way.

"The harder I work, the luckier I get" I don't know whose saying it's but it's true.

Luck shmuck...

We've had one losing season in the Coughlin era, and that was in his first year, and what that means is that we've consistently put ourselves in a position to win. The "luck" has gone against us just as often as it has gone for us. People are very quick to take our SB's away from us on account of the "luck" that helped us get there. Screw that. No one awarded us anything in 08' when our 11-1 team went to hell on account of the "bad luck" of Plaxico shooting himself. No one gave us a get in the playoffs free card in 2010 when we were 10-6 and were almost 11-5 if not for a crazy 4th quarter meltdown and miracle play. (Did we let the Eagles win!!!??? :doh: ) Twas just "bad luck" that 10-6 wasn't good enough for the playoffs that year. I mean seriously. Are people that blind? This team is very competitive every single year. Sometimes things break for us, sometimes they break against us, that's just the way it goes.

In my best Joe Beningo, "Stop it". This team has shown it's capable of dancing with any team in this league on any stage, home or away (well except the Saints in the dome :furious:). Respect it, or reveal your ignorance/bitterness/hate.

That is all.

-Z

What a lot of fans and the media do not realize is the Giants evolved last year

The team that lost that 1st game to the Skins could hardly have beaten anyone........the one that beat the Packers could hardly have lost to anyone

Hopefully despite all the changes we continue apace

Also I just don't buy the Plaxico excuse........I've seen a lot of NFL teams charge out of the gate only to fizzle at the end.....that team was in over its head Plaxico or no Plaxico

This team has a much more solid pedigree