SportsWrath

Giants Waive Clint Sintim

Mr. P

Not really on the Storm bandwagon about the defensive backs and the defensive tackles. Aaron Ross missed plenty of time due to injuries and the guy even questioned his commitment to play the game back in 2008 and 2009.

I'm not willing to label Amukamara injury proned because broken bones are freak injuries. If it were a constant hamstring, quad, duanum acting up that's a different story.

If I were Storm, and I am not..because I'm willing to admit when I am wrong. I'd be lying to you if I wasn't concerned about the offensive line, especially the left tackle position. Historically, Sean Locklear has never been good at left tackle and from what I've read through twitter from the Giants beats is that they trust Diehl at Left tackle, they want him to play right tackle this year and beyond. Last year Beatty got poked in the eye and now it's his back, which for a left tackle is extremely alarming. Add to the fact that he's our age (24-25) that could be a problem his whole career.

You can criticize Jerry Reese all you want, but he's been right on not signing guys like Steve Smith, James Butler, Kevin Boss and players of that nature. As good as Pat Flaherty is, you've got to inject the offensive line with some legit talent and not projects. The Patriots massively fucked that up by not trading out of the 18th pick and drafting Nate Solder. He'd have looked good in Giants blue. The jury is still out on that though...Prince could be really good.

I'm praying Prince turns it around.. it's not looking pretty so far... too early I know.

Solder has looked underwhelming every time I've seen him. Sometimes, just horribly bad. I realize it's early in his career, but I'm talking about the first preseason game... you'd like to see your first round pick from LAST season look competent, or at least, passable. He was terrible last week. But nobody's career is decided in preseason of their sophomore year. So we will see. So far, I think we dodged a bullet, getting Prince instead of Solder.

BTW, GG, great post. And LMAO at the comment about Storm. :LMAO: :Smiley_StirringShit:

But I agree with the concern about the offensive line. We have great pass rushers in our division, and the NFL is a copy-cat league, so teams are loading up on pass rushers to emulate the NYG! We need guys that can keep Eli upright. I share your concerns about LT, but also, I worry about Snee and Diehl on the right side.

With respect to Beatty, remember Petitgout? For awhile he was the human false start. But for a time he was a pretty damn good LT. But back issues really derailed his career with us. I know he went to Tampa afterwards and I'm not really sure how he faired there. But back injuries can be the type that linger, as you noted. Hopefully, Beatty can get some good physical therapy, get right, and lock down that LT spot for us. Or else I agree, LT is going to be a huge problem.

Just some friendly ball busting. I've got no ill will towards Storm in the least.

With regards to his opinions on the DTs. Before this game the Giants had what? 3 healthy ones. I'm all for in favor of signing a few guys to take snaps away from the guys who will make the team...last thing we need is for Rocky Bernard to get hurt and then our defensive tackle depth will be non existent.

Unfortunately, footballs cap dynamics aren't like baseballs. You can't pay every body, and I am sure the Giants would have loved Ross back...at there price. Also, lets be honest here...like I stated above...guys like Kevin Boss, James Butler, Steve Smith, etc, etc haven't exactly been on fire for their respective teams.

Reese isn't telfon though...he did a dog shit job in 2009 in regards to defensive back depth when Kenny Phillips went down with no viable back up on the roster. Yeah, that guy is remaining nameless in my household. Arguably, you can say that Reese' best year with pick ups was in 2008 and 2010 and we all know what happened those years. Also, let's remember that Reese was offering Albert Haynesworth a contract worth 80 million dollars. Thank you Daniel Snyder!!!

Not really on the Storm bandwagon about the defensive backs and the defensive tackles. Aaron Ross missed plenty of time due to injuries and the guy even questioned his commitment to play the game back in 2008 and 2009.

I'm not willing to label Amukamara injury proned because broken bones are freak injuries. If it were a constant hamstring, quad, duanum acting up that's a different story.

If I were Storm, and I am not..because I'm willing to admit when I am wrong. I'd be lying to you if I wasn't concerned about the offensive line, especially the left tackle position. Historically, Sean Locklear has never been good at left tackle and from what I've read through twitter from the Giants beats is that they trust Diehl at Left tackle, they want him to play right tackle this year and beyond. Last year Beatty got poked in the eye and now it's his back, which for a left tackle is extremely alarming. Add to the fact that he's our age (24-25) that could be a problem his whole career.

You can criticize Jerry Reese all you want, but he's been right on not signing guys like Steve Smith, James Butler, Kevin Boss and players of that nature. As good as Pat Flaherty is, you've got to inject the offensive line with some legit talent and not projects. The Patriots massively fucked that up by not trading out of the 18th pick and drafting Nate Solder. He'd have looked good in Giants blue. The jury is still out on that though...Prince could be really good.

He played in 65 of 80 career games, and outside of an IR season, hadn't played less than 15 regular season games since 2009. IN RECENT YEARS.

I'm not worried about an offensive line that is returning all of it's starters, healthy (I think Beatty is going to be OK). Sorry. I WOULD prefer Kareem Mckenzie over Sean Locklear as the stop-gap in case shit happens, type player, however.

Solder has looked underwhelming every time I've seen him. Sometimes, just horribly bad. I realize it's early in his career, but I'm talking about the first preseason game... you'd like to see your first round pick from LAST season look competent, or at least, passable. He was terrible last week. But nobody's career is decided in preseason of their sophomore year. So we will see. So far, I think we dodged a bullet, getting Prince instead of Solder.

BTW, GG, great post. And LMAO at the comment about Storm. :LMAO: :Smiley_StirringShit:

But I agree with the concern about the offensive line. We have great pass rushers in our division, and the NFL is a copy-cat league, so teams are loading up on pass rushers to emulate the NYG! We need guys that can keep Eli upright. I share your concerns about LT, but also, I worry about Snee and Diehl on the right side.

With respect to Beatty, remember Petitgout? For awhile he was the human false start. But for a time he was a pretty damn good LT. But back issues really derailed his career with us. I know he went to Tampa afterwards and I'm not really sure how he faired there. But back injuries can be the type that linger, as you noted. Hopefully, Beatty can get some good physical therapy, get right, and lock down that LT spot for us. Or else I agree, LT is going to be a huge problem.

That's because he got shitted on by myself and a couple of my friends because he made a retarded post on my facebook. Let's just say that Golf is one of those guys that thinks that in order for someone to have a good/relevant point, politically or socially, they have to be part of the poor, huddled masses. :)

I would agree with you that Kareem McKenzie is better as a stop gap player than Sean Locklear.

Wasn't really retarded though, it's kinda hard to take someone seriously when they call themselves Rage Against the Machine and fight said machine on EMI records, a subsidy of Universal.

And yes, I feel the same way about Ted Nugent and Dave Mustaine.

Again, just my opinion.

I would agree with you that Kareem McKenzie is better as a stop gap player than Sean Locklear.

Wasn't really retarded though, it's kinda hard to take someone seriously when they call themselves Rage Against the Machine and fight said machine on EMI records, a subsidy of Universal.

And yes, I feel the same way about Ted Nugent and Dave Mustaine.

Again, just my opinion.

And Bob Dylan, and Springsteen, and (and I hate the guy but you can't deny his activism) Bono? I thought Morello bashing Paul Ryan for listing Rage as his favorite band was pretty funny, at the least....

I guess the unfortunate thing would be that certain folks are ONLY interested in political standpoints, controversial topics, and activism BECAUSE their favorite celebrity spearheaded the cause....I just don't think you can poo-poo their views simply because they are speaking for the plight of the common man, but aren't the common man. The work Morello did in Wisconsin supporting workers rights to organize was admirable and in line with constitutional, American, and capitalist ideals.....

And Bob Dylan, and Springsteen, and (and I hate the guy but you can't deny his activism) Bono? I thought Morello bashing Paul Ryan for listing Rage as his favorite band was pretty funny, at the least....

I guess the unfortunate thing would be that certain folks are ONLY interested in political standpoints, controversial topics, and activism BECAUSE their favorite celebrity spearheaded the cause....I just don't think you can poo-poo their views simply because they are speaking for the plight of the common man, but aren't the common man. The work Morello did in Wisconsin supporting workers rights to organize was admirable and in line with constitutional, American, and capitalist ideals.....

Not a fan of Springsteen. Pretty much every band I listen to (Stones, Who, etc) have all rallied against Government at one point. Hell, even Mick Jagger once said "No one should own private property" Right, Mick..whatever. How much shit do you own now?

Bono is probably a blowhard, I won't argue that and neither would you. That dude's activism is off the charts. Just take off the fucking sunglasses in doors, douche.

And I loved the Occupy Wall Street protesters, the fact that people our age are protesting is great. Didn't like it when they started to fuck with cops though.

Regardless, this doesn't belong in this current section.

I'm sure you could argue that a Giants player feels the same way, so it could be construed to be Giants related.