SportsWrath

Giants Waive Clint Sintim

Mr. P

Luck shmuck...

We've had one losing season in the Coughlin era, and that was in his first year, and what that means is that we've consistently put ourselves in a position to win. The "luck" has gone against us just as often as it has gone for us. People are very quick to take our SB's away from us on account of the "luck" that helped us get there. Screw that. No one awarded us anything in 08' when our 11-1 team went to hell on account of the "bad luck" of Plaxico shooting himself. No one gave us a get in the playoffs free card in 2010 when we were 10-6 and were almost 11-5 if not for a crazy 4th quarter meltdown and miracle play. (Did we let the Eagles win!!!??? :doh: ) Twas just "bad luck" that 10-6 wasn't good enough for the playoffs that year. I mean seriously. Are people that blind? This team is very competitive every single year. Sometimes things break for us, sometimes they break against us, that's just the way it goes.

In my best Joe Beningo, "Stop it". This team has shown it's capable of dancing with any team in this league on any stage, home or away (well except the Saints in the dome :furious:). Respect it, or reveal your ignorance/bitterness/hate.

That is all.

-Z

Are you sure we had a losing season in Coughlin's 1st year? I can swear we've been 8-8 or better since Eli was drafted.. which I thought was the same year Coughlin was hired.

Are you sure we had a losing season in Coughlin's 1st year? I can swear we've been 8-8 or better since Eli was drafted.. which I thought was the same year Coughlin was hired.

Positive...we went 6-10. Coughlin handed the reigns over to Eli at 5-4. Since then we haven't had a losing season and have won more than 10 games 4 times.

-Z

Positive...we went 6-10. Coughlin handed the reigns over to Eli at 5-4. Since then we haven't had a losing season and have won more than 10 games 4 times.

-Z

Yep. I was just reading up on it. Thanks.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't bitched at anyone. Merely stating my opinion on this. I think the way they've managed certain position has been piss-poor over the last couple years. And some year, I hope it's not this year, it's going to bite us in the ass.

I've kind of always maintained that Reese has been bailed out by his players or lucked out more than he's made "good football moves". If Cruz doesn't step up last season, we never win a Super Bowl. And it was pure luck and Eli making it that way, that Ballard was halfway decent

What does that mean "bailed out by his players"?. Is this different for jerry reese then every other gm in the league.

Luck shmuck...

We've had one losing season in the Coughlin era, and that was in his first year, and what that means is that we've consistently put ourselves in a position to win. The "luck" has gone against us just as often as it has gone for us. People are very quick to take our SB's away from us on account of the "luck" that helped us get there. Screw that. No one awarded us anything in 08' when our 11-1 team went to hell on account of the "bad luck" of Plaxico shooting himself. No one gave us a get in the playoffs free card in 2010 when we were 10-6 and were almost 11-5 if not for a crazy 4th quarter meltdown and miracle play. (Did we let the Eagles win!!!??? :doh: ) Twas just "bad luck" that 10-6 wasn't good enough for the playoffs that year. I mean seriously. Are people that blind? This team is very competitive every single year. Sometimes things break for us, sometimes they break against us, that's just the way it goes.

In my best Joe Beningo, "Stop it". This team has shown it's capable of dancing with any team in this league on any stage, home or away (well except the Saints in the dome :furious:). Respect it, or reveal your ignorance/bitterness/hate.

That is all.

-Z

Relax, bro. I'm talking about how we completely ignore positions every season and completely forget to resign our own players every year. We are very lucky that it has never hurt us yet. Because it will.

What does that mean "bailed out by his players"?. Is this different for jerry reese then every other gm in the league.

yeah, because most GMs don't just say to themselves, "Ah, it will work out and then I can say to the fans at the end of the season, 'by doing nothing, I accomplished exactly what I wanted to with this team, I knew it all along!'". Most proactively work to shore up that position. Not wait for injuries, sign a bunch of scrubs who couldn't play in the CFL, and call it good.

Because the fact is, it was no big mystery that DT was going to be a question mark position. There was no mystery that CB was going to be a question mark position. Yet we did nothing to help our prospects at either of those positions. There was absolutely no excuse for doing nothing except signing an aged and at this point pretty ineffective Shaun Rogers. Sorry, bros, I thought Reese did an extremely crap-tacular job this year. Even the worthless Keith Rivers trade, the guy was going to be RELEASED.

We have two, proven starters at DT, a 2nd round pick, and a strong veteran in Rocky Bernard. Rocky Bernard would start on a lot of teams. I know a lot of people don't like him because he did not play well his first season with us. But he's been a good player in every year since, and he's been a quality player for a long time before that. I don't think Reese needed to really do anything extra with DT. It's not like he can predict who is going to get hurt. Even with the Shaun Rogers signing, it's not like he was a lock to make the team, anyway. Now we have Marcus Thomas, who seems like he is a pretty good backup DT... he's started a lot of games in the NFL and has been productive. I'm not sure where the outrage is coming from.

We have two, proven starters at DT, a 2nd round pick, and a strong veteran in Rocky Bernard. Rocky Bernard would start on a lot of teams. I know a lot of people don't like him because he did not play well his first season with us. But he's been a good player in every year since, and he's been a quality player for a long time before that. I don't think Reese needed to really do anything extra with DT. It's not like he can predict who is going to get hurt. Even with the Shaun Rogers signing, it's not like he was a lock to make the team, anyway. Now we have Marcus Thomas, who seems like he is a pretty good backup DT... he's started a lot of games in the NFL and has been productive. I'm not sure where the outrage is coming from.

Storm is just having a Stroud moment.

Relax, bro. I'm talking about how we completely ignore positions every season and completely forget to resign our own players every year. We are very lucky that it has never hurt us yet. Because it will.

I wasn't after you. I just for some reason got riled up at the non-Giants fans who discredit the teams achievements.

Sorry if I gave off the impression I was going at you.

-Z

I'm pretty sure he was well aware Canty wouldn't be coming off the PUP list in time for the season, which is where he seems to be headed....

I'll agree with Bernard, but it's not like Marvin Austin will do anything for us this year. The man hasn't played a down of football in 3 years, let alone been on a football field due to the fact he is apparently more fragile than dinner China. To me, Austin doesn't even count. You can't count him because he's completely unproven and has done absolutely nothing and not even been active in camp.

So you're relying on Bernard and Joseph as the starters. Not too bad. But you have....who would be behind them for the first half of the season? Marcus Thomas who came to Giants camp about a day ago when they were more than halfway done?

Storm is just having a Stroud moment.

Damn dude, low blow! You don't see any logic in my "moment"? I see defensive tackle being a glaring weakness for us this season. I also see CB a position that we are going to struggle at, too.

I wasn't after you. I just for some reason got riled up at the non-Giants fans who discredit the teams achievements.

Sorry if I gave off the impression I was going at you.

-Z

Word, my bad, also didn't mean to offend.

Damn dude, low blow! You don't see any logic in my "moment"? I see defensive tackle being a glaring weakness for us this season. I also see CB a position that we are going to struggle at, too.

I kid, I see your point but at the same time it's the exact same thing people said last year. DT was the weakest position on the team and after losing Thomas for the year the Giant's were ruined at CB.

Look at the result.

I think the Giant's are more improved at DT this season then last and I'll take the potential of Princey over Ross this season. CB isnt a position a rookie walks in and plays like a starter from day one, outside of maybe some extreme examples like Revis but even he had growing pains.

Can't shelter the rookie forever, throw him into the fire like Webby/Ross.

I'm pretty sure he was well aware Canty wouldn't be coming off the PUP list in time for the season, which is where he seems to be headed....

I'll agree with Bernard, but it's not like Marvin Austin will do anything for us this year. The man hasn't played a down of football in 3 years, let alone been on a football field due to the fact he is apparently more fragile than dinner China. To me, Austin doesn't even count. You can't count him because he's completely unproven and has done absolutely nothing and not even been active in camp.

So you're relying on Bernard and Joseph as the starters. Not too bad. But you have....who would be behind them for the first half of the season? Marcus Thomas who came to Giants camp about a day ago when they were more than halfway done?

I disagree. I don't think Reese could've known, and I don't agree that Canty is headed for PUP to start the year. I think he will make the 53 man roster and be playing by week 2. Of course, I could be wrong. But even if you're right, it's not time to panic. It's just next man up. What would you have Reese do? Go into free agency and spend money that isn't there on a starter, when we have 3 quality starters already on the roster?

With respect to Austin, he has been on a football field, just not much. He tore a bicep, I think it was, in the second preseason game last season. He also played in the East-West Shrine game, I believe, before he was drafted. Plus, if he's a 2nd round pick, it doesn't matter if he hasn't really played, you drafted him to play, and he's going to make the team and he's going to play. That's what you do, you make draft picks, and they get a role on the team. You're not going to cut him, and you're likely only going to keep 4, MAYBE 5 DT's on the final 53 man roster, so he's gotta play.

If you don't trust your draft picks to contribute, then you shouldn't be a GM. I don't think DT is of great concern. And Dwayne Hendricks has potential. Sure, it's just potential and that could lead to nothing... but among the guys we have, we willl have 4 or 5 DT's make the roster and they will be good players.

Same thing with CB. You're not going to get a pro bowler at every position. You put your draft picks in there, you coach 'em up, and you win or lose with them.

We lost 5 players of any consequence in the offseason.

We lost Ross, who was probably the best player out of the group, but not a shut down guy. He was a slightly above average corner. Not a crippling loss.

We lost Jacobs and McKenzie, both past their primes to the point that their usefulness on a good team is very little.

We lost Ballard, who definitely would've been on PUP, probably on IR, and he was one of the least athletic starting TE's in the NFL.

And we lost Manningham, a fairly good 3rd wide receiver who is a iffy route runner, and he benefitted from Eli probably more than Eli benefitted from him. He's replaceable.

So I don't see what the big deal is. If there's any real concern, it's depth behind Bennett and depth in the Offensive line. I think the team right now looks better than it did going into last season, because we are far more athletic with Bennett at TE rather than Ballard, and more athletic with Wilson at backup RB than Jacobs.

I think we have a legitimate nickel corner who looks like he can contribute right away in Hosley, and that's better than Rolle playing the nickel corner. I think if we get some good returns out of Austin this year we can be outstanding on the defensive line, which we are featuring year 3 of JPP, promises to be his best season yet.

I like it. I like this team! I don't see any reason for outrage at all. I think Coughlin and Reese have earned a little of our trust by this time, Storm.

Jim, you're going to have to clarify PUP for me. I thought if you went through preseason on the PUP then started the season on the PUP, you're on there until week 6....?

And Hendricks is the one player I'm excited for at DT, apparently Coughlin DARES offensive lineman to match up with him in practice.

Jim, you're going to have to clarify PUP for me. I thought if you went through preseason on the PUP then started the season on the PUP, you're on there until week 6....?

And Hendricks is the one player I'm excited for at DT, apparently Coughlin DARES offensive lineman to match up with him in practice.

Yes you pretty much have it. You can come off PUP at any time during the preseason, but once final cuts are made, and the deadline passes to report the 53 roster to the NFL, then the player must be on the roster at that time. I think (and this is only my hunch), that they will bring Canty off of PUP before then and start getting him conditioned to play in week 2 or 3. They say no timetable, but if you go by what he's saying, he says he feels good. So that's why I don't think he'll start the season on PUP.

But you are correct, if you are on PUP to start the regular season, it's 6 weeks before you can come off of it. Then the team has 3 more weeks they can have a player remain in limbo and not count to the 53 man roster. I think there's a bit more to it, but that's the gist of it.

If Hendricks plays great football for the remainder of the preseason, they could start Canty on PUP in an effort to get Hendricks on the 53 man roster, because Canty wouldn't be ready yet anyway, and then they could just get him ready to play around week 8 or so.

Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks, Marcus Thomas? Canty? I've thought they would only go into the season with 4 DT's, but it could be 5 this year. I'm going to amend my 53 man roster prediction, but not until the preseason week 3 game is in the books.

It's definitely going to be a hard position to field 2 solid players at, IMO, though....especially at the start of the season. I'm perfectly fine with Joseph and Bernard to start the season but with Austin constantly hurt and currently IN limbo, we better hope that Hendricks and Marcus Thomas CAN give us quality reps...or Bernard and Joseph are going to be dead by the time Canty is ready to go....

Don't forget Kuhn.

Good point. I'd love to see him become a sensation.

Apparantly, he's become a very likeable teammate that they call "Schwarzenegger" because of his accent and his body.

Here's a few lines from yesterday's Garaflo article:

"With Shaun Rogers out with a blood clot, Chris Canty still shelved in his recovery from knee surgery, Marvin Austin having his back examined today and Martin Parker surely done for the season because of a herniated disc, Kuhn has the chance to take Command(o) of his situation and gain a roster spot.

The seventh-round pick said he was pleased after watching the film of Friday’s preseason opener and having a Total Recall of making a tackle on his first snap, getting his hand on a pass to bat it down at the line like an Eraser and flashing on a few other plays.

“I was excited, the first time I saw myself on the field, I made a play, so that was good,” Kuhn said. “But there’s things I know I have to improve on. I wasn’t too happy with my special-teams play on some things. It’s just so many things are new to me, and I haven’t played a lot – especially on special teams positions – and then the bullets are flying and everything gets a little more exciting.”

Kuhn has shown he can be a tough, physical player inside. Even though he’s a rookie, he hasn’t looked like a Junior member of the team at times. Some might describe him as a Barbarian or a Destroyer when he’s able to penetrate the middle of the offensive line.

But for Jerry Reese, the word was “buzz saw.” That’s the description he had of Kuhn shortly after the team drafted him in April.

“It was funny because it caught on in Germany, too,” Kuhn said. “In Germany they say Kreissäge. So that’s what they call me over there, too.”

Kuhn appreciates the compliment, even if one would be expressing True Lies to say it didn’t have a twinge of criticism. “Maybe it’s saying sometimes I don’t have the greatest technique but I stay busy and I stay after it,” he said. “The effort is there. That’s for sure.”

Not really on the Storm bandwagon about the defensive backs and the defensive tackles. Aaron Ross missed plenty of time due to injuries and the guy even questioned his commitment to play the game back in 2008 and 2009.

I'm not willing to label Amukamara injury proned because broken bones are freak injuries. If it were a constant hamstring, quad, duanum acting up that's a different story.

If I were Storm, and I am not..because I'm willing to admit when I am wrong. I'd be lying to you if I wasn't concerned about the offensive line, especially the left tackle position. Historically, Sean Locklear has never been good at left tackle and from what I've read through twitter from the Giants beats is that they trust Diehl at Left tackle, they want him to play right tackle this year and beyond. Last year Beatty got poked in the eye and now it's his back, which for a left tackle is extremely alarming. Add to the fact that he's our age (24-25) that could be a problem his whole career.

You can criticize Jerry Reese all you want, but he's been right on not signing guys like Steve Smith, James Butler, Kevin Boss and players of that nature. As good as Pat Flaherty is, you've got to inject the offensive line with some legit talent and not projects. The Patriots massively fucked that up by not trading out of the 18th pick and drafting Nate Solder. He'd have looked good in Giants blue. The jury is still out on that though...Prince could be really good.

Not really on the Storm bandwagon about the defensive backs and the defensive tackles. Aaron Ross missed plenty of time due to injuries and the guy even questioned his commitment to play the game back in 2008 and 2009.

I'm not willing to label Amukamara injury proned because broken bones are freak injuries. If it were a constant hamstring, quad, duanum acting up that's a different story.

If I were Storm, and I am not..because I'm willing to admit when I am wrong. I'd be lying to you if I wasn't concerned about the offensive line, especially the left tackle position. Historically, Sean Locklear has never been good at left tackle and from what I've read through twitter from the Giants beats is that they trust Diehl at Left tackle, they want him to play right tackle this year and beyond. Last year Beatty got poked in the eye and now it's his back, which for a left tackle is extremely alarming. Add to the fact that he's our age (24-25) that could be a problem his whole career.

You can criticize Jerry Reese all you want, but he's been right on not signing guys like Steve Smith, James Butler, Kevin Boss and players of that nature. As good as Pat Flaherty is, you've got to inject the offensive line with some legit talent and not projects. The Patriots massively fucked that up by not trading out of the 18th pick and drafting Nate Solder. He'd have looked good in Giants blue. The jury is still out on that though...Prince could be really good.

Solder has looked underwhelming every time I've seen him. Sometimes, just horribly bad. I realize it's early in his career, but I'm talking about the first preseason game... you'd like to see your first round pick from LAST season look competent, or at least, passable. He was terrible last week. But nobody's career is decided in preseason of their sophomore year. So we will see. So far, I think we dodged a bullet, getting Prince instead of Solder.

BTW, GG, great post. And LMAO at the comment about Storm. :LMAO: :Smiley_StirringShit:

But I agree with the concern about the offensive line. We have great pass rushers in our division, and the NFL is a copy-cat league, so teams are loading up on pass rushers to emulate the NYG! We need guys that can keep Eli upright. I share your concerns about LT, but also, I worry about Snee and Diehl on the right side.

With respect to Beatty, remember Petitgout? For awhile he was the human false start. But for a time he was a pretty damn good LT. But back issues really derailed his career with us. I know he went to Tampa afterwards and I'm not really sure how he faired there. But back injuries can be the type that linger, as you noted. Hopefully, Beatty can get some good physical therapy, get right, and lock down that LT spot for us. Or else I agree, LT is going to be a huge problem.