SportsWrath

Giants Waive Clint Sintim

Mr. P

After three injury-plagued seasons in which he never quite lived up to the promise of a second-round draft pick, the Giants have apparently waived linebacker Clint Sintim.

The 26-year-old linebacker, who was trying to work his way back from his second torn ACL, is expected to be officially released sometime on Thursday. The Giants had no official comment on Sintim, though they are expected to announce a flurry of moves in the afternoon.

Sintim, who was drafted 45th overall by the Giants in 2009 out of Virginia, played in only 33 games for the Giants, mostly on special teams. He first tore his right ACL in December of 2010 and then did it again last August, when he was bent over backwards and tore both his ACL and his patella tendon in the Giants’ final preseason game.

Sintim missed the entire 2011 season and had spent all of this summer’s training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. Had the Giants kept him, he almost certainly would’ve opened the season on the PUP list, too.

Sintim appeared to allude to his own release on Wednesday evening when he Tweeted “Change is inevitable....That's apart of life... How a man responds to change ultimately defines his character...as always..#DontCountMeOut!”

It is believed that Sintim was cut to make room on the 90-man roster for more help at defensive tackle. The newest addition is expected to be Bobby Skinner, a 27-year-old undrafted rookie out of Montclair State University in New Jersey.

The Giants added two other defensive tackles in the last two days, too – Carlton Powell, a former fifth-round pick of the Broncos (2008) and rookie Oren Wilson. The Giants also have former Denver Bronco Marcus Thomas in for a free-agent visit on Thursday morning.

The Giants are in need of defensive tackle help because they’ve lost Shaun Rogers (calf) and Martin Parker (back surgery) for the season and Chris Canty is still on the PUP list while rehabbing from offseason knee surgery. They also have not yet announced the results of the tests on Marvin Austin’s back after he was sent to the Hospital for Special Surgery on Tuesday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/08/giants-part-ways-with-former-second-round-pick

"You can't make the club in the tub."

- Bill Parcells

Too many injuries, never a real chance to show what he could do. I don't even know why he wasn't prepared in this camp to compete for the team. I know he was on PUP, just don't know why he wasn't in good health going into this season given that he was on IR all of last season, too.

He wasn't going to make the team if he played this preseason, anyway.

"You can't make the club in the tub."

- Bill Parcells

Too many injuries, never a real chance to show what he could do. I don't even know why he wasn't prepared in this camp to compete for the team. I know he was on PUP, just don't know why he wasn't in good health going into this season given that he was on IR all of last season, too.

He wasn't going to make the team if he played this preseason, anyway.

Too many injuries is usually because of lack of conditioning. I had high hopes for him... a major disappointment comes to close.

I too had hopes for him, but a player has to earn the big money he's getting paid and he certainly didn't earn the 3.35 million the Giants paid him. Hopefully for his sake, he invested well and didn't shoot the wad on cars, apartments, and bling.

I see they also cut Justin Tratou as well

I too had hopes for him, but a player has to earn the big money he's getting paid and he certainly didn't earn the 3.35 million the Giants paid him. Hopefully for his sake, he invested well and didn't shoot the wad on cars, apartments, and bling.

I see they also cut Justin Tuck as well

They cut Justin Tuck?

:P sorry a lil bored lol

Too many injuries is usually because of lack of conditioning. I had high hopes for him... a major disappointment comes to close.

Getting bent over like a pretzel and tearing two ligaments in your knee has nothing to do with conditioning.

why the hell is there this mass hysteria to sign DTs. Jesus Christ. Wait for roster cuts and pick up someone with some actual talent and experience. Not teams undrafted free agents and other dudes who have yet to find a team and are undrafted.

why the hell is there this mass hysteria to sign DTs. Jesus Christ. Wait for roster cuts and pick up someone with some actual talent and experience. Not teams undrafted free agents and other dudes who have yet to find a team and are undrafted.

Because there's still a couple of preseason games to go and we don't want to force our healthy guys on the field for 4 quarters. I'm sure they will upgrade after cuts are made if indeed, there are upgrades available.

Because there's still a couple of preseason games to go and we don't want to force our healthy guys on the field for 4 quarters. I'm sure they will upgrade after cuts are made if indeed, there are upgrades available.

The two we signed yesterday that won't make the team, plus the several we still have, would have been fine. Now there's 3 that will be cut.

Not sure I get the "sky is falling" concern that the Giants obviously have.

I don't see what the big deal is Storm. They're just hoping to strike gold with one of them. Why not screen as many as possible?

Because now we're going to start cutting players to make room for them. I don't give a fuck about a guy like Sintim, but we still have plenty of camp bodies at DT, our starters will be set, and it is going to intrude on a guy like Hendricks getting ample playing time and chance to make the team.

I see it as kind of pointless. If you're going this route and want to find someone, wait till someone is out there to find. Not scrubs who can't stay with NFL teams for longer than 2 weeks.

Healthy DTs before we signed scrubs

Linval Joseph (key starter)

Marcus Kuhn

Dwayne Hendricks

Bernard, Bobby Skinner.

There was no reason to sign like 5 DTs. Sorry to say.

Bernard has a swollen knee. It's minor though.

I would have LOVED to see them wait for another week or two and pick up ONE guy LIKE Shaun Rogers. There will most certainly be one cut.

Well its a time issue.

Linval Joseph, Marcus Kuhn, Dwayne Hendricks; the staff have seen them in training camp and have seen them play this preseason. Get more bodies now and have them play against the Jets on Saturday.

I would have LOVED to see them wait for another week or two and pick up ONE guy LIKE Shaun Rogers. There will most certainly be one cut.

No reason they can't cut a scrub to get him though. For now they need enough bodies to field 2-3 teams during practice.