SportsWrath

Giants vs. Jets this Saturday

RandolphScott

Th whole league is pass happy. The Giants are no different. Giants are going to win most games on Eli's arm. It's clear that protection is the focus. Run blocking second on the OL. I don't know if it's a stated strategy, but it's apparent.

""Obviously, we were getting after him a little bit," said Giants journeyman defensive tackle Carlton Powell, via The Star-Ledger. "And I guess they weren't holding up their protection so some mistakes were being made. So I saw him getting mad, so I said a little something to him. He kind of looked at me like he wanted to say something, but he didn't really say nothing though.""

hehehehe, of course, that wouldn't have been Christian.

Would make sense, that throw was no where near the WR and Eli didnt give the WR a talking to like they weren't on the same page.

Under pressure, D-line bearing down on him he just couldnt get the ball out of bounds, would of been nice to take a sack instead though Eli ;)

(Like he reads this forum)

Would make sense, that throw was no where near the WR and Eli didnt give the WR a talking to like they weren't on the same page.

Under pressure, D-line bearing down on him he just couldnt get the ball out of bounds, would of been nice to take a sack instead though Eli ;)

(Like he reads this forum)

I forgot the link to that one, but I got it from a giants.com article....

Yeah, surprised on that quote with Manning. Could be that he's protecting the young player... because that is just not likely he was really trying to throw that ball out of bounds. I mean, that's not close. It could be true, but I think he's just protecting Randle from scrutiny from the NY media. To me, it looked like a classic miscommunication.

As far as Martinek vs. Hynoski, it's no competition. You guys make it sound like Hyno is just a blocker. This is a guy who was a factor in the passing game last year, and made 2 catches in the Super Bowl, and one of them a big play with an amazing broken tackle. Hyno is a player. As a guy that played well all last season, and contributed to a Super Bowl winning team, there is no way they are giving Martinek his spot. It's not going to happen.

Yeah, surprised on that quote with Manning. Could be that he's protecting the young player... because that is just not likely he was really trying to throw that ball out of bounds. I mean, that's not close. It could be true, but I think he's just protecting Randle from scrutiny from the NY media. To me, it looked like a classic miscommunication.

As far as Martinek vs. Hynoski, it's no competition. You guys make it sound like Hyno is just a blocker. This is a guy who was a factor in the passing game last year, and made 2 catches in the Super Bowl, and one of them a big play with an amazing broken tackle. Hyno is a player. As a guy that played well all last season, and contributed to a Super Bowl winning team, there is no way they are giving Martinek his spot. It's not going to happen.

I thought Hynoski was the clear and undisputed FB on the team?

I don't quite recall how key the broken tackle first down play was (absolutely amazing, you're right) but just the tenacity the man possesses makes him a favorite player of mine....I always like our fullbacks, hard-nosed blockers, first and foremost. But you're right, he caught 12 passes last season and will probably involved a little more this season.

And I think you might be right about Manning.

I thought Hynoski was the clear and undisputed FB on the team?

Yeah.....Martinek has made some big statements about beating out Hynoski....and truth is, Martinek is pretty dang good. And he showed it last night. But I would be shocked out of my shoes if he actually won the job. He should win a spot on the practice squad where it's nice to have a solid backup in case of injuries....but that's about it.

Jets are in big trouble. They basically showed their hand this year by saying they were a run first team. I'd be scared looking at that last night. This could be the end of Rex which would be too bad.

They just aren't a very talented roster. Holmes is their most dangerous weapon and when you compare him to our two it's not even a discussion. They didn't find an alternative to Hunter, who was absolutely abused last year or bring in another back to complement Greene. That doesn't bode well for "ground and pound". If they crash and burn it might be the end for Rex but Tanenbaum will definitely be a goner.

My favorite moment of the night (besides the Hosley pick-6) was Tebow underthrowing an uncovered guy standing in the endzone, then signaling that he should have come back to the ball.

Yeah, that was funny, I am not sure how a WR can come back to a ball that is ten yards in front of him nose diving into the ground?