SportsWrath

Here is what a devout 49rs fan blogged about Eli

JackStroud

"Man, I'm sorry, but I gotta give Eli Manning his props. Eli is not overrated and he is not just "good". Anyone who says this, i agree, has no clue about football.

But, I gotta be honest, I didn't always feel this way. @NinerGold, I was at that NFC title game too with a buddy of mine (a Giants fan). I gave him so much crap about Eli Manning over the years. He's overrated, he'll always be Peyton's little brother, etc.

So anyway, we went to that title game, and I was confident the Niners were gonna win. Drew Brees had coughed it up big time the previous week and Eli was also an INT machine, right? Eli was gonna give us a few gifts, just like Brees, right?

F that. The thing about Eli Manning is, and I never really understood this until I saw him play in person that day. He is deadly now. I don't know who this new Eli is, but, apparently, he was like this at Ole Miss too.

The weather and field conditions that day were trash. Home crowd was INSANE. They were booing during the freaking National Anthem?!! LOL. As the game wore on, and Alex Smith couldn't convert a third down to save his life, there was this uncomfortable sense in the stadium that the Giants were gonna win this and, damn it, it was because Eli Manning was on the field. I'll bet my last year's salary that Matt Miller was NOT at this game.

There is something about Eli's calm, methodical, determined presence that made the Niners and fans uneasy. It is absolutely unnerving to watch Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, and the rest of our incredible defense pound this skinny QB into the ground. And then watch him get back up, with his mind fully in tact, calling the next play. Throwing strikes!

Anyone who calls Eli Manning overrated should go watch him in person when the Lombardi Trophy is within reach. He lifts his team up with pure grit. As a spectator, you just feel it throughout the stadium. I don't fully understand it, but I told my Giants friend, he's a lucky bastard. He has Eli Manning for the next few years."

"The thing about Eli Manning is he is DEADLY now"..........I feel the same way, and I have no idea what changed

He is deadly now.......an "Assassin"

LOL the one thing he got wrong was calling Eli "skinny"............... with those little shoulder pads he looks skinny but the guy a big dude....as big as Rothlingsberger

"The thing about Eli Manning is he is DEADLY now"..........I feel the same way, and I have no idea what changed

He is deadly now.......an assassin

LOL the one thing he got wrong was calling Eli "skinny"............... with those little shoulder pads he looks skinny but the guy a big dude....as big as Rothlingsberger

Well, Big Ben easily has 20 pounds on Eli.... But Eli is a surprisingly strong guy too, and athletic when we least expect it.

Well, Big Ben easily has 20 pounds on Eli.... But Eli is a surprisingly strong guy too, and athletic when we least expect it.

Eli is easily 230-235.......you dont want a QB much heavier than that........Rothlingsberger has been knocked around a lot the last few years at 250 he is too big a target and not the nimbilest. Calling Eli skinny is ridiculous

If you recall in his 1st SB victory the PATs thought they had him..... but he is so strong he just shed the guy........Skinny.......I think of Sanchez as skinny, Brees is skinny......Vick is VERY skinny........Tebow is probably the strongest QB

Eli is easily 230-235.......you dont want a QB much heavier than that........Rothlingsberger has been knocked around a lot the last few years at 250 he is too big a target and not the nimbilest. Calling Eli skinny is ridiculous

If you recall in his 1st SB victory the PATs thought they had him..... but he is so strong he just shed the guy........Skinny.......I think of Sanchez as skinny, Brees is skinny......Vick is VERY skinny........Tebow is probably the strongest QB

Big Ben gets knocked around because his pocket presence leaves a lot to be desired. He has no internal clock. Though he's so big, maybe he feels like he can take all the hits, he'll just take his chances in there and try to make a play. He used to be far more nimble than Eli, despite his size, but it seems like Roethlisberger is getting a little chubby, he doesn't seem to move quite as well anymore.

Big Ben gets knocked around because his pocket presence leaves a lot to be desired. He has no internal clock. Though he's so big, maybe he feels like he can take all the hits, he'll just take his chances in there and try to make a play. He used to be far more nimble than Eli, despite his size, but it seems like Roethlisberger is getting a little chubby, he doesn't seem to move quite as well anymore.

Ben is definitely in decline

During the last minutes of that 9ers game, somewhere underneath my nervous joking around with my boys and that knot in my stomach....I had a feeling of extreme confidence in Eli....akin to what this guy is describing. I knew, since we had Eli and the 9ers couldn't even pick up a first down it seemed and we kept pinning them deep in their own territory, that it was only a matter of time before Eli got us out of there with the W.

During the last minutes of that 9ers game, somewhere underneath my nervous joking around with my boys and that knot in my stomach....I had a feeling of extreme confidence in Eli....akin to what this guy is describing. I knew, since we had Eli and the 9ers couldn't even pick up a first down it seemed and we kept pinning them deep in their own territory, that it was only a matter of time before Eli got us out of there with the W.

Yes exactly, I was not even worried when we kicked the ball back to them in that Famous Punt (Infamous for them...lol) saying to myself that Smith had been figured out as well as the rest of the 69'er Offense and I was waiting for their 3 downs and out. :)

Same here. I knew that 49er offense wasn't going anywhere.

You guys know you were a little worried.

I too was confident we'd finish the job, but there was alot at stake and being really high didn't help at all!! Lol I was such a emotional mess!

I was worried about the big play. I knew that Smith and his offense could never string together a drive to win by a field goal....

Bingo. I was totally calm, at least until it hit me that we were going to the fucking Superbowl.

Idk Cam Newton is pretty strong also.

Eli is more like 225 then 235

Eli is strong as oak though.

I believe Eli's perceived strength is because he rolls with the punches... Tackling him is like tackling a rubber dummy... it will bend n fold but won't break. But I agree with the essence of this thread... we're fucking lucky to be watching Eli lead our team.

Yes exactly, I was not even worried when we kicked the ball back to them in that Famous Punt (Infamous for them...lol) saying to myself that Smith had been figured out as well as the rest of the 69'er Offense and I was waiting for their 3 downs and out. :)

The sweetest of all for me was hearing how many of my in-laws (who happened to live in Cali) are huge 9er fans... I never knew this till they made the playoffs... but I bet you everyone in my life and a few strangers know I'm a Giants fan :flex:

You guys know you were a little worried.

I too was confident we'd finish the job, but there was alot at stake and being really high didn't help at all!! Lol I was such a emotional mess!

Which is why I stood there showing no emotions either way... but inside there were a few explosions and body parts flying lol

the 49ers game was the only game where i didnt have that calm confidence cuz of the regular season game. im honestly still shocked at the incomplete pass on 4th down, i dont remember the last time we failed on a 4th quarter comeback drive like that.

plus their defense was scary as shit, we had a ton of opportunities to put that game away on offense and couldn't do it

I was worried about the big play. I knew that Smith and his offense could never string together a drive to win by a field goal....

Again, agreed. The way I saw it, it was either us or they got a big TO, or somebody brainfarts with Vernon Davis. The way the d was playing though, I was more concerned about the TO.

The sweetest of all for me was hearing how many of my in-laws (who happened to live in Cali) are huge 9er fans... I never knew this till they made the playoffs... but I bet you everyone in my life and a few strangers know I'm a Giants fan :flex:

Haha, even THEY probably didn't know they were 49ers fans until they made the playoffs....I think that is a prerequisite for being a 49ers fan....

Fuck outta here.

I nearly shit my pants when Eli rolled out and waited and waited and waited on that long pass to Bradshaw at the end of regulation. I kept screaming, throw it...throw it..THROW THE FUCKER

He heard me from my Uncle's couch in Staten Island, cuz he threw it.

Fuck outta here.

I nearly shit my pants when Eli rolled out and waited and waited and waited on that long pass to Bradshaw at the end of regulation. I kept screaming, throw it...throw it..THROW THE FUCKER

He heard me from my Uncle's couch in Staten Island, cuz he threw it.

:LMAO:

Again, agreed. The way I saw it, it was either us or they got a big TO, or somebody brainfarts with Vernon Davis. The way the d was playing though, I was more concerned about the TO.

The 49ers only hit a few plays that entire game, but 2 of those went to the house.

I was definitely nervous about one more big 49er play winning the game.