SportsWrath

LT Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring

Mr. P

This just in http://profootballta...but-his-son-is/ - it makes a little more sense....although, it might be that LT's son likes nose candy as well or as they say, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree":

"When we shared said item, we figured it would be news to a lot of the people reading it but we didn’t include Taylor himself on that list. We shouldn’t have jumped to that conclusion, though, because it seems
Taylor was no more aware of the ring being on the block than the rest of us.

Taylor told Jay Glazer of FOX that he gave the ring to his son T.J. a long time ago and that he had no idea that it was being
. Taylor’s agent Mark Lepselter said that when he called Taylor to ask about it, Taylor responded by asking what the f— he was talking about.

“Lawrence
of it but said he gave it to TJ and its his right to do what he wants with it. He’s fine with whatever TJ decided,” Lepselter told Glazer.

This just in http://profootballta...but-his-son-is/ - it makes a little more sense....although, it might be that LT's son likes nose candy as well or as they say, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree":

"When we shared said item, we figured it would be news to a lot of the people reading it but we didn’t include Taylor himself on that list. We shouldn’t have jumped to that conclusion, though, because it seems
Taylor was no more aware of the ring being on the block than the rest of us.

Taylor told Jay Glazer of FOX that he gave the ring to his son T.J. a long time ago and that he had no idea that it was being
. Taylor’s agent Mark Lepselter said that when he called Taylor to ask about it, Taylor responded by asking what the f— he was talking about.

“Lawrence
of it but said he gave it to TJ and its his right to do what he wants with it. He’s fine with whatever TJ decided,” Lepselter told Glazer.

.....someone didn't read the entire thread.......

.....someone didn't read the entire thread.......

That would be me. I read the thread yesterday, but didn't think anything was new since I last read it and thought I'd bring this to light. My bad! Will you ever forgive me? :F-U:

Sad...sad...sad. Wish I had a few million stashed away...because I would buy it and stash it away to give back to him once he recovered (if) his self respect. Addiction is a life long issue.

I'm debating whether I should bid on it. Think it'd be worth something later on no?

That would be me. I read the thread yesterday, but didn't think anything was new since I last read it and thought I'd bring this to light. My bad! Will you ever forgive me? :F-U:

Well, I thought I was going crazy....I was like, I know I already heard about this and I know it was in this thread....so I reread your post assuming you had read the thread and kept reading the "this just in" part thinking there was something I was misreading in the actual article that was new....that wasn't "just in" is all, haha....had me confused for a minute (not hard to do)

I'm debating whether I should bid on it. Think it'd be worth something later on no?

probably not as much as it will bring right now....not for a quite a bit anyway. It seems to me that it isn't as cool as if you were actually buying it off LT...or LT put it up for auction at an actual legitimate auction house....not freakin' eBay....

but maybe someday, 20-30 years from now after he passes away or something....as an investment it could make sense....

He's not a rapist.

He agreed to sex for money, and didn't know the women was a Minor. He fucked up, but let's not call him a kiddy rapist.

The initial charge was rape:

Lawrence Taylor, the former Giants linebacker, was arrested early Thursday morning and has been charged with third-degree rape and soliciting prostitution in a case involving a 16-year-old girl at a hotel in Rockland County, according to the authorities.

Police said the girl was reported missing by her family in March and had been staying with Davis in the Bronx for a few weeks. Early Thursday morning, he beat her up, drove her to the hotel and told her she had to have sex with Taylor, police said. When she refused, Davis handed her over to Taylor, who sexually assaulted her, they said. Taylor paid her $300, which she gave to Davis, police said.

This Just In (I think.....)

"Giants defensive end Osi Umenuiora has, for several years, wanted more money. But he’s willing to spend some of the money he already has on something that the son of Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor is selling : L.T.’s ring from Super Bowl XXV.

So Umenyiora has made an offer
: If he gets to 500,000 total Twitter followers by 10:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, he’ll buy the ring and give it back to Taylor.

Umenyiora made the offer earlier today, with an initial threshold of 1 million Twitter followers. He has since cut the goal in half. (It won’t be easy; as of this posting, Osi has fewer than 40,000 followers.)

If he makes it to the half-million goal and buys the ring, a random Osi follower will do the honors of giving the ring to L.T. Maybe they can do it on June 17, and Osi can wish Taylor a Happy Father’s Day".

That would sure endear a lot of people to Osi. A really nice gesture and a class act by him.

More: http://butattheendoftheday.com/2012/05/19/giants-star-osi-umenyiora-tries-to-do-right-thing-for-lawrence-taylor-with-selfish-twitter-act/

Let me put it to you this way, if LT lets his son sell his superbowl ring, no matter what Osi may do, then if I were the Giants Organization I'd tell him he wasn't welcome back anymore. Seriously I think this is really fucked up and a slap in the face of the organization. I know, he's the greatest Giant ever, but the Giants put up with a lot of his bullshit, and there was a ton of it, for him to allow this to happen.

Let me put it to you this way, if LT lets his son sell his superbowl ring, no matter what Osi may do, then if I were the Giants Organization I'd tell him he wasn't welcome back anymore. Seriously I think this is really fucked up and a slap in the face of the organization. I know, he's the greatest Giant ever, but the Giants put up with a lot of his bullshit, and there was a ton of it, for him to allow this to happen.

You'd have to do that with every former player who sold their superbowl ring/s.

Bobby Johnson did. He's still invited back for yearly anniversaries.

Or the Giants can just buy the ring and put it in with the rest of the trophies/memorabilia... just saying.

was he any good at football? why does LT not have any children in the NFL? If a dude like Mark Ingram has good enough football genes to pass on, I gotta believe LTs are 3 times better...

I guess he never got the mentoring that was needed to nurse him along.

Are we guilty of giving LT a pass of being a moron simply because he was great on the football field? I was too young to actually see him play but he strikes as a drug addict who does stupid shit left and right.

Yes that was the charge.

Not what he was charged with, that's why your innocent until proven guilty. And LT was guilty of engaging in prostitution with a minor. Not good.

That pimp is the real criminal.

Anytime an adult has sex with a minor in NY no matter the reason...its technically statutory rape... I used to work for ACS (Child Welfare in the City) and let me tell you that you just don't innocently find yourself in a situation where you are having sex with a minor (when you are in your 40's or 50's) unless your behavior puts you in that compromising situation. Now I have screwed tons of women; never an underage chick because my need for sex never outweighed my need to remain out of jail and/or trouble. So the few times when the person's age (or true gender) was in doubt I would walk away. I have bought pussy four times in my life and I walked away from a situation where I saw the woman (barely 19 or 20) was in an exploitative situation. It was one of those massage parlors with a "happy ending". I had a friend on the force roust the business. Guys who let their need for pussy outweigh their common sense (or basic human decency) go down a notch in my book. I have to be that way as I have two daughters to shepherd through this morass of a world we live in.

Are we guilty of giving LT a pass of being a moron simply because he was great on the football field? I was too young to actually see him play but he strikes as a drug addict who does stupid shit left and right.

Every franchise has had a history of bad players who perform on the field, the fact that Pacman Jones is still in the league proves that the NFL is a business.

To think that the Giants are the only "clean" franchise in the league is just being a Giant's homer.

No I don't anyone who watched him play is giving him a pass. If anything most of us have divided the two LT's; the one on the field we honor; the one off the field we pity, scorn and/or turn our heads away from. The only ones guilty of giving him a pass are the ones who hero worship guys who can tackle or throw a ball or other athletic feats as something more than what they are. Athletic feats.

Every franchise has had a history of bad players who perform on the field, the fact that Pacman Jones is still in the league proves that the NFL is a business.

To think that the Giants are the only "clean" franchise in the league is just being a Giant's homer.

Wasn't referring to the Giants or the NFL.. more like us fans. LT was a great football player... outside of that he's easily in the OJ, TO territory.

No I don't anyone who watched him play is giving him a pass. If anything most of us have divided the two LT's; the one on the field we honor; the one off the field we pity, scorn and/or turn our heads away from. The only ones guilty of giving him a pass are the ones who hero worship guys who can tackle or throw a ball or other athletic feats as something more than what they are. Athletic feats.

Ok good. You're officially removed from the soup Nazi list lol.

You'd have to do that with every former player who sold their superbowl ring/s.

Bobby Johnson did. He's still invited back for yearly anniversaries.

Then I would do that with every player that sold their superbowl rings. . Bobby Johnson wouldn't darken the door again if I had a choice.

I'm not trying to be a hardass on this. These fucking guys got paid a lot of money by the organization and those rings don't come out of a machine at the mall. If he gave the kid the ring, it should be followed by " you're not to ever sell that shit or you give it back to me". That he now knows he's selling it and still doesn't stop him, just emphasizes again to me even more "best Giant ever - even bigger dickhead off the field".