SportsWrath

My Complete FIRST ROUND Mock

Allstarjim

Still considering changing pick #32. I also agree with Bigblue25 I have Kuechly going to low, but not sure where to mock him higher. Anyhow, put me in the camp that thinks Doug Martin is very much on the table at #32. Here's some highlights, and some regular game film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yCMXMK-bY

These are his reps in probably the best defense he played last year, Georgia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0CUgzUtJg

Love 1:41 on that last one.

Against Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBzZDKI7IY

question, how the fuck does Boise State end up in the Maaco Bowl??

Im not a fan of Boise state prospects either but Martin and Illoka look like nice prospects and contributors from day 1.

Nice mock Jim, I'm starting to think that overweight WR is gonna be our pick. Same thing happend with nicks and the weight issue.

Yeah playing in the Mid Western Conference they have to go undefeated to get a BCS game. They did beat Georgia, though, first game of the season, by 14 on the road, pretty impressive victory. Georgia was ranked #19 at the time (which is exactly what their rank was in the AP top 25 at the end of the season). Unfortunately they lost to TCU, who had a very good team last year. More reason for a playoff system, I wish they'd go to an 8 team playoff, personally. Take the winners of the SEC, ACC, PAC-12, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, and let the BCS computers pick the last 2. You could still have the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Sugar Bowl, playing into a semi round, where you play to go to the National Championship Game. I guess the problem with that, is that you are adding two games for the teams that play in the National Championship Game.

Yeah playing in the Mid Western Conference they have to go undefeated to get a BCS game. They did beat Georgia, though, first game of the season, by 14 on the road, pretty impressive victory. Georgia was ranked #19 at the time (which is exactly what their rank was in the AP top 25 at the end of the season). Unfortunately they lost to TCU, who had a very good team last year. More reason for a playoff system, I wish they'd go to an 8 team playoff, personally. Take the winners of the SEC, ACC, PAC-12, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, and let the BCS computers pick the last 2. You could still have the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Sugar Bowl, playing into a semi round, where you play to go to the National Championship Game. I guess the problem with that, is that you are adding two games for the teams that play in the National Championship Game.

Boise St plays in the Mountain West.

Yeah I saw that... thanks. I saw MWS and filled it in the acronym without thinking. Thanks.

I think they are moving to the Western Athletic Conference, soon, though, which is good because it is a little bit more competitive....

I only know because last season I bet on them all the time and watched most of their games. If they won by 50 or more, which happened twice, I won $50 bucks just for betting on them.

Guest StrahansGap

I will question Jerry Reese ability to draft if he doesn't draft Coby Fleener.

Eli and the Giants don't really use their TE's much. Boss got a lot of touches, but that was before Cruz, Manningham and Nicks turned into arguably the 3 best starting WR's in Giants history. Not to mention, they just picked up Bennet from Dallas. I don't see it. San Fran is high on the kid anyway.

I don't question Reese....ever. I hope they get another DE...no joke. JPP was taken 15th in 2010. What the fuck were the first 14 thinking?

I'm not worried....

Eli and the Giants don't really use their TE's much. Boss got a lot of touches, but that was before Cruz, Manningham and Nicks turned into arguably the 3 best starting WR's in Giants history. Not to mention, they just picked up Bennet from Dallas. I don't see it. San Fran is high on the kid anyway.

I don't question Reese....ever. I hope they get another DE...no joke. JPP was taken 15th in 2010. What the fuck were the first 14 thinking?

I'm not worried....

I love that argument.

We haven't had a really skilled offensive tight end since Jeremy Shockey.

Give Eli a potentially dominating tight end in the mold of a guy like Jason Witten and he's going to use his tight end. We might even alleviate some of the red zone struggles so we don't have to knock up 20 yard field goals constantly. *GASP*

But no, we just gameplan AROUND the tight end position, with the stupid ass thinking that any dude you plug in there could catch 30 balls.

Illogical.

Guest StrahansGap

I love that argument.

We haven't had a really skilled offensive tight end since Jeremy Shockey.

Give Eli a potentially dominating tight end in the mold of a guy like Jason Witten and he's going to use his tight end. We might even alleviate some of the red zone struggles so we don't have to knock up 20 yard field goals constantly. *GASP*

But no, we just gameplan AROUND the tight end position, with the stupid ass thinking that any dude you plug in there could catch 30 balls.

Illogical.

Why did Reese sign Bennett....to hand Gatorade bottles to Bear Pascoe?

It ain't happening. Fleener would be a waste of a pick. Newsflash: McKenzie is gone, Diehl is old, Beatty is unproven, Baas is a pussy, and Snee might have lost his all pro status last year. I'm a little worried for Eli next year.....actually, I'm REALLY worried.

PS: Newsflash #2: Fleener will never be anything close to Witten. He might not even ever be as good as Kevin Boss. With Cruz and Nicks....we can afford to pass on a mediocre TE. And I'm 100% confident Reese feels the same......

I like Fleener too but cmon, I truly do trust Reese. Now if he picks some scrub over Fleener then I'd be like WTF.

I was kidding, Osi. For the first time in a long time, I really don't care who the Giants draft. And it's not because I'm disinterested. It's because that's how confident I am of the Giants front office. I trust JR...

It ain't happening. Fleener would be a waste of a pick. Newsflash: McKenzie is gone, Diehl is old, Beatty is unproven, Baas is a pussy, and Snee might have lost his all pro status last year. I'm a little worried for Eli next year.....actually, I'm REALLY worried.

PS: Newsflash #2: Fleener will never be anything close to Witten. He might not even ever be as good as Kevin Boss. With Cruz and Nicks....we can afford to pass on a mediocre TE. And I'm 100% confident Reese feels the same......

Personally, I think Fleener is going to be better than Kevin Boss. However, OL is starting to look old. But lets see what happens... If they draft Fleener, I wouldn't be upset. If they draft Adams, I wouldn't be upset either... Hell, if they draft QB, I wouldn't be upset...

Go Giants!

Well, you've seen Martellus Bennett play.

Fleener is going to establish himself in the upper echelon of TE's in a very short amount of time. Bennett is only on a 1 year deal, too. The Giants will be drafting a TE between tonight and the weekend. Might as well be the best one, if we can get him.

Guest StrahansGap

Fleener is going to establish himself in the upper echelon of TE's in a very short amount of time. Bennett is only on a 1 year deal, too. The Giants will be drafting a TE between tonight and the weekend. Might as well be the best one, if we can get him.

Fleener is the best TE in the draft. He has a lot of strengths. He's fast and he's a good route runner. That's not the problem. The problem lies in his weaknesses. He's apparently not a very strong guy, and he's not a good blocker. He wasn't a good blocker in college. How's he going to fare going against guys that are bigger and faster than him? It's bad enough our O-line depleted. Last thing we need is a string bean TE. Reese will not draft him....period.

Fleener is the best TE in the draft. He has a lot of strengths. He's fast and he's a good route runner. That's not the problem. The problem lies in his weaknesses. He's apparently not a very strong guy, and he's not a good blocker. He wasn't a good blocker in college. How's he going to fare going against guys that are bigger and faster than him? It's bad enough our O-line depleted. Last thing we need is a string bean TE. Reese will not draft him....period.

Pope has turned a lot of tight ends into good blockers though.

Where do you get your information? Because frankly, everything you said there is complete bullshit. Not very strong? He did 27 reps of 225 at the NFL Combine... that was 2nd among all TE's. Have you looked at game vids of his blocking? I have. He's not a weak blocker. It's not his strongest attribute, but he's a better blocker now than Kevin Boss was coming out, and compares favorably to how Shockey was as a blocker.

We have the best TE coach in the NFL. Blocking is not going to be an issue with this kid. He's a faster, more polished receiver, with a 100% better attitude than Jeremy Shockey.

Now I what to clarify about Fleener's blocking... I'm not saying he's a strong blocker at all. I'm saying he's not nearly as bad as some are saying. It's not what you're drafting him for, but he does have some ability to block right now, it shows if you watch his game vids.

I will question Jerry Reese ability to draft if he doesn't draft Coby Fleener.

I won't. I'm leaning towards a lineman on either side of the ball.. this Jones guy sounds pretty intriguing to me.

Where do you get your information? Because frankly, everything you said there is complete bullshit. Not very strong? He did 27 reps of 225 at the NFL Combine... that was 2nd among all TE's. Have you looked at game vids of his blocking? I have. He's not a weak blocker. It's not his strongest attribute, but he's a better blocker now than Kevin Boss was coming out, and compares favorably to how Shockey was as a blocker.

We have the best TE coach in the NFL. Blocking is not going to be an issue with this kid. He's a faster, more polished receiver, with a 100% better attitude than Jeremy Shockey.

agreed.

I think he should be the pick, if he's there...unless someone fell drastically