SportsWrath

Former Giants WR Devin Thomas agrees to terms with Bears

Nas

And with each snap taken by DJ Ware a little part of me will die inside.

Lol I hear ya, Ware is pretty damn vanilla but hes reliable, tough, and can pass

Protect. Tom Coughlin values that over anything else. Hopefully Scott shows up

With improvement in His weaknesses so we can see him get some carries.

I predict Scott will be this year's Cruz.

I've had a pretty good feeling about Scott but refrained from this kind of prediction because I didn't want to jinx it... but since you said it, I second this.

who do you propose we sign? and who do you propose we cut to make cap room to sign them?

Now? Nobody.

Who would I have liked? Any one of these guys: Michael Bush, Peyton Hillis, Stephen Tulloch, Joel Dreesen, Eric Winston, Kevin Boss, Curtis Lofton. I would have been happy with just one of those guys, and many of them could have been had on the cheap.

I don't hate the TE we got from Dallas, but it's hard to be excited about the Giants' offseason so far.

I think Thomas wanted a sandwich, a medium coke, and a bag of chips.

Reese countered with a 1/2 sandwich, a cup of soup, and a small diet Fresca.

Honestly, can't expect Reese to bust the bank.

What are you talking about? I know I can be a Debbie Downer sometime. But, how can you not like the offseason so far? We just won SB for crying out loud.

I'm with you Nem... no complaints; no losses that can't easily (although, still only potentially) be replaced.

Jim, how many times did Scott fumble the ball? And once you mention the #, how many of those (assuming there are many) can you blame on jitters from seeing live action? Yes fumbling is easy to fix I think... Tiki did it and AB did it.. and that's assuming Scott really has a fumbling problem. And besides Jacobs is no longer the workhorse he was or was assumed to have been. Besides how else can Scott see the field unless one of the 3 ahead of him gets cut.

The knock on Scott coming out of college was ball security. He also did not look good in pass protection and let Eli get hammered on one occasion I can remember, and I don't think Eli was happy about it. You have to be able to block in pass protection to play in this offense. But, while Scott only fumbled once, I thought there was another play during the course of the season where he lost the ball (on a pass?) and it was either called incomplete or it went out of bounds. A play like that doesn't really hurt the team insomuch that it's not a fumble, however, it shows that there is a ball security concern. I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered a play like that where it went under review or something and wasn't called a fumble.

I believe that Scott has talent. I think he CAN be a great player. But he hasn't shown, thus far, that he can be trusted with a significant role in the offense. I know Coughlin's approach is a conservative one, and you have to earn your way on to the field. So while I think Scott has great potential, I still think the position needs to be addressed by the end of the 3rd round at latest. Even with Jacobs coming back, I would want the Giants to draft a running back. Bradshaw isn't going to be able to carry the ball 250 times. There is a need for a player that can be 1) a legitimate threat running the ball, and 2) can be trusted with ball security and pass protection, to carry the ball at least 150 times next season.

I know nobody here wants to see D.J. Ware with 150 carries. Can Scott be that guy? I hope so. But I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket, because if Bradshaw goes down again and needs foot surgery or something... then you have Scott and Ware, maybe Andre Brown. That's scary. They need a real talent to be that "break glass in case of emergency" kind of guy. I'd prefer we get a David Wilson or Lamar Miller to be the #2 and Scott to be that guy, but that's because I think the two former players are going to be stars at the next level.

And I know I may sound a bit hypocritical because Wilson already has the ball security concern tag on him.

What are you talking about? I know I can be a Debbie Downer sometime. But, how can you not like the offseason so far? We just won SB for crying out loud.

I'm talking about personnel-wise.

Bragging about how we won the Super Bowl while living in the middle of Patriots country has been awesome.